Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Honda VS.Victory

19K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Tims_04V92TC 
#1 · (Edited)
The shadow 750 has alot of power.does the 106 cubic inch motor have more power than a Honda Shadow? maby Honda has more power.because its jap

This post has been deleted
#4 · (Edited)
bike-o fire

I like the one about the bike on fire .That guy really made this place pissed off...Funny stuff right there now.so you are saing that a 106 cubic inch Victory motor has more power than a Honda Shadow 750? I guess Victory Vision would be a better touring bike .But what about Hardley Dangerous?watch and see

#5 ·
Road Life

ive been the proud owner of a 2007 Honda Shadow 750 since 2008. its been a great bike; rides like glass, sits low and comfortable, and chicks think i look good on it (important!!!). but im getting older and am thinking about getting a new bike one day.

i WONT touch Harleys. they are way too expensive for the amount of road life i could get out of them.

i stumbled upon Victory. i almost immediately fell in love with the Kingpin 8 Ball. its twice as expensive as my bike was new...but it just looks like the kind of bike i could ride and be happy with it. but i gotta know...what is the road life of the Kingpin vs the Shadow?? I want my next investment to last me a long time

#10 ·
ive been the proud owner of a 2007 Honda Shadow 750 since 2008. its been a great bike; rides like glass, sits low and comfortable, and chicks think i look good on it (important!!!). but im getting older and am thinking about getting a new bike one day.

i WONT touch Harleys. they are way too expensive for the amount of road life i could get out of them.

i stumbled upon Victory. i almost immediately fell in love with the Kingpin 8 Ball. its twice as expensive as my bike was new...but it just looks like the kind of bike i could ride and be happy with it. but i gotta know...what is the road life of the Kingpin vs the Shadow?? I want my next investment to last me a long time
Hell a schwinn is more expensive that what you ride now.....:ltr:

#6 ·
I own a 2001 vic 40,000 trouble free miles riding mostly 2 up.
My brother owns a 2002 touring cruiser and he's a little rough with it think he just hit 52,000 with his and only thing he broke was a clutch cable and a few sets of tires .Road kill put I think over 100,000 miles on his 98 vic in about 5 years without any major issues.....

#7 ·
07ACE, that was hilarious! I mean really, who gives a schit about a Honda....ANY Honda?

#8 ·
I don't under stand this thread at all...

I rode a Honda Shadow 750 for several years. It is an excellent bike. Very comfortable for long rides, very easy to handle, etc. I would easily recommend it. Especially as a first bike. Easy to learn on. Highly dependable. And priced exceptionally well. I sold it, eventually, for more than I paid (I bought it used too).

Is someone really asking if a 750 cubic centimeters engine puts out more power than a 106 cubic inch engine? :crzy:

The 750 is about a third the size of the 106. centimeters vs inches for those that didn't notice...

cheers

#14 ·
Is someone really asking if a 750 cubic centimeters engine puts out more power than a 106 cubic inch engine? :crzy:

The 750 is about a third the size of the 106. centimeters vs inches for those that didn't notice...

cheers
Now let me get this straight...you are asking if a 750 cc bike has more power than a 1752 cc bike....is that correct....? Hmmmmm....Not sure where you are going with this but unless that 106cu in. is a pig,not running,and has 2 flat tires with broken plug wires it will flat out leave that 750 in the dirt......:crzy: you are being serious aren't you....? (I hope this is a joke)
How is power measured? If it’s just by HP then the fact is that there are 600cc engines that are more powerful than our 106cu engines.
Is power some formula between HP and torque?
From searching the web it seems that everyone points to HP and the measuring stick.
So maybe that is what the OP was asking and thus it’s a fair question.

So what what makes our engine more "powerful"? Is it the torque?

#9 ·
Now let me get this straight...you are asking if a 750 cc bike has more power than a 1752 cc bike....is that correct....? Hmmmmm....Not sure where you are going with this but unless that 106cu in. is a pig,not running,and has 2 flat tires with broken plug wires it will flat out leave that 750 in the dirt......:crzy: you are being serious aren't you....? (I hope this is a joke)

#12 ·
I had the Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 for 10 years -- great bike, fast, smooth and was very reliable - auto valve and cam chain adjustment etc - just fresh oil, gas and go. Thats why I bought it. The Vic XR I just bought has the same auto adjustment and SCARY amount MORE power and comfort. Honestly, I don't want to put down the Shadows, but, there is no real comparison - seriously.

#21 ·
I was just gonna throw in...the Shadow 750 is like 43 HP and 48 ft-lbs of torque, or thereabouts. I dunno if that's still relevant, since this is a pretty odd thread to begin with, but I'd say the Vic 106 wallops the living hell out of that. And in real-world performance, my wife's Shadow at wide-open-throttle can't hope to hang with my XR even if I'm only halfway in it.

And torque isn't important? Tell that to the doucher ricer guys who run 16 PSI of boost in their Civics and can dyno 350 horsepower but can't use their car for anything because it chokes on its own turbocharger and stumbles all over the place. Torque gets you to the point where your HP is useable.

#22 ·
you tube.

half_crazy loved the GP500 YouTube video! Go Kenny Roberts. Got a kick out of the announcer also. Those bikes took real skill to ride. No electronic traction control or ABS. I still get a grin on my face when I think about riding the old H2 Kawasaki 750cc 2-stroke triples. They were not great handlers by any means, but oh would they go fast in a straight line. I am glad I never bought one,worked on one for a friend, helped him rebuilding the engine,etc. Use to barrow that from him once in awhile. Now a few years older there is nooooway I would loan such a bike to anybody. Man that was along time ago.Thanks for the video,much better than Sunday night TV.:crzy:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.