Madstad Brackets! - Page 3 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #21 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Senior Member
 
gamewarden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Centreville, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 286
Orbiker

I really like the look of those bars. Did you have to purchase any cables etc to get them to fit. How do you like them over stock?

Thanks

2011 custom Tequila Gold with Candy Orange accents, hard lowers and trunk, Ipod in lowers, HID and saddle bag bars, stage 1, heel shifter, front and back chrome fender guards,Garmin GPS, fairing wind deflectors, heated Gerbing hook up, Dain skull brake pedal, rear brake master and reservoir cover, custom cheese wedge cover, clutch cover, Witchdoctor cam covers, Wolo Bad Boy horn, heated grips and seat, Gorilla alarm, Vision rear engine brackett covers, Kruzer Caddy, WD exhaust tips.
gamewarden is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
Orbiker

I really like the look of those bars. Did you have to purchase any cables etc to get them to fit. How do you like them over stock?

Thanks
I did not need to purchase any cables or extend the wires. The brake is a tad tight and I am hoping I can just get a 45 or 90 for the connection to the master-cylinder.

Check this thread for lots of feedback on the bars from me and BBob.
KEN
orbiker is offline  
post #23 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Senior Member
 
anrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Springfield, MO
Posts: 120
I've been toying with both the Klock shield and odom blade on the Madstad brackets and here are my opinions.

1) OEM blade only was ok, but was tiring after full day ride.
2) Klock shield only was horrific and unusable over 60 mph.
3) Klock with Madstad was better, but shield tilted back was to close to my face and too uncomfortable to ride with. Tilted up and it was to uncomfortable to see through while riding.
4) OEM blade with Madstad was simply terrific with some slight adjustments.

I'm 5'11 with a 30" inseam just so you can gauge. And all this is my .02.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2013 Cross Country
LLoydz's VFCIII, RPW Cross Muffler
Former Bikes
2011 Cross Roads
2009 BMW K1300S
2005 BMW K1200S
anrman is offline  
post #24 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Junior Member
 
75woody's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Utah
Posts: 18
I just received and installed my Madstad brackets yesterday. I have the Klockwerks shield on now and noticed the brackets helped alot in the quick ride I took before I realized my rear tire had a nail in it and had to head home!
I have the Blade wind shield but sort of ruined it trying to make it "smoked". I have the tall touring shield if anyone wants to trade their blade

2012 IMPERIAL BLUE XC. Matching Trunk, Passenger Backrest, Ipod Cord, Vic Fork Mounted Lowers, Klock Werks Windshield w/Madstad brackets, Vic Bag Rails, Ness Big Honkers. Cee Bailey's Lowers.
75woody is offline  
post #25 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 10:01 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 218
Quote:
Originally Posted by anrman View Post
I've been toying with both the Klock shield and odom blade on the Madstad brackets and here are my opinions.

1) OEM blade only was ok, but was tiring after full day ride.
2) Klock shield only was horrific and unusable over 60 mph.
3) Klock with Madstad was better, but shield tilted back was to close to my face and too uncomfortable to ride with. Tilted up and it was to uncomfortable to see through while riding.
4) OEM blade with Madstad was simply terrific with some slight adjustments.

I'm 5'11 with a 30" inseam just so you can gauge. And all this is my .02.


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I just added the Madstad brackets but since I have an XCT I had to order a windshield as well. After reading several riders weren't happy with the Klockworks windscreen, I went with a Madstad screen and am completely happy with it. I was concerned with the 11" being too low but even at it's lowest setting, I have a nice pocket of stable air. The tilt forward really helps. I have it about half way with the angle/tilt.
scorpion6 is offline  
post #26 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 784
I'm still lovin' my Madstad Brackets.

Very little water sneaks under the the windshield. Here is a picture with the Klockworks flip all the way at the highest level.

orbiker is offline  
post #27 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 03:15 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
BThomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
I'm still lovin' my Madstad Brackets.

Very little water sneaks under the the windshield. Here is a picture with the Klockworks flip all the way at the highest level.

Hey Ken, is your gps attached to your bars or to your Madstad bracket? Been thinking of fabricating a bar between the Madstads to hold my GPS in lieu of it's current place...

2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline  
post #28 of 51 (permalink) Old 05-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
I'm still lovin' my Madstad Brackets.

Very little water sneaks under the the windshield. Here is a picture with the Klockworks flip all the way at the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
Hey Ken, is your gps attached to your bars or to your Madstad bracket? Been thinking of fabricating a bar between the Madstads to hold my GPS in lieu of it's current place...
I tried a bracket off the Madstad and it wiggled too much. I you look close under the GPS you can see 2 pieces of metal which go down to a highway peg pinch mount on the bars.
orbiker is offline  
post #29 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 05:25 PM
Member
 
bdfarms's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Arizona
Posts: 38
Garage
Send a message via AIM to bdfarms Send a message via MSN to bdfarms Send a message via Yahoo to bdfarms
Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
I'm still lovin' my Madstad Brackets.

Very little water sneaks under the the windshield. Here is a picture with the Klockworks flip all the way at the highest level.

So I have the stock CCT windshield (I prefer to look over my shields) Got a Klockwerks, which I really love the design, look and functionality, but just an in too low for me so I too get the buffeting at higher speeds. So I bought the 7Jurock 13" flip and now that is too high for me. I have decided to just quit looking for the perfect shield and buy the Madstad brackets. Since I like the Klockwerks so much I would prefer to use that on the brackets. Two things come to mind though, does it fit stock onto the brackets without having to drill? Second, Madstad cautions about thin windscreens. Will it hold up with the brackets? I know Klockwerks uses part of the fairing to help hold. What were your findings and I am glad to find someone that has done this before I do so I can just order the right shield. Any input or help would be appreciated. Now I just might have the 7Jurock for sale!
bdfarms is offline  
post #30 of 51 (permalink) Old 01-13-2015, 06:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Springfield, Oregon
Posts: 784
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdfarms View Post
So I have the stock CCT windshield (I prefer to look over my shields) Got a Klockwerks, which I really love the design, look and functionality, but just an in too low for me so I too get the buffeting at higher speeds. So I bought the 7Jurock 13" flip and now that is too high for me. I have decided to just quit looking for the perfect shield and buy the Madstad brackets. Since I like the Klockwerks so much I would prefer to use that on the brackets. Two things come to mind though, does it fit stock onto the brackets without having to drill? Second, Madstad cautions about thin windscreens. Will it hold up with the brackets? I know Klockwerks uses part of the fairing to help hold. What were your findings and I am glad to find someone that has done this before I do so I can just order the right shield. Any input or help would be appreciated. Now I just might have the 7Jurock for sale!
Any windshield that fit on the Crosscountry bike will attach to the Madstad brackets. I have taken off the Klockwerks shield and am now running a Cee Bailey 13". I'm 5'10" and hate to look through the windshield.
Order just the brackets and try your 7Jurock.
orbiker is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome