gps sound out of speakers 09 [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: gps sound out of speakers 09

freezeradio
11-30-2009, 09:00 AM
How do you get the sound to come over the system speakers? I have a Garmin nuvi 660 on a ram mount with power conected to the outlet in glove box.My queston is how to get sound of gps over the speakers on bike?

10VVRider
12-28-2009, 12:31 PM
How do you get the sound to come over the system speakers? I have a Garmin nuvi 660 on a ram mount with power conected to the outlet in glove box.My queston is how to get sound of gps over the speakers on bike?

You buy the very expensive Victory / Garmin plug and play wiring harness for your bike or go to the ***.net forum and check out the posts under the general discussion board for Victory Visions. Someone recently posted a mod for 09 Visions to make the original Garmin GPS harness work through the Vision stereo speakers.

freezeradio
12-30-2009, 04:44 PM
I would like something that is (plug&play)sorry to be picky but there has to be a better way .I know the forum is new .Heck, The bikes are new. It has to have a plug that will - go from the GPS to the wire harness ??

10VVRider
12-31-2009, 09:19 AM
I would like something that is (plug&play)sorry to be picky but there has to be a better way .I know the forum is new .Heck, The bikes are new. It has to have a plug that will - go from the GPS to the wire harness ??

I believe (from what I have read on the ***.net forum) that Victory has a couple of different Garmin GPS harnesses available. One that works with a certain Garmin unit that was sold as an option with the 09 Visions, and one that works with the Garmin Zumo 660 Motorcycle GPS that is now sold as an option with the 2010 model year Vision. They do differ from what I understand. I have a Zumo 660 GPS that I kept when I traded in my Royal Star on a 2010 Vision. I have also ordered the harness that my dealer tells me should be plug and play for the 2010 Vision with a Zumo 660 GPS. Unfortunately I don't have the bike yet to prove this. The best advice I can give you is to read all the postings you can find on this forum, the Vision Riders Forum, and the ***.net Forum that relate to GPS installations, then contact your dealer and possibly Garmin as well about possible solutions.

Good Luck.