2009 Vision Quality [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: 2009 Vision Quality

Blatzman
10-28-2008, 02:38 PM
I believe that I traded in the last Harley that I will ever own, really wasn't bad I had a 2006 FLHTC that I bought brand new and put on almost 38,000 miles but now i have an 09 Vision Touring Premium and love it. I do wonder about previous bikes having any quality issues. In the first 2,200 miles ( 3-1/2 ) weeks I had a passenger footrest fall off and one of the nuts that hold my front exhaust pipe fell off along with the rear exhaust nuts coming loose. My windshield also loosened up or was loose from the factory. It has all been repaired and replaced under warranty and the dealership has been very cool with me but I was hoping to not see the dealer unless I needed routine parts etc. Has anyone out there had any "Harley" like events of parts falling off?

Aussie Jack
11-06-2008, 02:34 AM
My 2 previous new bikes had a couple of annoying things happen which is human failure in not tightening every nut, bolt or setting up properly at dealer assembly stage.One kwaka and one suzy. We live in hope or check everything ourselves. How was the bike generally?

Blatzman
11-06-2008, 06:18 PM
Thanks for responding. I have the bike 6weeks today and have around 2700 miles and besides the few annoyances it has been fine. I really do enjoy riding it and as the weather cools down the fuller ferring copared to my Harley bat wing ferrings is a blessing. I guess my main frustration in the beginning is the fact that I owned the bike 8 days when I took it in for the 600 mile service and paid for the service and then within days I began to have parts loosen up. I also ordered an owners manual that will show specs etc. but it hasn't arrived yet. I don't want to assume that there are similarities between my previous late model Harley's and my first ever Victory. In short I would say it is a hell of a bike and a great value since I bought the premium tour model it is loaded and a very smooth running bike. How about you, have you had a Victory?

Aussie Jack
11-09-2008, 01:55 AM
Victory is new to Australia. First I heard of them was when I was on a plane trip back from Sydney and I got talking to a couple of Harley guys who were heading to Melbourne to check out the newly opened dealer. There is only 2 dealers, the other by coincidence is wher one of my sisters live in Mackay Queensland. Where I get my current bike serviced is accroos the road from the Melbourne Victory dealer. I live about 65 miles away. Be there in about 2 weeks time.

Cometman
11-19-2009, 02:52 PM
I had the passenger foot pad fall off too- repaired under warranty. No other issues- 13000 miles since march 09.

diamondrmp
11-19-2009, 03:28 PM
Did you buy the bike new? If so those issues are more or less on the dealer. When the bike is uncrated that is part of the setup. When you go back in for your 500 mile check up tightening bolts etc is part of that service.

Blatzman
11-19-2009, 07:13 PM
I am coming up soon to 17,000 miles and have had a few issues with finishes. I had the clear finish come off of the clutch inspection cover and the chrome peel from some of the plastic covers but the dealer took care of everything. I also have a new trunk lid at the dealer due to a paint bubble and a windshield that lost some silk screening at the bottom and all have been covered 100% so I can't complain. As for the mechanical quality I have not had one issue. I change my oil and filter regularly and that is all it needs. I did remove the rear wheel at 13,500 miles due to a nail in the tire and that job was so much easier than an Electraglide rear wheel change that I was done on my 1st beer. I did also put in a new set of spark plugs at 15k and never looked at them prior to that. I am confident I could hop on it and ride cross country at any minute as long as I had gas money and a fresh oil change. For the winter I am pondering having the wheels powder coated since the polished aluminum never had a clear coat. I did get a price of $80.00 per rim and that seems reasonable, I'll pull them off and replace the bearings and break pads and put it back on the road in the spring.
Blatzman

firetruck41
01-23-2011, 10:54 PM
according to the owners manuel, besides oil changes, all the bike needs is checking nuts and other stuff. why dealers want soo much for service?

Aussie Jack
01-25-2011, 02:44 AM
I have had a couple of big trips and so far on the second trip I lost one nut which holds the windscreen which the dealer replaced free. In two days I am joining 60 other victory bikes in a ride from the Melbourne dealers to the grand opening of the Sydney dealership. Should be a great ride and test of victory quality.