Quick, EZ way to relocate Shock filler nipple
There was another thread that ended up with this discussion, so I thought I'd repost as a how too as I final decided to get around to it. Yes, not elegant, but EZ. took no longer than 20 minutes, no major tools, and one part. NAPA Tire Hardware Dual Wheel Tire Valve part #90-330
1) remove seat
2) remove side cover over filler
3) Remove bold holding filler Nipple
4) Loose side plate it is mounted into (screw near it to right, don't even have to remove)
5) wiggle nipple out.
6) remove hose from "loop" on top of fender to allow play
7) re-route to just under seat bolt and attach braided extension
8) continue behind wires to behind frame fork mount to engine Bracket, either right or left (picture shows LEFT side, more room, less heat)
9) tighten screw holding nipple mount that came in kit
10) Zip tie where needed
I put the screw behind the bracket and tightened from other side.
And that's it!
PS First pic is sideways... sorry... seat on left should...needs rotation 90 degrees right
2-4-13 - After seeing Catroadman running filler to a zip tie holder behind hose, wiring harness, I decided to update this thread and change the mount to this side. If you wish to use Catroadman's drill out of that hole, you still have enough room running the cable in this direction without pulling tank and running through frame. In my case the zip tie hole is too hidden behind my reverse wiring harness.
Don't know why I was so focused mounting on same side as factory (beers and wrenching don't mix I guess) , it is much easier putting it on this side. Thanks Catroadman.
2012 Black XC Tour, HELI bars,
1.5" lowering kit, Closeup Seat, Heli bars, Reverse, "sans cats", Thunder lollipops, ATS, IAV, PC5, RPWs, m.o.u.s.e...
Last edited by MTVic; 02-04-2014 at 04:23 PM.