I mourn for my country - Page 154 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1531 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 01:58 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Saddam didn't let the inspectors look into what he's got.
That's not what the weapons inspectors reported.

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-500257_162-540681.html

"Since we arrived in Iraq, we have conducted more than 400 inspections covering more than 300 sites. All inspections were performed without notice and access was almost always provided promptly. In no case have we seen convincing evidence that the Iraqi side knew in advance that the inspectors were coming...

Mr. President, in my 27th of January update to the council, I said that it is seen from our experience that Iraq had decided in principle to provide cooperation on process. Most importantly, prompt access to all sites and assistance to UNMOVIC in the establishment of the necessary infrastructure. This impression remains. And we note that access to sites has so far been without problems, including those that have never been declared or inspected as well as two presidential sites and private residences."

http://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1532 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 01:59 PM
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Saddam didn't let the inspectors look into what he's got. That's what happens when you bluff that you have nucular weapons of mass destruction. Walk around pretending to have a loaded gun in your pocket, pointing it at people, and you will get shot even if you did not have a gun.
Ding, ding, ding! We have two houses on our block that I know for a fact contain firearms. One is my home and the other is a guy down the street. Slightly different comparison in that he DOES "have a gun" (quite a few, actually). But, he's the type who likes to tell everyone, has a big ol' NRA sticker on his truck, etc, etc. In the six plus years we've lived there, his house is the only one that's been broken in to...twice, actually. Both times they stole his firearms. The second time, he was there and got roughed up pretty good. According to our neighbors, it happened to him at least once before we moved to the neighborhood. lol
ALStensby is offline  
post #1533 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:00 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Here we go with your comprehension issues again. When have I ever claimed to be a "liberal" or what statement have I made that would make me a liberal?

As for the assault weapon ban, that's exactly what I was getting at. It made no difference...in EITHER direction. It went up some times and down some times and in different parts of the country. Why? Because both having a gun or not allowing them do almost nothing to affect such things. You can find hundreds of statistics to both support and destroy your claim that it doesn't help. Hopefully, I made it a bit more clear for you to understand this time around. Let me make it easier for you: Causation and Correlation.

Also, at what point have I made the claim that I'm for more gun control? I've actually made statements to the opposite just in the last few pages.
You sound like one of those 'on the fence' moderates... who could be for Romney one day and Obama the next... do YOU know what you are?

In life you've gotta decide... second ammendment or not, that one's easy.

(I know, in your gray world you probably think we can take away a 'little' of the second ammendment and it'll be ok)

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
post #1534 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:03 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Ding, ding, ding! We have two houses on our block that I know for a fact contain firearms. One is my home and the other is a guy down the street. Slightly different comparison in that he DOES "have a gun" (quite a few, actually). But, he's the type who likes to tell everyone, has a big ol' NRA sticker on his truck, etc, etc. In the six plus years we've lived there, his house is the only one that's been broken in to...twice, actually. Both times they stole his firearms. The second time, he was there and got roughed up pretty good. According to our neighbors, it happened to him at least once before we moved to the neighborhood. lol
That story makes me think you'd understand the hundreds of thousands of times a year a gun owner DOES stop crime and protect themselves and others... or does your story hold more sway.

You're not wobbling on that fence are you?

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
post #1535 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:14 PM
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
You sound like one of those 'on the fence' moderates... who could be for Romney one day and Obama the next... do YOU know what you are?

In life you've gotta decide... second ammendment or not, that one's easy.

(I know, in your gray world you probably think we can take away a 'little' of the second ammendment and it'll be ok)
You have memory issues, don't you? We've been down this road before. I'm not a liberal. I'm not a conservative. I'm not a moderate. I would never vote a party line just to vote said party line. And, as stated before, I voted for neither of those, rather voting for who best suited my convictions. Unlike you (again, a conversation we've already had).

As for the gray world, that's called the real world. Nothing is yes or no, black and white. Only simple minds see it as such. Is killing someone wrong? Depends on a lot of factors. Just because you felt like it? Most would say yes. To defend yourself? Most would say no.
ALStensby is offline  
post #1536 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:18 PM
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
That story makes me think you'd understand the hundreds of thousands of times a year a gun owner DOES stop crime and protect themselves and others... or does your story hold more sway.

You're not wobbling on that fence are you?
Not sure what fence you're talking about here. My statement has been pretty obvious that there is no conclusive large scale proof that having (or not having) a firearm does anything to prevent crime and protect oneself. You can find many examples on both sides of the argument. Also, pretty sure "hundreds of thousands" is likely a bit of an exaggeration. Unless you can provide something to back it up.
ALStensby is offline  
post #1537 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:59 PM
Senior Member
 
Azdave's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Scottsdale
Posts: 1,331
Oh gee Bbob hurt my feelings. He's so mean. Bob I have a picture of you in my mind. Tell me how close I am. Nice size beer belly pretty much out of shape, not many friends, missing a few teeth, favorite shirt one without sleeves. Used to be a jock in high school bullied a few kids now wrapped up in the Glory Days. I have a few more but this is how I see you. Let me know if I am close.


BTW Bob hope that was civil enough for you.

Blame it on me
2014 HD Street Glide
2013 Vision Sunset Red
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000

Last edited by Azdave; 01-03-2013 at 03:14 PM.
Azdave is offline  
post #1538 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Oh gee Bbob hurt my feelings. He's so mean. Bob I have a picture of you in my mind. Tell me how close I am. Nice size beer belly pretty much out of shape, not many friends, missing a few teeth, favorite shirt one without sleeves. Used to be a jock in high school bullied a few kids now wrapped up in the Glory Days. I have a few more but this is how I see you. Let me know if I am close.


BTW Bob hope that was civil enough for you.
Now THAT'S winning an argument... Keep talking, the real you certainly puts the proper spin on your liberal talking points... you seem to like being one of Obama's sheeple.

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
post #1539 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdave View Post
Oh gee Bbob hurt my feelings. He's so mean. Bob I have a picture of you in my mind. Tell me how close I am. Nice size beer belly pretty much out of shape, not many friends, missing a few teeth, favorite shirt one without sleeves. Used to be a jock in high school bullied a few kids now wrapped up in the Glory Days. I have a few more but this is how I see you. Let me know if I am close.

BTW Bob hope that was civil enough for you.
Let's try you.. thinks the world is ending any day now due to 'carbon emmissions', wants an electric car to save the polar bears, thinks poor people got that way because they were oppressed, buys American products because children are being killed in China making tennis shoes, thinks 'regular' lightbulbs are evil but doesn't notice how much mercury will enter the environment from floresent bulbs... and thinks he knows how to run everyone elses lives better than they do... and The Constitution doesn't mean what it says, it was written by primitives... and a do nothing Senator/Community organizer, socialist raised by communists, anti American/Constitution hater, class warfare mentality, anti capitalist empty suit should be President of The United States...

There's more, but how's that so far?

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
post #1540 of 1844 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 05:22 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Not sure what fence you're talking about here. My statement has been pretty obvious that there is no conclusive large scale proof that having (or not having) a firearm does anything to prevent crime and protect oneself. You can find many examples on both sides of the argument. Also, pretty sure "hundreds of thousands" is likely a bit of an exaggeration. Unless you can provide something to back it up.
THE argument continues to be lost on you... we have a Constitution, it includes a Bill of Rights including the second ammendment... that pretty much ends the discussion. More regulations on guns is simply more steps toward taking them away.

I've got some guns and haven't protected myself from crime or others with them YET, so? Again, 'some' defense against a tyranical government is the main purpose of that right... your, or my, crime stats don't matter much to the main picture... or the reason for the second ammendment.

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome