Just wanted to share some pics of my vegas 8 ball [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Just wanted to share some pics of my vegas 8 ball

rjmack75
06-12-2012, 02:53 PM
Hope you like it

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-d6WYALO0m6g/T9ecG_upRXI/AAAAAAAAAFo/jgDY4DRzuO4/s640/small2.jpg

rjmack75
06-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Here it is from the other side

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-bbRQT_3dQ6g/T9d18a-1HsI/AAAAAAAAAFc/3eWAPmvDpWk/s640/small.jpg

Taz
06-13-2012, 07:17 AM
Nice bike, enjoy

saintdruss13
06-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Man thats a nice bike, really like those colors.

rjmack75
06-13-2012, 02:18 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Plan to do a lot more to it as budget allows.

Bad V V
06-13-2012, 02:22 PM
Nice ride. thumb up

Adam8ball
06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Looks great!! Are those swept or x-bow pipes? Did they come on the bike when you bought it or did you put them on? How do they sound?

Again, looks awesome!

rjmack75
06-13-2012, 03:39 PM
Adam8ball, thanks. I am very happy with my changes so far. The exhaust is Hacker's Rippers with the quiet option. The quiet option is a 10 dollar option. Basically the pipes are the same as the standard rippers with a small baffle which quiets them down just a little. I felt the regular rippers were a little too loud. They are quite a bit louder than the stock vic pipes. I had the pipes installed about a week ago. Along with the pipes I also isntalled Hackers Anger Management controller and a high flow K&N filter with vented airbox. You can see the vented airbox on the left side of the bike up by the front of the tank.

Side note, Ive seen some folks bash Hacker based on customer service but I have to tell you my experience was awesome. Had the work done by my local vic dealer and they did a really good job. However, my exhaust was backfiring occasionally and the bike felt a little sluggish at times. Ronnie at Hacker worked with me over several days helping me make adjustments and now the bike is running great. I have only good things to say about them.

Over all sound, I love it. I believe if you search youtube for hacker rippers you can find videos that will let you hear em for yourself. Also there is supposed to be a performance gain using this type of system. I havent had it on a dyno so I cant speak to that specifically but I definitely feel like the bike has some more get up and go than before.

rjmack75
06-13-2012, 03:57 PM
Taz,

Love your turn signals. Been looking at doing the same myself. Was it difficult?

Adam8ball
06-13-2012, 11:46 PM
Thanks for the info RJmack! I listened to the rippers on you tube and I liked the sound and look.

Kayne
06-14-2012, 06:56 AM
It's a nice looking bike.

I do like the shape of those pipes. I've been reluctant to change the factory exhaust on mine - we have an enforcement program here called a "noise snare" that is supposed to measure the noise level of a passing vehicle. If you are measured over the limit, you get a ticket in the mail. Since I don't know how these various pipes measure up for noise purposes, I don't bother changing them.

rjmack75
06-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Kayne, thats actually why I paid the extra $10 for the quiet option. The Rippers without that small baffle are very loud and with the quiet option I am still much louder than stock. cant say for sure if they meet the legal standard for noise but I know it helps.