Custom wheel ideas - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 101
Custom wheel ideas

Tossing around some ideas I had and doing a little bit of research I want to know if this is possible.

1. Running a 120/70r21 front tire, white wall of course (on 21x3.25 80 spoke wheel)

2. I have no idea what the rim width is on the back but it looks as if there's room to run a 1" wider wheel/tire combo. So I'd like to match a 1" wider 16" 80 spoke rear wheel as well.

Just tossing some ideas out there to see what my options are. I like the stock wheels but I want more spokes and at least a larger front wheel but still use a white wall.

2012 Victory High Ball
2007 Kawasaki ZX-14r

www.smokeindustriesinc.com
brad is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-11-2011, 06:08 PM
Member
 
Evil_Earl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
Tossing around some ideas I had and doing a little bit of research I want to know if this is possible.

1. Running a 120/70r21 front tire, white wall of course (on 21x3.25 80 spoke wheel)

2. I have no idea what the rim width is on the back but it looks as if there's room to run a 1" wider wheel/tire combo. So I'd like to match a 1" wider 16" 80 spoke rear wheel as well.

Just tossing some ideas out there to see what my options are. I like the stock wheels but I want more spokes and at least a larger front wheel but still use a white wall.
If the axle is the same diameter as an hd axle you can run any hd rim you want. If the axle is different diameter you can probably find bearings to make it work. It's just a matter of finding the right bearings and spacers. I had a hd rear wheel on my Honda.

2012 Victory Highball
Evil_Earl is offline  
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Earl View Post
If the axle is the same diameter as an hd axle you can run any hd rim you want. If the axle is different diameter you can probably find bearings to make it work. It's just a matter of finding the right bearings and spacers. I had a hd rear wheel on my Honda.
I guess my concern is mainly on how much of a difference runing a 21" front wheel will make. I have found a place that makes custom wire wheels for motorcycles including the hubs to match any OEM bearings. The 21 is almost 3" taller in overall diameter than the OEM front wheel/tire. I'm wondering how much that will affect the geometry of the bike unless I do the front fork rake kit as well to help with bringing the front end back down.

I need to find a good photoshop guy to try and crop a pic with the wheels I'm looking for.

2012 Victory High Ball
2007 Kawasaki ZX-14r

www.smokeindustriesinc.com
brad is offline  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 08:24 AM
Member
 
Evil_Earl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Moore, OK
Posts: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad View Post
I guess my concern is mainly on how much of a difference runing a 21" front wheel will make. I have found a place that makes custom wire wheels for motorcycles including the hubs to match any OEM bearings. The 21 is almost 3" taller in overall diameter than the OEM front wheel/tire. I'm wondering how much that will affect the geometry of the bike unless I do the front fork rake kit as well to help with bringing the front end back down.

I need to find a good photoshop guy to try and crop a pic with the wheels I'm looking for.

Here's a rake and trail calculator


http://www.rbracing-rsr.com/rakeandtrail.html

2012 Victory Highball
Evil_Earl is offline  
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-12-2011, 10:11 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 59
Put some fat spokes on there. Give the new old school boober some new old school wire wheels.

http://sinisterwheel.com/wheels/bigdaddy

The Black and white fat spokes.

Sinister does cut wheels specific for victory's

As far as the front end goes your probably best off to find a vegas 8 ball or kingpin 8 ball font end. Kingpin would handle better and be eaiser to space the wheel but i think the traditional style of the vegas 8 ball would look better. Plus the vegas 8 ball has the geometry set up for the 21" wheel already.
kfxgeenie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome