I mourn for my country - Page 62 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #611 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:55 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
More diverting.
Don't say I didn't warn you. There is no sense in talking facts with a few of these folks. They have no interest in reality. They want to hear you say that you worship Obama, Marx, Stalin, trilogy the way they do the father, son, and ghost. They want to hear that you want someone to take their money and give it to you and that you want their guns and Bibles too. Rush has so filled their empty heads with this nonsense that they can't imagine a world where the white hats aren't constantly under threat of the black hats coming to abscond with the crap in their shack.

Sad state of affairs, but even with Obamacare, there simply aren't enough psychiatrists available to treat them all. Whaddya gonna do?

http://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #612 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
More diverting. I put my request to you as simple as possible and assumed you'd be able to understand it as well as comply. Apparently, I was too hopeful. Provide facts that the economy is worse today than it was four years ago. I've asked you twice now to do this.

The debt sucks, yes. And it's getting worse. So does the credit downgrade. But that's not the economy which was the question. It has an effect, but it's not THE economy. Unemployment is really high...but it's in a better situation than it was four years ago. The healthcare industry will not implode. It will certainly change. Probably both for better and worse depending on one's own situation.
"THE economy" means a lot of things, but I guess you have something more specific in mind... this economy is tied to things like, the high unemployment rate, looming taxation of Obama care, credit downgrades, massive debt, lack of budgets for YEARS, stiffling oil production, etc., we're in great shape... all you have to do is look at the massive debt and the future proposed spending and future debt and you'll have a hard time praising any .00ish improvement in this or that, especially using Obama's figures...

Go ahead, continue on your rose-colored outlook... half of us will keep our eye to the sky... since it IS falling, and it's not going to be pretty...

... of course when the s*it hits the fan it'll be.... Bush's fault.

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
post #613 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
They want to hear you say that you worship Obama, Marx, Stalin, trilogy the way they do the father, son, and ghost. They want to hear that you want someone to take their money and give it to you and that you want their guns and Bibles too.
Your opinions give away your socialist leanings, you don't need to confess it, it's clear.

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
post #614 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:22 PM
Premium Member
 
Lance's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: So. Calif.
Posts: 1,001
Let's see how the liberal side 'cuts' spending in these recent 'negotiations', that ought to point out what sort of agenda they really have... Obama can talk about spending cuts but he can't DO it... his agenda is simply to make it look like he stuck it to the rich, to support his class warfare movement... he's an empty chair/suit that's got you liberals bamboozeled.

2012 Victory Cross Roads
2003 BMW R1150R
1978 BMW R75/7
.........
1974 BMW R75/5
Lance is offline  
post #615 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Your opinions give away your socialist leanings, you don't need to confess it, it's clear.
You don't even know what the term means. Stick with learning one syllable words and work your way up.

http://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #616 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 02:36 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Let's see how the liberal side 'cuts' spending in these recent 'negotiations'
You are probably right. The "real liberals" won't want to cut entitlement spending. Obama is not a real liberal. The real spending free for all is defense and "real conservatives" won't cut that. Obama is not a real conservative.

I'd bet that being the raging centrist that he is, he'll get both sides to give a little and throw each a bone that will allow them to toot their own horns come re-election time.

http://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #617 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
"THE economy" means a lot of things, but I guess you have something more specific in mind... this economy is tied to things like, the high unemployment rate, looming taxation of Obama care, credit downgrades, massive debt, lack of budgets for YEARS, stiffling oil production, etc., we're in great shape... all you have to do is look at the massive debt and the future proposed spending and future debt and you'll have a hard time praising any .00ish improvement in this or that, especially using Obama's figures...

Go ahead, continue on your rose-colored outlook... half of us will keep our eye to the sky... since it IS falling, and it's not going to be pretty...

... of course when the s*it hits the fan it'll be.... Bush's fault.
Are you SERIOUSLY that dense? How much clearer do I need to make it for you to comprehend what I said? The question was posed if the economy is in better shape today (not tomorrow, not in a year...today...do you comprehend such a simple concept?) than it was four years ago. The answer to that is yes. Instead, you're too busy trying to inject talking points that few have said AREN'T an issue in this thread.

Side note: oil production has been about the same for the last decade, actually improving slightly over the last four years. Go figure...you were wrong. Again.
ALStensby is offline  
post #618 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cloverdale Ca.
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance View Post
Oh my... somebody is SO full of Obama Koolaid... yeah, he's all for gun rights... comical.

Bugkiller, you've gotta kill that bug in your brain, it's eating away the part that lets you see the real world.
I hope I don't have one of those things from " Star Trek;The Wrath of Khan"
I am for gun rights. I think the gun control laws we have, at least here in Calif., are enough.
I don't like seeing our country pulled apart by these wedge issues, which people aren't going to change their opinion on anyway, and aren't the serious problems facing our country.
I also dismiss any generalizations, i.e. 47% of americans are takers, all white people that voted against Obama did so because of race, or all christians are trying to shove their religion down anyone else's throat. Blanket statements about people are poor arguments.
Bugkiller is offline  
post #619 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Are you SERIOUSLY that dense? How much clearer do I need to make it for you to comprehend what I said? The question was posed if the economy is in better shape today (not tomorrow, not in a year...today...do you comprehend such a simple concept?) than it was four years ago. The answer to that is yes. Instead, you're too busy trying to inject talking points that few have said AREN'T an issue in this thread.

Side note: oil production has been about the same for the last decade, actually improving slightly over the last four years. Go figure...you were wrong. Again.
My FIL subscribed to the same end of the world newsletters that Lance dances to today. They said the same crap when Clinton got elected. In fact, he even bought me a book one of them authored regarding how to handle finances to avoid disaster. It was wrong about everything except one stock. Fortunately, I didn't buy into that nonsense back then either. With the track record of doomsayers, it's a pretty safe bet that now's a good time to invest again...

http://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #620 of 1844 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Cloverdale Ca.
Posts: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnstriper View Post
Blame whoever you want , it's been 4 years and no "change" has happened for the good. Attachment 8979


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
When Obama was first elected, G.W. Bush handed him two letters, and said if things go really bad open the first letter. If something else goes really wrong, open the second letter.
Well, unemployment kept falling, so Obama opened the first letter, and it said, Blame it on me.
When casualties continued to mount in Iraq and Afghanistan, Obama opened the second letter. It said,
Sit down and write two letters.
Bugkiller is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome