Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year

administrator
08-25-2009, 01:57 PM
http://www.motorcycle.com/images/news/bestof2009.jpg

While we enjoy ripping on substandard motorcycles, crappy bikes are hard to find these days. Take a look at any of our comparison tests from the last couple of years and you'll find only marginal differences between our declared winners and their competitors.

With so much high-quality product to choose from, culling the field down into our Best Of winners was an arduous task. But that didn't stop us from coming up with our favorite stuff from the class of '09! Introducing the first-annual Motorcycle.com Best Of awards. And the MoBo goes to...

Find out which bikes were named in the Best of 2009 - Motorcycles of the Year (http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/best-of-2009-motorcycles-of-the-year-88656.html) on Motorcycle.com

doc
08-25-2009, 09:14 PM
Good article. I went to the touring section. It is hard to rip those BMW, they last forever and are solid. The riders are more arogant then any other riders on the planet... but they can be because they are riding some damn good equipment.

The authers missed one thing.
"Truth be told, by purchasing the non-CVO Ultra you can still get a good touring bike and save about $14.5K, but you’ll be powered by a 96 c.i. engine and missing a lot of bling. But, hey, at least the CVO Ultra is the only bike with an old school cigarette lighter!"

Not true, my 09 FLHT has a cigarette lighter on it.

vegas2495
11-30-2009, 03:12 PM
i went to see a honda fury. hearing all the hype! i think it is a piece of shit! it all plastic. i will not spend 13500 for a cruiser that is made of plastic and it is a jap bike. just wondering what u guess think of it.

OldFart
12-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Called at the local Honda dealer here Tasmania, Australia only yesterday and he was saying that he has taken orders already for 2 Furies sight unseen. He reckons they will be a big seller for him coz of the "chopper" look. Me thinks not!!!! Although the wanna be's will probably go with it.

FullCircle
12-03-2009, 12:49 PM
I'd read the artical before and was very interested in the Triumph Thunderbird. I was looking for something differnent than I was already riding and thought the Thunderbird was it. I was all set to pull the trigger but when I went down for a first hand look and test ride I wasn't impressed. I left the dealer and was going to think about the Thunderbird for a few days before making up my mind. I decided to go by the Victory dealership on the way home. There I found several great looking bikes and two that really caught my eye.
I told the salesman I was only looking and would decide later what I wanted to do. He said that was fine and if he could help me in any way to let him know. He also said if I wanted to go ahead and ride one he would get one ready. I told him that would be great. Well after the test ride the Thunderbird was no longer in the picture.
He gave me the out the price on the two bikes I liked and was very helpful but didn't try to push anything on me. I got as far as my vehicle and turned around and went back in and told him to get the bike ready I was taking it.
The Thunderbird my be bike of the year but it didn't speak to me like the Vegas did. As far as the dealership goes I've never been treated better both before and after the sale. The service department is of the same quality and I don't need to make an appointment for a simple sevice. Just ride in wait a few minutes and ride out.
I got a great looking bike, at a good price, that don't cost me an arm and a leg to maintain. The Victory Vegas is my bike of the year!

OldFart
12-03-2009, 01:39 PM
Welcome to the fold. I checked out the Thunderbird last month and it didn't appeal to me, but the lower price is going to influence quite a few prospective buyers.

stevie3x
12-03-2009, 06:46 PM
full circle said it all, you know its really true, a certain bike will just speak to you, light you up, put that certain smile on your face, it may not be the fastest, or the most customized, or best in the ratings, but when YOUR certain bike lures you in all bets are off, its like a woman, maby thats why i always refered to my bike as her,

congrats and enjoy... my heart skipped a beat when
# 1 i met my wife #2 i sat on my Vegas

steve