Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Vision HID lighting

10K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Motorbikerx 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed HID lighting on their Vision. I was wondering if it was necessary or worth it. I haven't been disappointed with the dual head lights on the Vision but am always interested in upgrades if they are worth it. I'm also thinking about replacing the center light. Any input would be apreciated.

2012 Victory Vision Tour,
CB/Intercom,
back rest,
Clear lower air deflectors,
thumb up
Zumo 660 with full vision mount package

#2 · (Edited)
Yes!!! And totally worth the $150 bucks. Talk to Crossroads. :)

I already had the Victory HID in the center from the dealership. With the OEM bulbs I think it made a nice difference. I don't like the single HID in color WITH to the yellowish OEM hi/low, and I have a single HID in my VTX (and love it), so I put in Crossroads VICTORYHID bulbs. Now, the center OEM HID light doesn't make that much difference.

He sells all 3. If I had it to do over again, I'd save the high cost of the Victory option HID and just go with Crossroad's all around. That would save you $400+

Reactions: Motorbikerx
#3 ·
Thanks for the info. I'm still debating doing the center light. I routinely ride at night on a road with a lot of deer. Anything to give me a little more visibility. It'll probably have to wait until after Christmas though if you know what I mean.

#6 · (Edited)
I have them on my Vision. I bought my kit from DDMTuning in the 35 watt 6000k color. If you are trying to match the center HID, you will have to get the kit in the 4300k color. This is low beam. They are extremely bright on high beam. I worried at first about the heat they produce, but 1 year later and so far no problems yet.:) Headlamp Automotive lighting Light Automotive exterior Bumper

#7 ·
Mike, I have an '08 with the HID OEM center light. Want to convert over the other 2 bulbs to HID as well. Do you remember what color/temeprature bulbs you bought, and do they look the same as the OEM, or yellower or bluer?
I'd like to keep a bit of a difference but don't want to go too bluish (ie too high in deg K temp.)
Thanks in advance.

#9 ·
Got it. I see there are 3 "colors" or temperature ratings from him. so I can pick from how they are described as being yellow (like halogen OEM, or whilte like center light, or bluish tinge.
As I don't really want a "blue" appearaince I'll likely go Pure White.

#10 ·
Yes, it boils down to preference. The good news is, you won't hate it no matter which color temperature you end up choosing. ;)

#13 ·
Thanks bud, going to email THEM the link and they can pretend I don't know about it... lol!!!!! Got to keep it kid proof... :)

#14 ·
Not knocking Crossroads kit, but I didn't pay but half that. It's a very simple install other than taking the whole front end apart.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

#15 ·
Not knocking Crossroads kit, but I didn't pay but half that. It's a very simple install other than taking the whole front end apart.
FYI, DDM ships their kits from China and from what others have said, they will leave you hanging if you ever need support or a replacement. But they're in business to make money. I'm here to help out fellow riders avoid a headache.

#16 ·
Not entirely true. Yes, some of their kits are shipped straight from China, but they do have 2 warehouses in California. I have been dealing with them for 3 years now and have never had a problem with customer service. I have had a couple of kits that had to be returned or the bulbs replaced that were defective, but they were always prompt on sending a replacement. Almost all the HID kits are either made in China or in Germany and with both I had some kind of defective part come from either maker, so it is really a luck of the draw of what you get. I've had the kit that is on my bike now for just a little over a year and have yet to have a problem with it. Call me lucky, maybe, but I hardly doubt it or else I would be playing the lottery.

#17 ·
Digging this post up from the grave, I want to change my HID (centre) light over to LED the Crossroads site does not seem to list the Vision as an option any more any suggestions as to what LED bulb would work in that socket?

#18 ·
Is Crossraods with the HID lighting still in business?????

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.