7JUROCK now offers "Flip" Windshields [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: 7JUROCK now offers "Flip" Windshields

tonyz
04-27-2012, 06:12 PM
Just spoke to Sonia at 7Jurock Plastics. They are now producing a "flip" design replacement windshield for the XC, just add $25.00 to the prices of the windshield shown on their website.

Product Information:
7Jurock replacement windshield for VICTORY CROSS COUNTRY 2010-UP Models follows the same lines and contours as the Victory (OEM) original windscreen. 7Jurock offers: 7" 20" Height. This windshield provides excellent body protection. Beautifully handcrafted from 0.187 (3/16") thick cast military aircraft grade acrylic, specified for optical clarity. Available in Clear and Light Gray. All shields are D.O.T. approved and are manufactured to order. Edges are hand ground and polished. CNC cut and drilled ready to install. Height is measured along the center line of the windshield.

http://www.7jurock.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=328

Here is a pic she sent me of the Flip Windshield

irv
04-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Just spoke to Sonia at 7Jurock Plastics. They are now producing a "flip" design replacement windshield for the XC, just add $25.00 to the prices of the windshield shown on their website.

Product Information:
7Jurock replacement windshield for VICTORY CROSS COUNTRY 2010-UP Models follows the same lines and contours as the Victory (OEM) original windscreen. 7Jurock offers: 7" 20" Height. This windshield provides excellent body protection. Beautifully handcrafted from 0.187 (3/16") thick cast military aircraft grade acrylic, specified for optical clarity. Available in Clear and Light Gray. All shields are D.O.T. approved and are manufactured to order. Edges are hand ground and polished. CNC cut and drilled ready to install. Height is measured along the center line of the windshield.

they are a great company to work with. i had a custom
sized shield made for my cross roads. taller ,wider,and
lower. they did a great job. now doing a set of lowers
to spec.--irv

ammo_umb
04-28-2012, 10:19 AM
LRS never responded to the emails I sent to see if they could do a flip windshield for XR (they do for Road Kings) so I emailed 7Jurock. So far nothing but if they answer back and say they can make a XR flip I'll post on here and see if there's any interest.

irv
04-28-2012, 10:42 AM
why is it nobody wants to talk on the phone ? i did most
of my communicating w/ 7jjurock by talking to a real
person .call me old or old school[which i am] but 1 on 1
seems to get things done quicker and more complete w/o
problems. but here i am typing with 2 fingers into cyberspace.
i know we dont want to be bothered and remain anonymous,
but ive met a few great people on this forum, some personally.
i still like a live voice to talk to. sonia at 7jurock was very
helpful. its almost like instant messaging, which i dont know how
to do either.--take all this in a light hearted manner from an old
geezer--irv

BBob
04-28-2012, 04:43 PM
Might have to see if they will send me a flip shield without the holes drilled. Doesn't look like LRS is moving in that direction anytime soon even though I like the shield I'm using from them right now.

ammo_umb
04-30-2012, 08:57 AM
Irv,
I prefer to use the phone but phone calls aren't always the best option. If you call a buisness during non-buisness hours you have no choice but to call back later. If you email a buisness hours don't really matter because they'll get the email when they get to work.

Another advantage is that if you are questioning a product and they have pictures they can send them back to your email address. If you're calling and have no email the only way you'll get the pictures is to get them to mail them to you (unless they can get them to fit in the tiny holes in the phone reciever).

If "geezer" is an indication that you consider yourself old always remember you're only as old as you feel!

irv
04-30-2012, 10:54 AM
yes,we emailed back and forth too with drawings when i
had my w/shield made. now i also know what the holes are
for in the telephone receiver![lol]--irv
soon to be 64 is old

tonyz
04-30-2012, 03:33 PM
LRS never responded to the emails I sent to see if they could do a flip windshield for XR (they do for Road Kings) so I emailed 7Jurock. So far nothing but if they answer back and say they can make a XR flip I'll post on here and see if there's any interest.

What I suggest is to call Sonia at 7Jurock, If it goes to voice mail, don't worry, she will call you back, then tell her to expect an e-mail. She will respond. That's what I did when I placed my order for the 14" Flip. Hopefully customer service after delivery is going to be as good as it was prior to purchase (if its needed).

Shuffles
05-02-2012, 11:59 AM
I have purchased three shields from this company, good product at a reasonable cost. I have talked with them on the phone as well.

I do have one of their shields for sale for a XC, it is a 11 inch with light tint-excellent shape-just to short for the wife. Paid 135 plus shipping, will sell for 50.00 plus shipping. It is packaged in the original box with instructions.

Contact e-mail, dshipekcya@verizon.net

Thanks

ammo_umb
05-02-2012, 11:17 PM
After seeing Tonz's 7Jurock post and hearing HD Road King owners that were happy with flip windshields I emailed them to see what they can do for Cross Roads. I got an email from them today and was glad to see that not only are their windshields highly rated and inexpensive they do offer a flip option. Their windshieds also come in a variety of heights and widths so if you're interested call the number below and/or visit www.7jurock.com and see what they can do for you.

Dear Brian,

We do offer a FLIP option for the Victory Cross Roads. The FLIP option is an additional $25. That option is not available on our website yet, but you can call us to place to your order over the phone. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. You can also contact us at (909) 634-8548. Thank you for your interest in our products. We hope to do business with you soon.

ShutUpAndRide
05-03-2012, 02:22 AM
Looks pretty good. Sorry for my ignorance guys but... What does the flip option refer to?

ammo_umb
05-03-2012, 09:13 AM
The top edge of the windshield curves outward to direct the air travelling up the windshield. The theory is that the curve will push air over your head so a shorter winshield will function as good as or better than a winshield several inches taller.

fishslapr
05-03-2012, 09:31 AM
These guys are 5 miles from me- I'll go check them out next week... I was thinking of going with a tinted cee-bailey sheild, may go this route instead.

irv
05-03-2012, 03:59 PM
pick up my lowers for me .they are making a custom set for the
vic brackets. they just custom made a w/shield to my specs.
solved all my wind problems.very nice job! would recommend
them to anyone.a fellow on an unnamed forum said it was
the "biggest freakin" one he had ever seen. my own personal
plexifairing.

ammo_umb
05-03-2012, 06:21 PM
Irv,
I saw the pictures, normally that sized pane is reserved for office buildings. Be careful pulling wheelies because if you're going fast enough you'll turn your bike into a hang-glider!

fishslapr
05-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Irv,
I saw the pictures, normally that sized pane is reserved for office buildings. Be careful pulling wheelies because if you're going fast enough you'll turn your bike into a hang-glider!

pictures? I wanna see the pictures!!

irv
05-03-2012, 09:34 PM
my harley friend called it ugly.i call it the best thing that ever happened
to wind deflection. works great in cross winds. glad i could provide
a humorous diversion,but this thing flat out works

gulliverstoe
05-03-2012, 09:35 PM
from what i have seen of the late commers - the gustaffon flip i have (per recommendations about 2 years back) is still the best...great seeing the critters flip over over head...

fishslapr
05-03-2012, 10:14 PM
my harley friend called it ugly.i call it the best thing that ever happened
to wind deflection. works great in cross winds. glad i could provide
a humorous diversion,but this thing flat out works

where are the pics?

irv
05-04-2012, 08:04 AM
so you want a laugh at my expense. only one 4x8 sheet
of acrylic was humanely used up.feel free to properly
beat up on me. it looks much better from the side or
far, far away.--irv

this was taken before the 12 cc seat was put on. it seems
to be a little more comfy than the 11 cr seat. a little
different contour for my bucket and softer at the back.
joce says she likes it better too

fishslapr
05-04-2012, 08:31 AM
far, far away.--irv

not even laughing bro, whatever works for you, ya know? It's really cool they would work with you on your needs like that. That is good to know. I was planning on going with the dark gray tint from Cee Bailey, from what 7Jurock's website says they only do the light gray. I'll talk to them about it...

I got the XC seat for my XR- I like it a lot. Not that I had any problem with the stock seat, but I like the looks of the wider passenger seat much better.

ShutUpAndRide
05-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Mother of god. That is one big shield my friend. Looks like you are just a few square inches away from having your very own Popemobile.

Do wanna say thanks for turning me on to the flip concept. I'm not in a hurry but I am looking for just the right shield for touring as part of my "Vegas Enhancement Program". I like to keep my ride svelte. Seems like the flip might allow me to stay with a smaller shield and still get some of the protection advantages of a taller shield.

irv
05-11-2012, 07:56 AM
Mother of god. That is one big shield my friend. Looks like you are just a few square inches away from having your very own Popemobile.

Do wanna say thanks for turning me on to the flip concept. I'm not in a hurry but I am looking for just the right shield for touring as part of my "Vegas Enhancement Program". I like to keep my ride svelte. Seems like the flip might allow me to stay with a smaller shield and still get some of the protection advantages of a taller shield.

used the same concept as the rifle shield and honda lowers on
my vtx. it may be large but it works.havent ever tried a fairing
but the wind on this is nill. guess im not a hard core rider.
just relax,enjoy that great looking vic, and stop at doyles
and rub it in to the X riders.--irv

irv
05-11-2012, 08:02 AM
[.

I got the XC seat for my XR- I like it a lot. Not that I had any problem with the stock seat, but I like the looks of the wider passenger seat much better.[/QUOTE]

got a 12 xc seat on mine now too.little more cushy and wife
likes her part better too. fills in between the bags.looks
more integrated. gets rid of the mesh look on the seat too.
of course you cant see it because of the living room window
on the front.--irv :)

gulliverstoe
05-11-2012, 10:34 AM

howdy
check out the gustafsson 2 inch flip in smoke grey...mine is peachy
looks clean/great and really flips them up....can't say much about buffet as i am a rag guy

RMH
08-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Is anyone actually using one of the flip design windshields from 7jurock on a Cross Country? Do they follow the same lines as the non-flip design and just have the added curve back at the top?

I need to replace my cracking Victory tall WS (17") which came on the bike when I bought it used.

Have tried a 19" Cee Dragon, but find it is too short and lets too much wind through to my face. Even though it is 19", that includes the filled in lower gap and the design bends the shield towards the rider about half way up, so the end result is a much shorter top of WS when looking over it.

I like the Vic Tall for wind management, but not crazy about the look, expecially after putting on the Cee Dragon.

If I could get a slightly shorter WS with the flip design that perfomed the same as the Vic tall, I think that would be good for me.

Cheers,
Randy

visionjohnny
08-06-2012, 12:14 PM

Product Information:

I wounder if they paid Klock Werks for the copying his paten.

tonyz
08-06-2012, 04:42 PM
Is anyone actually using one of the flip design windshields from 7jurock on a Cross Country? Do they follow the same lines as the non-flip design and just have the added curve back at the top?

I need to replace my cracking Victory tall WS (17") which came on the bike when I bought it used.

Have tried a 19" Cee Dragon, but find it is too short and lets too much wind through to my face. Even though it is 19", that includes the filled in lower gap and the design bends the shield towards the rider about half way up, so the end result is a much shorter top of WS when looking over it.

I like the Vic Tall for wind management, but not crazy about the look, expecially after putting on the Cee Dragon.

If I could get a slightly shorter WS with the flip design that perfomed the same as the Vic tall, I think that would be good for me.

Cheers,
Randy

I am using the 7Jurock 14" with "Flip" in light grey. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam, and I see over it About 2". Works good & looks great.

What I like about it is that the quality is better than most, and the price is great. Got mine for less than $200.00 with shipping, and the mounting holes are pre-drilled. Just unsrew old, and replace with new.

They do not show the flip design on the website, so call them. Add an additional $25.00 for the flip design to the prices on the website.

tonyz
08-06-2012, 04:57 PM

not even close to the Klock Werks design.

BBob
08-06-2012, 05:56 PM
far, far away.--irv

That is a big shield alright. The painted chin fairing side panels look really good on your XR too. I plan on doing that to mine when things cool off again.

It's a very different design like someone else said. Thing about patents is it doesn't take much to be different and not infringe on a patent. Did you know a standard patent is up around $10k now?

I am using the 7Jurock 14" with "Flip" in light grey. I am 6'2" with a 32" inseam, and I see over it About 2". Works good & looks great.

What I like about it is that the quality is better than most, and the price is great. Got mine for less than $200.00 with shipping, and the mounting holes are pre-drilled. Just unsrew old, and replace with new.

This is a nice alternative to the Gustaffson shields which are kinda spendy. I have one of Jurock's standard clear shields on my XC that's tall enough for me to look through. Excellent for the Summer heat here where that hot wind can really pull the moisture right out of ya. I'll have to save up for one of these with the flip though for the rest of the year so I can look over the shield. :)

RMH
08-06-2012, 06:14 PM

They do not show the flip design on the website, so call them. Add an additional $25.00 for the flip design to the prices on the website.

Thanks for the info and the picture. Looks good. Surpised it is only a 14" as it seems taller in the picture.

If you hold your hand at the top of your head/helmet, is there a stream of air just over your head or is it higher higher than that.

You're just a bit taller than me and have a shorter inseam, so if the 14" works well for you I would think it would be good for me too.

Cheers,
Randy

tonyz
08-07-2012, 09:22 AM
If you hold your hand at the top of your head/helmet, is there a stream of air just over your head or is it higher higher than that.

The airstream flows just over my head. Perfect for me.

The best way I found to measure the proper height is to tape a yardstick to the middle of your stock windshield, starting at the bottom edge where the windslot is. Sit on your bike, hold a level line from your upper lip to the yardstick. What ever measurement the line hits on the yardstick is the perfect height. Using this method, the 14" was perfect for me.

7Jurock will make the height to your preferred measurement. For example, if you order a 14 1/2", you get a 14 1/2", but you'll pay for a 15". They are all made to order.

If you're considering purchasing one, I recommend you call and ask for Sonia Torres. She will answer any questions you have. They are a great company to work with.

BTW,when you are ordering, ask her if they give any club discounts or promotions. I did and got an additional 10% off the price!

RMH
08-09-2012, 09:07 AM
Tonyz, thanks again for your information and the suggestion to ask for the club discount.

I have been exchanging emails with Sonia and plan to order a 16" sheild today. I'm going with 16" since the Vic Tall 17" has worked well for me and will be even better with an inch less plus the flip design.

I asked about mounting hardware and was told it does not come with any and I should use the hardware from the OEM shield. My XC came with a Vic Tall shield and it has 4 screws that go through a bar that runs up the outside of the shield. I could re-use the 4 screws, but I'm sure I would need washers and rubber gaskets of some sort.

What do you use to secure the shield to the mount points? Do you have the newer mounting bracket or the older 4 screw set up?

Is there any place, other than a dealer, to get windshield mounting hardware?

Thanks,
Randy

tonyz
08-09-2012, 11:06 AM
I just used the mounting hardware (4 panhead allen screws) that came with my bike. I think they recommend tightning to 35 inch lbs, and don't forget the locktight. At that spec you would think they will fall right out, LOL.

Without some sort of rubber, I'm apprehensive about the metal up against acrylic. It bothers me everytime I hit a chuckhole. Check out this place http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/118/3776/=idj88s
I am looking at part #9307K14 (Push-In Mil. Spec. Grommets). They seem like they should work well.

BTW, Did they give you a discount?

RMH
08-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Just placed my order and yes I got the 10% discount. Thanks again for that!

Unfortunately I only have 3 of the pan head screws as I lost one when I went to Lowes to get a new set of screws when I was testing another windshield and needed longer screws because I was putting nylon spacers under the shield (see my other thread about 19" vs 20" Cee Dragon).

Lowes didn't have the right size pan head screws so I had to get the other kind and put on fender washer on it and a rubber washer under that. May have to do that again with the 7jurock. Or maybe see if I can get another pan head from my dealer.

Cheers,
Randy

Vortex1x
09-07-2012, 04:30 PM
Just spoke to Sonia,
Ordered me a 14 in with Flip option and light gray tint.
Can't wait to get my new shield and hit the road.

Blowndodge
02-28-2013, 10:50 PM

I just received the exact same shield! I'm 6'1" 34" inseem and the top is even with the tip of my nose! I ordered it on the 25th and it came today! 3 days! Sonia rocks and I got the 10% discount! What a quality built product!! Riding this Saturday!! WooHoo!!cheers

GatorJoe
03-01-2013, 05:38 AM
Have the 7J Flip in 13" Light Grey Tint .. Works just as well as the Tall Shield from Victory and at least can see over this one with no buffeting .. Quite Happy with it ..

slickvic
03-02-2013, 09:36 AM
Has anyone compared these shields to one another? Mainly Klockwerks Vs 7jurock? i would be more interested in the quality as they both seem to do the same job. My tinted Klockwerks seems to have a haze (from new) that even plexus cant polish out. The 7jurock looks optically clearer and thicker. My stock shield is thicker than the my Klockwerks. Wondering if the 7jurock flip is the same mm thickness as stock? :crzy:

GatorJoe
03-03-2013, 05:32 AM
Had a Klockwerks and a LRS Shield both on my Ultra, and like the 7J better than either one ..

Blowndodge
03-03-2013, 02:53 PM
I've ridden over 400 miles with the 7Jurock 14 flip tinted shield. I can tell no difference or lack of coverage on my XCT over the very tall 18" stock shield. 75 mph is just as quiet with the 14" flip shield. The XCT should could stock with this! thumb up

Rrpruett
03-03-2013, 07:39 PM
I'm looking to replace my stock shield on my 2012 cross country tour. I hate looking at bugs all day and when it rains, its not good looking through the shield especially at night.

My question is, most of my riding is with my wife and I want to make sure that the air will not hit her when I get a flip shield. I'm 6' with a 31" inseam. I also have a Russell seal so it put you up a little higher then stock.

How should I measure what shield to order. I read somewhere that I can put a yard stick on the stock shield and pick a point at my nose. Do I put the yard stick at the bottom of the stock shield where it starts or on the base of the fairing below the shield?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Blowndodge
03-04-2013, 10:16 AM
I'm looking to replace my stock shield on my 2012 cross country tour. I hate looking at bugs all day and when it rains, its not good looking through the shield especially at night.

My question is, most of my riding is with my wife and I want to make sure that the air will not hit her when I get a flip shield. I'm 6' with a 31" inseam. I also have a Russell seal so it put you up a little higher then stock.

How should I measure what shield to order. I read somewhere that I can put a yard stick on the stock shield and pick a point at my nose. Do I put the yard stick at the bottom of the stock shield where it starts or on the base of the fairing below the shield?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Rrpruett:

I used the usual measurement that the top of the windshield should be no higher than just under the tip of your nose. Since the shield mounts at a 45 degree angle a 14" shield compared to the stock 18" shield is NOT 4 inches lower. If you remember your math A squared + B squared = C squared. lowering the shield 4 inches (7jurock measures their shield the same way victory, the middle of the cutout on the bottom to the top of the shield) lowers it just less that 3" from your field of view. With me it was perfect. sitting up straight i can see the ground ahead of me 50' away. The shield is never in my horizon viewpoint even when I lean against the backrest and slouch.

I believe the cutout on the bottom allowing the air to race up the inside of the shield helps push any potential back drafting of the flip from hitting you.

If your still unsure, get a level and hold the end against a spot just below the tip of your nose. Raise the other end toward the shield (don't use a 4' level!!) and see where the level line points to on your shield. Measure that point on the shield to the middle of the cutout channel on the bottom. That's the size you want!

Rrpruett
03-04-2013, 08:46 PM
Rrpruett:

I used the usual measurement that the top of the windshield should be no higher than just under the tip of your nose. Since the shield mounts at a 45 degree angle a 14" shield compared to the stock 18" shield is NOT 4 inches lower. If you remember your math A squared + B squared = C squared. lowering the shield 4 inches (7jurock measures their shield the same way victory, the middle of the cutout on the bottom to the top of the shield) lowers it just less that 3" from your field of view. With me it was perfect. sitting up straight i can see the ground ahead of me 50' away. The shield is never in my horizon viewpoint even when I lean against the backrest and slouch.

I believe the cutout on the bottom allowing the air to race up the inside of the shield helps push any potential back drafting of the flip from hitting you.

If your still unsure, get a level and hold the end against a spot just below the tip of your nose. Raise the other end toward the shield (don't use a 4' level!!) and see where the level line points to on your shield. Measure that point on the shield to the middle of the cutout channel on the bottom. That's the size you want!

Thanks. I measured it and it looks like I'm right at 15". I was told to order it an 1" shorter.
I ordered mine tonight, cant wait to get it put on and ride.

Blowndodge
03-07-2013, 09:52 AM
Thanks. I measured it and it looks like I'm right at 15". I was told to order it an 1" shorter.
I ordered mine tonight, cant wait to get it put on and ride.

Updates! Remember we want updates! :)

Daybreak
03-09-2013, 09:47 AM
After doing a lot of looking, I belive I have settled on the 7Jurock flip sheild as well for my '13CCT. With 5 feet of snow on the ground, its gonna be a while yet before I can even turn the first few miles on it, but I already know that looking through the stock sheild aint gonna work. The bugs get so bad here in the summertime that the front of the bike looks like its carpeted after an evening ride. I dont want to be looking through that mess...

My question... I am 6'8" tall, and a 36" inseam. After reading many others comments, I have found nobody taller than 6'2" to hear their opinion. I am thinking a 15-16" sheild with the flip should be perfect? I would like to go as short as possible without running into buffetting issues, as I definatly want to look over the sheild, not through it.

After measuring again and again today, I think 15" (on the stock sheild) would be as high as I would want the top of the new sheild to be. So if ordering the "flip" style, I should go with the 15" version, correct? Also, I guess I never considered anything but clear, but it seems a lot of guys like the light smoke tint instead. Any reason? Just looks better?

Thanks for any help.

Blowndodge
03-09-2013, 11:24 PM
I think the 15" should be the ticket!! Especially since your looking through the 18"er. Tinted just looks better with no reduction in night vision

Rrpruett
03-10-2013, 12:27 AM
Updates! Remember we want updates! :)

http://s1300.beta.photobucket.com/user/Rrpruett/media/22DD0EFF-4690-4A5E-A4E4-65050B47C2ED-1896-0000038096626299_zps8f6ff38b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

http://s1300.beta.photobucket.com/user/Rrpruett/media/22DD0EFF-4690-4A5E-A4E4-65050B47C2ED-1896-0000038096626299_zps8f6ff38b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1
Well I mounted the windshield today. Look good but the one thing I do not like is you can see the mounting place from the front side. On the stock windscreen it's blacked out so you do not see the rails.

Anyway I have not ridden it yet but I put on the new bars and windscreen. Customer service was great and they got the product to me very quickly. I also called them on a Saturday and had a couple questions and she called my right back. Very cool :)
My questions were, should I put double stick tape on the inside like the stock one had on it, and also asked about rubber washers on the outside. I decided not to put the tape since you can see through to the rails and I went without rubber washers. I did torque it to the recommended specifications.

Ill post again after I ride it. The height was perfect at 14" I could see over it great.

Daybreak
03-10-2013, 08:04 AM
Thanks a lot "blowndodge". Appreciate the info thumb up

"Rrpruett", you brought up my final thought on this shield... How do you hide the bracket from being visible from the front? Maybe tape off the area around it and paint the inside of the shield black where it covers the mount?

Rrpruett
03-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Thanks a lot "blowndodge". Appreciate the info thumb up

"Rrpruett", you brought up my final thought on this shield... How do you hide the bracket from being visible from the front? Maybe tape off the area around it and paint the inside of the shield black where it covers the mount?

Ya I was thinking about it, we'll see. I'm thinking that lots of bugs will collect in the u part of the bracket and ill have to look at them. If this is the case ill cover it somehow.

Blowndodge
03-12-2013, 08:54 PM
Here's a pic of my 14" (actually only 2 1/2 inches lower than the 18" due to the angle) on my XCT. It's tinted but you can hardly tell but I like it!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/blowndodge/Mobile%20Uploads/20130228_193823_zps9ad95927.jpg

IanXCT
03-12-2013, 09:11 PM
I'm liking this flip shield, especially for the money. Too bad they don't have it in Dark Smoke. :(

Daybreak
03-25-2013, 05:07 PM
Recieved my 15" flip shield yesterday and I am very happy with the quality and service. Very nice sheild!

Unfortunatly, even after measuring 10 times, and listening to many opinions of guys quite a few inches shorter than me saying they "see over" their 14" sheilds no problem, I ordered the 15". I'm 6'8", and I can just barely see over it, meaning sitting straight up, I can see the road about 75' in front of me. Slouching down a bit I am right at the top edge, or I have to look through it, and I am looking through it right where the flip is distorting the view. I belive the top of the sheild is going to be right in my normal line of sight going down the road, and the whole reason I got this sheild was to see completely over it, otherwise the stocker would have stayed.

Oh well! Lesson learned. Should have listened to the advise of ordering it 1" shorter than you think you need. I am going to try the 14" and just hope the wind is still over my head....and I now have a brand new 15" Flip with light grey tint for sale with 0 miles on it.

Blowndodge
03-25-2013, 05:27 PM
Daybreak it's hard to judge someone else hight. 6'8" I thought you might even get by with a 16" shield. I too was confused so I finally had a buddy hold a 2 foot level even with underneath my nose and and place in on the stock 18" shield. Then with the bubble lined up on the level he placed it at a spot on the 18 shield that allowed me to "see" the ground 50 feet ahead of me. Now when I slouch It does get closer to my field of vison but I still see over it. Measured this way it was 14 inches from the top of the bottom cutout. As long as your sittin up straight you should be fine. Or you could take your shield to a shop and have them lop of the last inch. You'd still have almost all the flip (look at my pic) and should be fine.

BTW is your rear shock without hardly any air? It really does change the height of the shield if you air it up some. I"m running 40lbs.

Daybreak
03-25-2013, 05:54 PM
Blowndodge...

I didnt figure I'd get lucky with the first sheild, and I know its hard to compare different guys with different posture/height. Doing the measurements with the level just below my nose, I came up with 14.5-15" up the stock sheild. I almost ordered the 14 because many told me to go 1" shorter than you measuerd, but I didnt listen...

I just think looking above and below the top edge all the time is going to get old...on the other hand, the bike has 0 miles on it, so I suppose until I ride it, I wont know forsure. I know in my garage I am sitting up nice and straight, but when riding for a while, slouching a bit is common. At $180, its not the end of the world if I have to take a loss and sell it for a shorter one, and trying to find that "perfect" height can be tough(and expensive).

---"BTW is your rear shock without hardly any air? It really does change the height of the shield if you air it up some. I"m running 40lbs"

Never even thought about that... I have never even checked the pressure yet, as it hasnt left the garage since I brought it home in February. I'll definatly have a look. And thanks for the tips and pictures...You definatly sold me on this sheild, and once I get the correct height figured out, its gonna be nice! Love the light tint as well.
I have never even checked the air shock yet

Daybreak
03-25-2013, 06:14 PM
Blowndodge, If you were closer I would buy ya a few rounds...cheers

Shock was dead empty, and of the 20 people Ive talked to on this, nobody ever thought of checking that. I was going to check the shock with the tires before the first ride, but I would have never thought the bike would come up that far. Totally changed my view over the sheild. Got 45lbs. in it now.

Sometimes its the little things ya dont think of... Thanks again, sir!

Blowndodge
03-25-2013, 06:25 PM

Shock was dead empty, and of the 20 people Ive talked to on this, nobody ever thought of checking that. I was going to check the shock with the tires before the first ride, but I would have never thought the bike would come up that far. Totally changed my view over the sheild. Got 45lbs. in it now.

Tell me about it!! Been there done that! I'll hold ya to the beers buddy! cheers.thumb up

agboy
03-25-2013, 06:37 PM

Daybreak, I am 6'8" and 38 inseam. Like you have 0 miles on bike. I knew the short stock shield on the blacked out CC was not going to cut it. I ended up with the Maddstadd brackets and there 13 inch dark shield. From sitting on the bike lift, I think it will be great for being able to look over it as long as I can get the air over my head. I wanted to have the "low" look for cruising around town and be able to change fast to go on the road. I just didn't like the baggersheild look.

Keep it in mind we will have to compare notes. Also It feels like the bars are too close to me, how bout you?

Blowndodge
03-25-2013, 07:08 PM
agboy, just remember your buffeting needs are different that the XCT needs. Our lowers allow us to run many different heights of shields. The Maddstad is great for the CC bikes but they are built that way because they are dealing with air coming underneath the fairning and the tank blowing your helmet around.

Daybreak
03-25-2013, 07:32 PM
Agboy... As stated above, the lowers on the Tour may make a bit of difference as well...

I was actually between the Madstad brackets and the 7Jurock sheild. I like the easy adjustability of the Madstad, but liked the looks of the 7Jurock better, and wanted to keep the stock brackets. We'll see how it ends up working...

As far as the bars...They feel pretty good right now...but I havnt gone down the road. I did raise them up a ways as I dont like them down real low. But overall I feel pretty good on the bike. I also added some highway pegs on the engine guards and I can really stretch out. It was one of the things that drew me to a Vic...I heard short guys saying it was to long/big and the bars were to far forward... Perfect for me! I absolutly loved my Yamaha Raider I just sold for the same reason...all the shorter guys hated it. A long rake and streched out feel was perfect for me. The unbeatable power of that 1900 didnt hurt either... I also have the rider backrest, which I reversed the backrest bracket to angle towards the back of the bike which really lets you sit back nice and far. The way it came, it pushed you closer to the bars.

But with my 2-3 day solo trips being fewer and farther between, and 2-up trips with the wife for 5-7 days or longer being what we like to do, the CCT seems to be the perfect bike. Still good power, still a longer, streched out bike, great styling, all the comforts you'll need, ect...

I'd love to tell ya forsure...but the dam snow wont stop falling... 245 inches on the year and still counting. :mad:

agboy
03-25-2013, 08:13 PM
I put the Kuryakan Black longhorn offset pegs on the round bars on mine and adjusted them all the way forward like I had on my Suzuki C90T, hopped on and I couldn't reach them!! LOL

Just need to get on the road so I stop looking at it and ordering stuff for it!

Blowndodge
03-25-2013, 08:41 PM
I put the Kuryakan Black longhorn offset pegs on the round bars on mine and adjusted them all the way forward like I had on my Suzuki C90T, hopped on and I couldn't reach them!! LOL

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :ltr:

Netnorske
03-25-2013, 08:59 PM

I feel your pain....my Longhorns weren't even close, so I made a couple brackets to attach to the floorboard mounted pegs (removed the pegs, just using the mounting brackets as a base) and made some brake-pedal like pegs that work wonderfully and are perfectly positioned for my short-assed legs.

BTW.....not only have I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express....I too just ordered a tinted 12" flip from 7Jurock.....cheers!

RMH
03-28-2013, 03:49 PM
Oh well! Lesson learned. Should have listened to the advise of ordering it 1" shorter than you think you need. I am going to try the 14" and just hope the wind is still over my head....and I now have a brand new 15" Flip with light grey tint for sale with 0 miles on it.

Daybreak - if you find it is still not what you want after adjusting your shock and putting on some miles, I would be interested in buying the 15" shield from you.

I currently have a 16" flip with grey tint and while it works fine for me, I could also go a bit shorter and since I mounted it with the wrong screws it has developed a crack. Was planning to replace it eventually with a 15" same as you have.

You must have really long legs and short torso... I am 6'2" and can see over the 16" sheild just 3 to 4 car lengths in front of me.

Cheers,
Randy

Edit: Oh wait, just realized you have a newer year CCT and likely the bracket based mounting and I have a 2010 CC with just the 4 hole mounting, so your shield probably won't work for me.

Netnorske
03-31-2013, 09:17 PM
Just received my 12" Flip Windscreen this weekend from 7Jurock and got it mounted up. It was a little bit of a chore to slip the bottom section of it under the fairing to get the bolts to line up. You have to pry it apart enough to get it past that little lip on the inside of the fairing...but I finally got it with a little help from the wife! Rode a good bit today with it on and I think I like it just fine. At 80 mph....the air was still pretty stable around my head, even though I can see the ground about 30' in front of the bike. I was afraid maybe I should have gotten a 13", but the flip part did it's job and it's nice being able to get a good view over the screen.

Blowndodge
03-31-2013, 09:29 PM
Mine fits over the shell not under it!??

Daybreak
03-31-2013, 09:32 PM
Mine fits over the shell not under it!??

Ya beat me to it, but I was gonna say the same thing. I thought just the CC went under the fairing, and the CCT goes above.

Netnorske
03-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Well....here is a photo of the 11" screen the Victory dealership installed for me when I first purchased the bike. I did not like the 18" stock one and they told me to try this one instead and that I could return it if I did not like it. I did not as it was too short and narrow, so I returned it. That said....the bottom of this 11" screen is exactly the same as the bottom of the 7Jurock screen....I mean exactly....so I just assumed it went on the same way as the dealership installed this one.

I looked at it both ways before mounting it and I can tell you the fit did not at all seem natural on the outside of the fairing. I would have had to push on the middle of the screen to get the bolts to line up...bending (stressing it) in the process. By contrast, once I got it under the lip of the faring, the bolts lined up perfectly without any bending of the screen whatsoever. This seemed like a much more natural mounting position....although like an idiot, I used the 10mm hex head bracket bolts to mount it instead of the cool little chrome ones like in this photo....but I'll fix that!

I'm not sure what the manufacturer says about mounting the screen as there was no directions per se in the box, but this seemed like the most natural mounting position to me...especially since the dealership mounted this 11" screen the very same way. I can't see any real reason to change it now. I think the 7Jurock screen is a little thicker than OEM ..so it was tighter getting it under there....but it will go.

Daybreak
04-01-2013, 09:36 AM
After looking at it closer, I see that you have totally different mounting bracket than I do on my '13 CCT. My shield is mounted with (3) bolts per side, not 2 like yours.

Daybreak
04-01-2013, 09:39 AM
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb210/blowndodge/Mobile%20Uploads/20130228_193823_zps9ad95927.jpg

Notice the difference above...

Netnorske
04-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Notice the difference above...

My XCT came with the L-brackets as well...(3 holes per side). Those are removable...leaving the four hole setup you see. Maybe they sent me the wrong shield...one for a XC....not the XCT. I have an email to them now.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App (http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile)

Netnorske
04-01-2013, 08:27 PM
Okay...I talked to Sonia today. Apparently I missed a step in the order process and did not specify Cross-Country TOUR. In layman's terms....I f**ked up....:o.

The screen they sent me was for a CC. That said....it does fit nice...snug at the bottom, but solid as a rock....and without those goofy brackets showing through the windscreen....;). Since I mounted it, they won't allow me to return it....but they have commited to a killer price on a new shield should I need one in the future. The notes are on my account, so the offer will be good indefinitely.

To me...it looks like it belongs and for sure that it how it is mounted on the CC....so I am just going to go with it and ride like the wind. The flip part and height are fine, so I have no issues at this point. I even put the nice little chrome screws back in to hold the shield in place...thumb up!

Rumrcity
04-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Spoke with and ordered a Flip windshield from Sonia today. When she asked what size I wanted, I told her my measurement resulted in a need for a 15" so as per the forums I guess I need a 14". She said "NO" go with the 15", because they are now making the shield to the hieght you require (they are taking the flip into consideration, thus taking out the guess work). Hence, if you need your flip shield to be 15", order the 15" shield. Just passing along an FYI from Sonia, which she asked me to post.
Rumrcity.

Roadrocket
04-02-2013, 03:56 PM
Business is good @ 7Jurock I guess - just ordered the 11" Flip for my XC as well. We also had that discussion about 11" being 11" top-to-bottom w/o following the curve.

Blowndodge
04-05-2013, 01:37 PM
WE NEED PICS!!! wac

Rumrcity
04-11-2013, 11:02 PM
Installed my new 15" flip windshield today. However, before the install, I reached out to a friend of mine who makes multi purpose vinyl stickers, most of his work is for motor vehicles. I decided there was no way I was mounting this new windshield and leaving the interior of the brackets clearly showing. So I removed one bracket from the bike and traced it on a plain piece of paper (only needed one, he inverts the trace after scanning on the computer) and brought this to my friend with the stock windshield. From that we tweeked it a couple of times (took about an hour, which also included multiple practice cuts). The end product was a quality vinyl black on both sides sticker. I taped the stickers (while sticker is still affixed to its backing) to the brackets in a position I eyeballed as best fit, punched 3 holes via mounting holes through each sticker using an ice pick, then proceeded to place on new windshield before mounting on bike. It does not look as good as the stock windshield, but it looks pretty damn good and serves its purpose of hiding the bracket!
I hope the photos come out.

Blowndodge
04-12-2013, 06:01 PM
Rim I think you did a damn good job. Scanning the brackets! that's using the ol' melon!! That gives me ideas!

saddlebag
05-26-2013, 11:50 AM
After seeing Tonz's 7Jurock post and hearing HD Road King owners that were happy with flip windshields I emailed them to see what they can do for Cross Roads. I got an email from them today and was glad to see that not only are their windshields highly rated and inexpensive they do offer a flip option. Their windshieds also come in a variety of heights and widths so if you're interested call the number below and/or visit www.7jurock.com and see what they can do for you.

Dear Brian,

We do offer a FLIP option for the Victory Cross Roads. The FLIP option is an additional $25. That option is not available on our website yet, but you can call us to place to your order over the phone. If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know. You can also contact us at (909) 634-8548. Thank you for your interest in our products. We hope to do business with you soon.

This is great news. I've been dicking around with mine with little success. The buffeting isn't that bad and seems to depend on the direction of the wind, but still it's annoying.

I've carved a big area out around the headlamp, punched a hole in the middle, created a vent louver out of a soap dish to vector the air up the inside of the windscreen, but I still get the buffeting. If I didn't have a bike with a flat flip windscreen that worked so brilliantly, I'd probably just get along with it. It feels like the dirty air comes from the sides of my rounded windscreen.

Today for kicks, I took the windscreen off and took it out. Not too hateful on the backroads, but miserable over 70 mph on the highway. My head was in perfectly clean air but so was my body as I became a kite with my arms acting as the string.

If they can make one with the standard dimensions of the Vic mid height only with a flatter, flipped top like they do for the XCs, I'll become a new customer. Be even happier if they could throw a went in it.

irv
05-26-2013, 08:44 PM
This is great news. I've been dicking around with mine with little success. The buffeting isn't that bad and seems to depend on the direction of the wind, but still it's annoying.

I've carved a big area out around the headlamp, punched a hole in the middle, created a vent louver out of a soap dish to vector the air up the inside of the windscreen, but I still get the buffeting. If I didn't have a bike with a flat flip windscreen that worked so brilliantly, I'd probably just get along with it. It feels like the dirty air comes from the sides of my rounded windscreen.

Today for kicks, I took the windscreen off and took it out. Not too hateful on the backroads, but miserable over 70 mph on the highway. My head was in perfectly clean air but so was my body as I became a kite with my arms acting as the string.

If they can make one with the standard dimensions of the Vic mid height only with a flatter, flipped top like they do for the XCs, I'll become a new customer. Be even happier if they could throw a went in it.

and i was told i couldnt have it. maybe mine was too wide.
i do have credit . my next shield is supposed to be 40-50% off
because they didnt tint it.second time they forgot. easy
enough to live with.

saddlebag
05-26-2013, 09:18 PM
and i was told i couldnt have it. maybe mine was too wide.
i do have credit . my next shield is supposed to be 40-50% off
because they didnt tint it.second time they forgot. easy
enough to live with.

Couldn't have what, the flat top, the flip, or the vent?

irv
05-27-2013, 09:18 AM
the flip on top. ---irv.

saddlebag
05-27-2013, 09:20 AM
the flip on top. ---irv.

Thanks. I'll give them a call and see if they can customize one to my liking. I'll post the outcome. cheers

Azdave
05-27-2013, 11:50 AM
Looking for a flip, tinted for my Vision. Currently have Ness tinted but would like one a little shorter fir around town.

Netnorske
05-28-2013, 08:56 AM
I have for sale a 12.75" 7Jurock Flip Shield in light grey for a XCT. PM me if interested....

irv
05-29-2013, 08:55 AM
Thanks. I'll give them a call and see if they can customize one to my liking. I'll post the outcome. cheers

any news yet?

saddlebag
05-29-2013, 09:06 AM
any news yet?

I decided to email them with my requests. When all was said and done, I had six modification requests and I was afraid either I'd forget something while blabbering or they would either omit or misunderstand something. With that much complexity I thought it better to send them a list of bullet points they could consider individually and without the stress of trying to answer them on the spot during a phone call.

I left them my phone number. I'll give them this week to see if they respond. If they don't, I'll call them next week to see if they've got the email and how much if at all they can tailor one of their screens to my specifications.