Windshield for XR - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 05:38 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
diogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 14
Question Windshield for XR

I just purchased a brand new 2011 Victory Cross Roads (not a mistype or a time warp, this thing has 0 miles) and am looking to add a windshield to it (not fairing), but need some advise:

1. Is there a good after market windshield for the XR? I've checked multiple sites and can't seem to find anything that fits. I was hoping to find a NC switchblade, but it doesn't look like there is one. To add to the confusion, Cruisercustomizing.com says it has windshields for the XR but then the XR doesn't show up in the fitment charts.

2. If I have to drop $ to buy the Victory windshield, is the one for the XR Lock & Ride?

3. Finally, what windshield height should I be looking at? I am 6'1" and most of it is body (ok, maybe belly )

Thanks in advance for your advise. Merry Christmas!
diogee is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Senior Member
 
visionjohnny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: minnesota
Posts: 7,955
Did you look here
http://www.memphisshades.com/

2008 vision
35 different model bikes over the years. No Monkey in my garage.
Mpls,Mn. no orange in my county

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2012, 06:04 PM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
diogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
I did, but can't seem to find mention of fit for the XR, only the Hammer, Vegas and 8 Ball. Do any of those bikes have the same fitment as the XR?

Thanks

di-O-gee
2011 Victory CrossRoads "Wicked 106"
Old Boys Social Club
Old Enough To Know Better - Drunk Enough To Do It Again!
diogee is offline  
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 04:22 AM
Senior Member
 
rainman123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: niota tn
Posts: 499
you may want to check ebay and/or amazon

2012 crossroad
08 r3t traded for xr
06 rocket classic totaled
98 t-bird traded for rocket
73 sportster sold
72 honda 350 long gone
rainman123 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 05:36 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Romeoville, IL
Posts: 261
The only aftermarket I know of is Cee Bailey's (http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/cr...s_2010_ws.html) but you will still need to stock brackets. You are roped into buying a stock shield for the brackets. The only other option is a fairing from Victory or Wide Open Customs.

No lock and ride, just the four screws in your triple trees.

I bought a mid-height with mine. I am 6' 2" and found it perfect for my needs but always preferred a smaller shield. In my mind, I want something that I can hide behind in a heavy down pour but not one that calls attention to itself. I ended up buying a 15" Cee Baileys. Where the mid-height sent the wind up, skimming at my forehead, (I looked just over it), the 15" puts the wind squarely at my collarbone.

I hope this helps.

Ride safe.

2011 CrossRoads
D&D pipes, PCV, Llyodz performance filter w/strip in place, Llyod's timing wheel (set +4) and various other visual do dads. :cool:

Last edited by vagabondjpm; 12-25-2012 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Additional information
vagabondjpm is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 06:52 AM
Senior Member
 
TonyChip78's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Milford,CT
Posts: 153
Garage
I have the Victory mid-height model. I'm 6'1" with a long torso and it puts my eyes about 3" above the shield. It takes about a minute to take on and off by loosening 4 bolts. About as fast as the switchblade, but you'll need the 5mm Allen in your tool kit. It's a big hunk of plastic, can't imagine how big the tall shield is.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App

2012 Cross Roads
TonyChip78 is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 09:46 AM Thread Starter
Junior Member
 
diogee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Alberta
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by vagabondjpm View Post
The only aftermarket I know of is Cee Bailey's (http://www.ceebaileys.com/victory/cr...s_2010_ws.html) but you will still need to stock brackets. You are roped into buying a stock shield for the brackets. The only other option is a fairing from Victory or Wide Open Customs.

No lock and ride, just the four screws in your triple trees.

I bought a mid-height with mine. I am 6' 2" and found it perfect for my needs but always preferred a smaller shield. In my mind, I want something that I can hide behind in a heavy down pour but not one that calls attention to itself. I ended up buying a 15" Cee Baileys. Where the mid-height sent the wind up, skimming at my forehead, (I looked just over it), the 15" puts the wind squarely at my collarbone.

I hope this helps.

Ride safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyChip78 View Post
I have the Victory mid-height model. I'm 6'1" with a long torso and it puts my eyes about 3" above the shield. It takes about a minute to take on and off by loosening 4 bolts. About as fast as the switchblade, but you'll need the 5mm Allen in your tool kit. It's a big hunk of plastic, can't imagine how big the tall shield is.


Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Thanks gents. I had a feeling that I would have to get the Victory one. They sure have no problem charging for it! I will def look at Cee Baileys after. Sadly with this snow, I'll have plenty of time to wait

di-O-gee
2011 Victory CrossRoads "Wicked 106"
Old Boys Social Club
Old Enough To Know Better - Drunk Enough To Do It Again!
diogee is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 01:01 PM
bfp
Senior Member
 
bfp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: So.cal
Posts: 470
Garage
I have a windshield complete, with 17 " Cee Baileys tinted(light) shield. Brackets are black. It's used. If you are interested.

2010 cross roads
2009 Vulcan special edition
bfp is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 04:01 PM
Senior Member
 
sparkyo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tomball texas
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogee View Post
I just purchased a brand new 2011 Victory Cross Roads (not a mistype or a time warp, this thing has 0 miles) and am looking to add a windshield to it (not fairing), but need some advise:

1. Is there a good after market windshield for the XR? I've checked multiple sites and can't seem to find anything that fits. I was hoping to find a NC switchblade, but it doesn't look like there is one. To add to the confusion, Cruisercustomizing.com says it has windshields for the XR but then the XR doesn't show up in the fitment charts.

2. If I have to drop $ to buy the Victory windshield, is the one for the XR Lock & Ride?

3. Finally, what windshield height should I be looking at? I am 6'1" and most of it is body (ok, maybe belly )

Thanks in advance for your advise. Merry Christmas!
check out 7jurock shields. i am 290 and 6'1" and bought one of the taller wider shields and love it. not only got rid of the head bobbing but also killed the wind noise. made the ride much much better

2013 XC ANTI-FREEZE GREEN
Tomball Tx.
sparkyo1 is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-25-2012, 04:05 PM
Senior Member
 
sparkyo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: tomball texas
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyo1 View Post
check out 7jurock shields. i am 290 and 6'1" and bought one of the taller wider shields and love it. not only got rid of the head bobbing but also killed the wind noise. made the ride much much better
24" tall and 26" wide is mine.....7jurock.com

2013 XC ANTI-FREEZE GREEN
Tomball Tx.
sparkyo1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome