Cross Roads Classic LE Passenger Backrest - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2012, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Cross Roads Classic LE Passenger Backrest

I have a 2012 Cross Roads Classic LE that I am thinking of putting the passenger backrest/rack on. But the backrest pad is made to match the Cross Country or Cross Roads seat, not the leather LE seat. Any of you guys put this on and have a picture of how it matches the seat? Now that there is a 2013 Cross Roads Classic with the leather seat again, maybe Victory will make a passenger backrest with a leather pad to match.

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Senior Member
 
ammo_umb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,470
Jacktb,
I hate to sound like a naysayer but it is doubtful that Victory will make a backrest specific to the XR-LE but if they do it would be much more money. The problem is that the backrest they already have can be on any 2010-13 XR, XC or XCT and the XR/XCT both outsell the XR by more than 10 to 1. Basically there aren't enough XR-LEs to make it worth it to them.

You have options that will cost you much less or close to the same as a leather backrest would cost through Victory. The cheap option is to find an uphostery shop that works in leather and have them match your seat then cover a OEM backrest (Cycle Ops can most likely do this too). The higher dollar option is to order a Corbin seat and thier backrest which would allow you to pick a new leather pattern/color which would be used on the seat and backrest.

Retired AD USAF, IYAAYAS!

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is online now  
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 11:39 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammo_umb View Post
Jacktb,
I hate to sound like a naysayer but it is doubtful that Victory will make a backrest specific to the XR-LE but if they do it would be much more money. The problem is that the backrest they already have can be on any 2010-13 XR, XC or XCT and the XR/XCT both outsell the XR by more than 10 to 1. Basically there aren't enough XR-LEs to make it worth it to them.

You have options that will cost you much less or close to the same as a leather backrest would cost through Victory. The cheap option is to find an uphostery shop that works in leather and have them match your seat then cover a OEM backrest (Cycle Ops can most likely do this too). The higher dollar option is to order a Corbin seat and thier backrest which would allow you to pick a new leather pattern/color which would be used on the seat and backrest.
I went into the Cross Roads picture folder and saw some LEs with the standard passenger backrest, I would like to see it in person.

Thanks for the reply. Victory needs to step up to the plate with their accessories, HD and Yamaha have them beat hands down on options and pricing.(I've owned both) If they only sell 500 LEs, they still need to make accesories for it, even if its at a loss. They can continue to make progress catching HD in sales, but need to sell backrest/racks and other stuff at a competative price.

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 12:16 PM
Senior Member
 
ALStensby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Brooklyn Park, MN
Posts: 637
Worst case scenario, take it to an apholsterer. There isn't much fabric and shouldn't run too much to match. I was looking at making an aftermarket one and the prices were relatively reasonable for the cover.
ALStensby is offline  
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 06:31 PM
Senior Member
 
ammo_umb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,470
Until there's competition from other manufacturers building items for specific models of Victorys there aren't going to be competitive prices. Keep in mind that prices are higher because it's tough to get manufacturers to make 100-200 widgets at a time and get a good price. HD and yamaha after market companies most likely put in orders for at least 10x that many and can sell for less because they buy for less.

Retired AD USAF, IYAAYAS!

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is online now  
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-12-2012, 10:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Pckrfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: YYC
Posts: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALStensby View Post
Worst case scenario, take it to an apholsterer. There isn't much fabric and shouldn't run too much to match. I was looking at making an aftermarket one and the prices were relatively reasonable for the cover.
I can attest to that. I went to a custom upholsterer to see if she could repair the backrest from my dead XR. The fabric was all road rashed. The upper frame was destroyed so she couldn't, but the fabric is really quite minimal,compared to a seat.... So if I was you, take your bike to an upholsterer and give him or her the backrest and say you want it done up just like the seat on your LE...

2013 AG-XC:
Debadged, Gustafsson +2 Euro Flip
Ma Vic (Black Tri-Ovals/S1 Package, pull backs, HID,
heated seat, bag bars, shorty antennae)
Ness (derby covers, Rad III mirrors)
Avon heated grips, Wolo Bad Boy air horn
RICZ's LD PL8 bracket and lotsa blacked out stuff
GOODY'S fork mounted lowers (3M'd)
Bag graphics & inner fairing, Bad Boys Design Peoria, AZ. Sena & XM in the saddlebag

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO MATCH...............for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline  
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Senior Member
 
TNXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,454
I agree that a fabric shop should be able to do it for a reasonable amount plus I don't think the seat on the LE is leather, just vinyl like all the other cross bikes. I took a seat from my other motorcycle to a guy who does seats for boats and the price for the vinyl was more than he charged to do the work!

2011 Cross Roads Sunset Red
OEM short windshield, passenger backrest, crash bars, saddle bag bars, heated grips, vinyl closeouts, tachometer, ambient temp. WD lay down licence plate.
TNXR is offline  
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Rothschild, WI.
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
I agree that a fabric shop should be able to do it for a reasonable amount plus I don't think the seat on the LE is leather, just vinyl like all the other cross bikes. I took a seat from my other motorcycle to a guy who does seats for boats and the price for the vinyl was more than he charged to do the work!
The seat is leather on the LEs. I think if they made a leather cover with studs and white stitching like the seat it would look good.

Or maybe I'll just trade it for a Cross Country.

Red 2013 Cross Country Tour
Rothschild, Wi.
jackthebiker is offline  
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackthebiker View Post
The seat is leather on the LEs. I think if they made a leather cover with studs and white stitching like the seat it would look good.

Or maybe I'll just trade it for a Cross Country.
I want the LE with this accessory:


http://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-15-2012, 05:11 PM
Senior Member
 
TNXR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: East Tennessee
Posts: 1,454
My goodness, I didn't see that one in the new accessory book.

2011 Cross Roads Sunset Red
OEM short windshield, passenger backrest, crash bars, saddle bag bars, heated grips, vinyl closeouts, tachometer, ambient temp. WD lay down licence plate.
TNXR is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome