Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Rear risers...more than what's offered

5K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  TheMike 
#1 · (Edited)
Rear board risers...more than what's offered

I installed the Victory risers for the rear floorboards on my Vision. I'm looking for suggestions on getting a few more inches. Even if its something that's on top of the boards.

My 8 year old daughter is my primary passenger. When she sits and scoots her butt forward she can put her feet on the boards but when she sits normally they're about an inch off. This will make for uncomfortable touring with the family.

I am thinking of something like a piece of wood, shaped like the board and painted black to look halfway decent. Maybe with a slope on the top for more comfort. I could then attach rubber straps (like rubber bands) to the board mounting pin and under the floor board then over the added piece back to the pin to secure?

Maybe a shaved solid piece of plastic instead? Don't know just thinking on paper.

Ideas?.

#7 · (Edited)
I didn't want to "stack" the vision risers for the passenger floorboards. I figured my daughter needed about 1.5" more so here's what I did.

- Sandwiched 2 x 3/4" plywood and glued together.
- Trace the floorboard onto the wood.
- find the nearest bandsaw and belt sander to cut and smooth it out.
- paint it black
- stick on rubber mat for feet.
- velcro to the floorboard.

I think it came out well and it was just what she needed. Will see how well they stay on over the summer. I picked up some EXTREMEM Velcro from Lowes that's designed to be stuch to rough surfaces. Hopefully it will stay stuck to both the wood and to the rubber on the floorboard.

I need to be able to remove at will for cleaning and for "regular" height passengers. Hopefully it will work as desinged and thought out.

#8 ·
That EXTREME Velcro is awesome. It took a good pull to get the boards off but the Velcro stayed in place on the rubber OEM boards. Everything works well as planned and designed.

#11 · (Edited)
Yea, maybe (the rubber). Hoping some Goo Remover will remove whatever gets left behind after I yank the Velcro off. Will see after my kid out grows the steps.

Thanks Buster!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.