Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mechanicville NY
OK kids. Let's put on our thinking caps and review 49 pages that I have just finished reading so that others may not have to.
1. By a landslide of consensus from purchasers it's a great product, fast delivery, apex service and communication and phenomenal price compared to the Victory factory alternative (albeit a less comprehensive kit than Victory offers).
2. Yes, it's a tight fit. Yes, it will fit.
3. Lawdy mama!. What choo mean "read the directions"? What directions? Ooooh, oh yeah, them directions.
4. Remove packing materials before installing product.
5. No really!? I dunno. I guess that I wouldn't have automatically gone to cutting and drilling my light bucket as plan B in an advertised plug and play install when things weren't plugging and playing. A good rule of thumb in that case is headlight buckets ain't cheap. Questions is.
6. Victory does not offer a high beam kit. CrossRoads does.
7. Repeat #6. Take it to the bank. Victory does not offer a high beam kit.
8. People who tout themselves as lighting experts on the internet and provide studies (including US and European gummint studies, both entities renowned for their competence) to back up their conclusions on the internet... or... what you can see with your own eyes for less than 100 bucks with a money back guarantee. Geez, tough call.
9. The reason that 2012 Cross Country Tour kits do not include a low beam conversion is that the HID low beam was factory standard equipment on that model.
10. If you have swapped out your headlight bucket or otherwise wound up with a non-stock headlight bucket then odds are high that when you order a kit based on original equipment info, it shouldn't be a surprise when the kit, she no fit. Refer to rule #5.
11. Sarcasm has a pronounced effect on some peeps. It doesn't necessarily shut them up but it does affect them and that's enough.
12. CrossRoads is a saint. For short money he is a patient, clear, instructive and reasonable provider of a product that obviously is in demand.
I just ordered the high beam kit for my Tour. I did read this thread soup to nuts (emphasis on nuts). It is no coincidence that Pop has not ever, not even once, entertained the foolish notion of retail sales. If I am ever so inclined I promise that I will refer to this thread for realignment.