Thanks for the help Tim . My exhaust is stock back to the slip ons . I managed to get the cover off without loosening the exhaust . Took retainer ring off and took nut off with my fingers
. I looked at sprocket and it doesn't appear to have moved in the least so I am just going to locktite the nut and re tighten . Don't have an owners manual . Gotta ask previous owner if he has it still , so don't know torque spec.
Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App
Im sure the pulley can't be too differnt. here is mine. Also including the link to polaris to create a user account and download the user manual PDF.
Inspect Drive Sprocket and Sprocket Nut
1. Remove the drive sprocket cover.
Notice On somemodels youmay have to remove portions of the exhaust systemto access all of the drive sprocket
cover screws (see the Victory Service Manual or an authorized Victory dealer).
2. Inspect drive sprocket and sprocket nut for wear or damage. Make sure the sprocket nut is tight.
3. If the sprocket nut is loose, remove the sprocket nut retainer screws and the retainer.
4. Remove the sprocket nut. Replace with a new sprocket nut if necessary.
5. Clean the output shaft threads and the sprocket nut threads.
6. Apply a few drops of Loctite Thread Locker #262 or equivalent to the output shaft threads.
7. Apply the rear brake and tighten the drive sprocket nut.
Torque: 125 ft-lbs (169 Nm)
8. Install the nut retainer and the retainer screws. Rotate the retainer plate clockwise and hold it against the nut
when retainer screws are tightened.
Torque: 85 in-lbs (10 Nm)
Notice The nut retainer can be installed inmany positions and on either side. If you cannot align the mounting
holes, tighten the sprocket nut slightly and install the nut retainer.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers
2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley
Retired Navy SCPO