Bought a Real bike,,,HARLEY_DAVIDSON [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Bought a Real bike,,,HARLEY_DAVIDSON

freezeradio
01-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Sold my vision last week and bought a HARDLEY-DANDEROUS.

ronfox
01-08-2010, 12:06 PM
Sold my vision last week and bought a HARLEY_DAVISON.ONLY BECAUSE THIS SITE SUCKS:)

im truley glad you bought what you wanted,:D as for me i didnt buy the vision due to i loved the style of the king pin more,than the look of the vision. but if the cross country was out then i would have bought it. and im still thinking of how i can get a cc , but it will be hard to ride three. as far as this site i think it is very good there are some folks on here such as diamond, & keven as well as outher that enjoy helping people like me that just are not bike machanics, even helping MOTOR MOUTH BITCHES THAT JUST WONT TO CRY LIKE YOU. SO SIGN OFF AND GET GONE!!!! :eek:

sorry folks i had to say it, now if just one more prick on here would leave this site will be even better. :rolleyes:

Sidney
01-08-2010, 03:14 PM
The site is what you make it.

diamondrmp
01-08-2010, 04:19 PM
Glad you're finally happy. You were becoming a pain with all your whinning! :);)

stevie3x
01-08-2010, 04:33 PM
i have news for him, ... having ridden my last harley for 17 yrs, .. the harley bros, don't wan't to listen to his winnie little pus nut ramping any more than we do.

steve

BikerKapa
01-08-2010, 09:31 PM
Sold my vision last week and bought a HARLEY_DAVISON.ONLY BECAUSE THIS SITE SUCKS:)

Best wishes, and we will watch for you along side of the road to help you out.

FullCircle
01-08-2010, 10:12 PM
If a web site determines what type of bike he rides he'll fit in with the rest of the ME TOO riders!

Chattanooga Mark
01-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Everyone makes an impact Mr. radio, some by entering....others by leaving. All the best to you and your Harley.

Mark

kevinx
01-09-2010, 08:53 AM
They are going to love you on the VTwin Forums. Have fun

NOEMTZ
01-09-2010, 04:08 PM
See Ya! Wouldn't wanna be Ya!

diamondrmp
01-09-2010, 05:37 PM
I re-read this guys post and he got rid of a bike because a web site sucked? WTF? Sounds like he has more than just web site issues?

This guy must have money to burn. He posted pics of his Vision in December 09 and stated he had 38 miles on it. He sold it LESS than a month later. No time to enjoy the depreciation of the bike.

NOEMTZ
01-09-2010, 07:44 PM
I re-read this guys post and he got rid of a bike because a web site sucked? WTF? Sounds like he has more than just web site issues?

This guy must have money to burn. He posted pics of his Vision in December 09 and stated he had 38 miles on it. He sold it LESS than a month later. No time to enjoy the depreciation of the bike.
Yep!...Nucking Futs.......:D
He prolly got an earfull from his Hardley buddies and caved in.:p

Robert4
01-09-2010, 11:35 PM
If i pick up your parts I will sell them back to you at what i feel is a good price for a pain in the butt.:rolleyes:

01-10-2010, 09:54 AM
Do you ever let your crying towel dry out?

hightec
01-10-2010, 09:55 AM
What are Victory's fake! See ya glad I didn't know ya

TheX1049
01-10-2010, 12:05 PM
1st time on here. Mr. Freezeradio. I am in the radio business. Doesn't sound like you made a lot of freinds here. I have both Harleys and a Victory. They both have strenghs.
Good luck with your new bike. Are you in the radio business?

Anyone out there get the Lloyds upgrade to your Victory. I looking to do so and would like comments. In dealing witht them so for they seam real nice to deal with.

ralnic
01-10-2010, 01:53 PM
with no offense to harley riders, there are those who ride harleys by choice and like to ride, and yet others who buy a harley to be cool, and are snobbish to other riders. I love to ride and love my victory which is my preference. No matter what you ride its the same wind.:)

ronfox
01-10-2010, 02:00 PM
with no offense to harley riders, there are those who ride harleys by choice and like to ride, and yet others who buy a harley to be cool, and are snobbish to other riders. I love to ride and love my victory which is my preference. No matter what you ride its the same wind.:)

GOOD POST ONLY IF ALL WOULD LOOK AT RIDEING LIKE THIS.

RobDog
01-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I have learned one thing in my 40 years of riding motorcycles with Harley, Victory, Kawasaki, Honda, and most every other type of motorcycle rider. The bike doesn't make your personality. If you are an ass, you will be an ass on whichever type of bike you ride.

There is good and bad points with all bikes, just as there are with people. Riders who believe they are superior to others, usually are not and they know it. They lash out against others because their own self esteem is in question. The best thing to do with "toxic" people is ignore them. They just want to be acknowledged for their own self-importance.

Do not judge riders by their chosen brand of bike. Do not let others rent space in your head and influence your decision to buy a certain type of bike. Life is short, buy what you want, enjoy the day, and never be bothered by those who attack others or don't wave at you going down the road. They are not my problem or your problem. They are their own problem. Take care and be safe.

ralnic
01-10-2010, 02:20 PM
well said Rob Dog I hope everyone hears the message

diamondrmp
01-10-2010, 08:15 PM
1st time on here. Mr. Freezeradio. I am in the radio business. Doesn't sound like you made a lot of freinds here. I have both Harleys and a Victory. They both have strenghs.

Anyone out there get the Lloyds upgrade to your Victory. I looking to do so and would like comments. In dealing witht them so for they seam real nice to deal with.

You can't go wrong with Lloydz products and his great customer service!!!

OldFart
01-11-2010, 12:51 AM
Ha Mr freaking nutsack without the nuts, go play on the other sites and let those that enjoy this site not have to put up with the whining. The Vision too much cycle for him?

ruttrow
01-15-2010, 04:56 PM
The window? First time I have ever heard that one.

bdbecker
01-18-2010, 12:36 PM
I'll be sure to wave at you when I ride by the HD dealership on my Victory and see you and all your Harley buddies standing around in full leathers on a 90 degree summer day talking about your new, $38 official HD valve stem caps...

vkray
01-21-2010, 10:36 AM
He He good stuff love it!:eek:

Blatzman
01-21-2010, 08:16 PM
It's Davidson not Davison. I hope that they spell it wrong on your tattoo that you will need to have since you won't be seen on any bike too often but will want people to think you're always in the wind. Enjoy showing pictures of your low horse power sled at the tavern I will be the guy zipping past on my 09 with 18,000 miles on the meter and many more to go. Say hi to the girls

ronfox
01-22-2010, 08:17 AM
speeking of tatoos my next one is going on my right wrist of the tank emblem victory decal. i like ink.. :cool: (hope i spelled it right)

Bungln
01-22-2010, 01:57 PM
dude has some serious issues.

h7wae14t
01-22-2010, 07:46 PM
some just have to be followers and some like us like to be the leader. personally i stayed away from HD because I don't want to be like everyone else....my kingpin is so much smoother lookin' than any HD.

ralnic
01-22-2010, 10:15 PM
some just have to be followers and some like us like to be the leader. personally i stayed away from HD because I don't want to be like everyone else....my kingpin is so much smoother lookin' than any HD.

AMEN brother!!

dmello
01-31-2010, 07:18 PM
Only kidding but I did sell my 2005 HD Ultra Classic for A CC.

Although I still have a 2006 HD Street Bob. I like both bikes and use them for different types of riding. When I went looking for a new Crusier this year it seemed like Victory gave me the most bang for my $$$$$ along with style. I didn't like the way HD went to the single exhaust on their crusiers. I guess they saved the cost of one pipe. Also they had no innovations for the new year models.
I don't like people who think their bike is the only good bike and the rest of us ride inferior bikes. It's those folks that are inferior to the rest of us. I don't care what anyone rides. I just enjoy being with other riders and friends.

FullCircle
02-01-2010, 11:09 AM
There's at least one model in every brand I like but I ride what ever suits me at the time. I've owned several different brands and there's good and bad in all of them. Some people rather ride a logo than ride something that would actually suit them better. They say they're being loyal to the brand but most of the time they're just trying to fit in!

10VVRider
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Actually Mr. Freezeradio just moved over to the ***.net forum after he wore out his welcome on this one, and his profile pictures still show him on a black Vision. No HD's in sight.

ronfox
02-04-2010, 08:14 AM
Actually Mr. Freezeradio just moved over to the ***.net forum after he wore out his welcome on this one, and his profile pictures still show him on a black Vision. No HD's in sight.

this just goes to show us FREEZRADIO hes a POSSER & A WONT TO BE,something. hope he findes out what some day.

freezeradio
02-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Sold my vision last week and bought a HARDLEY-DANDEROUS.To this day... more have posted on my topic than any other in this forum.I win.:p

ronfox
02-04-2010, 03:28 PM
To this day... more have posted on my topic than any other in this forum.I win.:p

ITS SAD YOU MUST NOT HAVE WON ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE THAT MATTERD MUCH. YOU POOR THING:rolleyes:

freezeradio
02-05-2010, 09:17 AM
NOWWWW TELL HIM WHAT HES WON JHONNY!
AAAAA HEAD MASTER PRICK MERIT BADGE TO GO WITH HIS NEW PINK LACED HD SCARF.AND A PLACK THAT READS HEAD DICK. CONGRATS BUD:D

PS; ITS SAD YOU MUST NOT HAVE WON ANYTHING IN YOUR LIFE THAT MATTERD MUCH. YOU POOR THING:rolleyes:You are perfect.Your computer skills have pased the victory forum test. I win here is my new Hardley- Dangerous http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/freezeradio/bikepics002-2.jpg

freezeradio
02-05-2010, 09:24 AM
It's Davidson not Davison. I hope that they spell it wrong on your tattoo that you will need to have since you won't be seen on any bike too often but will want people to think you're always in the wind. Enjoy showing pictures of your low horse power sled at the tavern I will be the guy zipping past on my 09 with 18,000 miles on the meter and many more to go. Say hi to the girls It's Dangerous Not Davison:eek:

freezeradio
02-05-2010, 09:27 AM
speeking of tatoos my next one is going on my right wrist of the tank emblem victory decal. i like ink.. :cool: (hope i spelled it right) I'm going to get a tatoo of an apple on my right arm Because I am a computer wizz......And my name is Dudley (Wild Hogs):eek:

07ACE
02-05-2010, 10:06 AM
You are perfect.Your computer skills have pased the victory forum test. I win here is my new Hardley- Dangerous http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/freezeradio/bikepics002-2.jpg

nice yamaha

BikerKapa
02-05-2010, 09:01 PM
I'm sorry, but your spelling hasn't PASSED the spelling forum.
It is a nice bike.
I just couldn't resist.
It is almost as bad as mime.

freezeradio
02-06-2010, 04:43 AM
nice yamaha Yamaha? I thought it was a Dale Earnhardt:D

freezeradio
02-06-2010, 05:37 AM
I have learned one thing in my 40 years of riding motorcycles with Harley, Victory, Kawasaki, Honda, and most every other type of motorcycle rider. The bike doesn't make your personality. If you are an ass, you will be an ass on whichever type of bike you ride.

There is good and bad points with all bikes, just as there are with people. Riders who believe they are superior to others, usually are not and they know it. They lash out against others because their own self esteem is in question. The best thing to do with "toxic" people is ignore them. They just want to be acknowledged for their own self-importance.

Do not judge riders by their chosen brand of bike. Do not let others rent space in your head and influence your decision to buy a certain type of bike. Life is short, buy what you want, enjoy the day, and never be bothered by those who attack others or don't wave at you going down the road. They are not my problem or your problem. They are their own problem. Take care and be safe. There is only one judge .I am not this being .but robgod gets it.It is not what you ride ,It is THAT you ride.I was drunk one night and made some bad remarks. Life goes on. :D

freezeradio
03-05-2010, 09:41 AM
nice yamahat is a Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT,07'

07ACE
03-05-2010, 10:14 AM
t is a Kawasaki Vulcan 900LT,07'

my bad all the jap bikes look the same

diamondrmp
03-05-2010, 10:16 AM
Was the comment Harley-Dangerous saying that he was trying to pass the bike off as a Harley (basically thinking we are as ignorant as he) or (I'll give him a way out) saying that the bike is dangerous to Harleys?

07ACE
03-05-2010, 10:44 AM
Was the comment Harley-Dangerous saying that he was trying to pass the bike off as a Harley (basically thinking we are as ignorant as he) or (I'll give him a way out) saying that the bike is dangerous to Harleys?

who knows whats goin through this dudes head

Wraithwrider
03-05-2010, 11:36 AM
I was drunk one night and made some bad remarks. Life goes on. :D

I think that says it all guys. Nice looking Hardly Ableson btw - really :)

I've been an arse when I've been drunk too ;)

It was a Road King guy that I met touring in Spain that got me into this whole cruiser thing anyway.

Pedro

10VVRider
03-05-2010, 11:59 AM
I think the original thread that started this Sh**feast started on New years day or earlier. All I would like to know as, a Vision rider, is why someone would buy a Vision, proudly display photos of it, then turn against it so quickly and buy a Hardley, harley, yama, kawi whatever.

Did you not like the bike? If so, what were the problems you had with it, other than the GPS or i-Pod connection that you were originally inquiring about before the night you had too many beers.

I think it's obvious that you regret some of the previous comments you made while under the influence but let's stop stabbing each other in the heart and get back to your concerns about the bike that most of us seem to love to ride.cheers

NOEMTZ
03-05-2010, 12:22 PM
You know....all the times I have been drinking heavily, getting on my computer is not on my list of things to do. Seems to me like it would be a great waste of a buzz. Just My .02

diamondrmp
03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
I am a moderator but he hasn't violated anything warranting banning.

freezeradio
03-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I am a moderator but he hasn't violated anything warranting banning.I win,I know the rules It looks like your Motorcycle Gang will follow anything your every move. sounds like a Hardley gang Not a Victory rider club.wac

freezeradio
03-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Here is my dealership. call up ,And ask for the owner. Tell him an internet forum member is lieing about bikes and dosent spell correctly .And tell him that I cant spend my money there lol .Man you guys are right out of a comic book !!!:ltr:thumb upwac http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/freezeradio/page.jpg

Peterh
03-06-2010, 10:41 AM
You are perfect.Your computer skills have pased the victory forum test. I win here is my new Hardley- Dangerous http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/freezeradio/bikepics002-2.jpg

Sorry to tell you this, but someone saw you coming. That's a Kawasaki Vulcan 900 LT. However it still is a nice ride.

freezeradio
03-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Yes It was a nice ride.But it was under powered for the tpe of rideing i do.So I sold it and went down to randy's Cycle in Morengo Il. and bought a Victory vision. Now I am good to go....On the 500+ ridesthumb up

Wraithwrider
03-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Being drunk was a reasonable excuse but it seems that you really are no better sober matey :rolleyes:

Troll alert!

diamondrmp
03-06-2010, 11:33 AM
Ok folks this thread has gone off topic and I unfortunately contributed to that.

Lets all please get back on topic which is that Freezeradio sold his Vision for a Harley.

No more baiting etc. please

freezeradio
03-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Ok folks this thread has gone off topic and I unfortunately contributed to that.

Lets all please get back on topic which is that Freezeradio sold his Vision for a Harley.

No more baiting etc. pleaseAnd I am a lier.I will lie and ride a Kawavicdavidha. So as now I am back on track of what bike I wish I owned .I will have to ride sometime soon as it is going to be obove 40 out .:D

diamondrmp
03-06-2010, 10:56 PM
Freezeradio check your PM's please.

freezeradio
03-08-2010, 05:17 PM
Freezeradio check your PM's please. Ok are the forum police after my right to the 1st amendment? Ok I will stop.I will not Misuse my right any more.thumb up http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/freezeradio/copsandbikeandcast003.jpg

diamondrmp
03-08-2010, 05:42 PM
It has nothing to do with your 1st amendment rightsof free speech. If someone were to come here using racial slurs they could argue that as their rights BUT we have TOS rules.

If you feel that the TOS encroach on your 1st Amendment rights then you are more than welcome to cancel your membership.

freezeradio
03-08-2010, 06:36 PM
It has nothing to do with your 1st amendment rightsof free speech. If someone were to come here using racial slurs they could argue that as their rights BUT we have TOS rules.

If you feel that the TOS encroach on your 1st Amendment rights then you are more than welcome to cancel your membership. thumb up
http://i143.photobucket.com/albums/r145/freezeradio/pakistan6testa.jpg Really I like to post my comments here

gary mcclanahan
04-17-2010, 04:08 PM
Harley Dangerous---GET REAL...You meant HARLEY RUNNING!:crzy:

10VVRider
04-17-2010, 04:22 PM
FreezerRadio is now posting on the ***.Net. He recently posted that he is selling his Vision due to health issues, which means his posts on this thread were just a load of ####. If his postings on the *** are true this time, I wish him all the best in finding treatment for his problems, as I wouldn't wish bad health on anyone. The truth of the matter is that he still owns his Vision, so don't buy into this thread.

Victory is mine
04-17-2010, 05:31 PM
I'v been riding for25 years never owed a Harley and never will,have riden lots the newest 2008 Ultra what a junk bucket ,its funny all my buds that ride Harleys want to ride my bike Its a 2006 Yamaha Roadstar...wait till i pull up on my 2010 Cross Country ,they think i got 2010 street Glide>>> LOL

street rider
04-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I'm happy you bought a harley it's just like a cadillac it stays in the shop and it not the better bike but you'll find that out after your broke

white_bear
04-25-2010, 03:18 PM
I only came to this site to hear about Victory MCs. I do not own one...yet. I ride something else. In my various searches, some HD folks have said that the Victory engine was better than a similar HD. So I went to look. Others are fanatical about Nomads. I look at those also. I have been given good/bad opinions about the new 1700 Nomad. also, so far, maybe because it is new, not many results or opinions on the V-XR.

My local dealer suxs (I mean Victory), so I hafta find info elsewhere - like here for example. My current ride averages 55 mpgs, so this is important to me. I ain't made out of gas station parts. Power is OK, but then so is $. I only get to ride 4-5 months a year.

All that being said, I'd never bash a HD guy or a Yamaha or whatever. Some mfrs do not have the FI thing yet, and some just plain lie about what their bike will perform like. One mfr publishes 54 mpg and I have yet to find an owner that even gets near 50s. Mostly I listen to owners (of various brands) and go look at the products. In a free marketplace, the product will do the talking (and maybe the $ as well).

I am thinking I'd like a V- XRoads, but we will see. Maybe I can't afford one now until I find a "used" one. OK by me. I am patient.

I think a Victory forum should enlighten about Victory motorcycles. Perhaps this is a narrow view, but I can find other sites for other machines. Sounds simple, no?

eta moya dva rubles
menya zavoot wb

gary mcclanahan
04-25-2010, 06:24 PM
The way I look at it, drive both of them. Youll will find the vic to be more balanced, FASTER. and more money for the buck. I looked at the v-rod, bought a Hammer and love it. Good luck.:)

schumacher
05-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Sold my HARDLEY-DANDEROUS yesterday and bought a Victory

couldn't resist adding that to this thread :ltr:

itzzeal
05-17-2010, 11:24 AM
see him in a year or so after the hog breaks down...

freezeradio
05-17-2010, 11:40 AM
see him in a year or so after the hog breaks down...
I love the fact that a Harley Is an American Icon.I also love the fact that my post is still alive and kicking in all your hearts. Thank you for reading my SUPERPOST. And keep up the replies.You are the voice of Victory.Good Work...!!!wac

diamondrmp
05-17-2010, 02:14 PM
Thats why I didn't close the thread!!! thumb up

jazzdogg
05-17-2010, 08:01 PM
LOL, . It has achieved a life of its own!!

waltg
05-18-2010, 03:14 AM
I only came to this site to hear about Victory MCs. I do not own one...yet."
I rode my first Victory last month at a 'demo day'....yesterday, I flew down to Portland, Oregon....bought a used '06 Kingpin, and rode it up to the border. (have to wait 72 hrs to export)

So far...I LOVE it....except that it occasionally....at speeds from 60-75 mph.....starts to 'wobble' side to side...scary...wondering if anyone else has had this happen to them. could be something as simple as mismatched tires....'off' pressure....or the steering head bearings.

Quote:"My local dealer suxs (I mean Victory), so I hafta find info elsewhere - like here for example. My current ride averages 55 mpgs, so this is important to me. I ain't made out of gas station parts."
Too early to tell for me...but the one full tank I had between Portland and Blain, Wa.....I got just over 60 mpg (canadian gallon)....might be an anomaly....I was riding 70-75 mph most of the way...just loafing in 6th gear...but..IF it does this consistently....it's GREAT...cause my Suzuki C-50 Boulevard (805 cc) gets from the mid-50's up to a high of 62 mpg (Imperial gallon)....so...IF I can get essentially the same...with twice the size motor...I'm in heaven!

Quote:"All that being said, I'd never bash a HD guy or a Yamaha or whatever. Some mfrs do not have the FI thing yet, and some just plain lie about what their bike will perform like."
Precisely. Lots of 'Harley' guys...won't even wave to someone on a 'lesser' bike....sheer ignorance. I LOVED my Suzuki...and if it had a larger motor...I'd have kept it....but....my 'bucket list' had 'Harley' on it....and I'm gradually crossing items off that 'list'....and..a Victory is a reasonable 'substitute' for a Harley....at thousands less. My best friend rode a Harley for years..sold it a couple years ago....is yearning for another....yet was never to 'proud' to ride with a 'mere Suzuki'!!!!

I'd appreciate it if anyone can help me with this 'wobble' thing....it's downright unsettling at highway speeds.

diamondrmp
05-18-2010, 10:12 AM
This is a technical question. I can't move this thread to the tech forum but I will give you the typical culprits. I suggest you post this sam question in the tech forums.

Wheel and neck bearings, tire pressure, wheel balance, worn tires.

bL33d
05-27-2010, 05:31 AM
I just sold my. HD softail and bought a Vegas so far glad I did runs smooth don't vibrate bolts off and I can actually see out mirrors.

Also neat when I crank it over it just starts and runs... what a concept. :p

I liked my Harley's don't get me wrong but this Vegas rocks and I like being different. .

thy
05-27-2010, 09:33 PM

i put a lloydz VFC on my 04 KP 4years ago, after i changed pipes and upgraded to a K&N air filter and cover. The VFC really helped smooth out my ride in lower gears at speeds from 5to 20. also reduced backfire. It started running a little rough a couple of weeks ago so i tweeked the VFC a TINY bit now it rides great

jharrell
05-31-2010, 01:41 PM
He's just a Harley poser and most life long Harley riders will see right through him.

From my experience most Harley riders fall into two categories. The first are those who genuinely love the brand and have been riding it for years. It's been my experience that most of the bikers in this group are okay.

The second group are the ones who buy a Harley because they think it makes them bad asses and they want to try to fit in with the first group. Like I said.....a poser. Unlike the first group most of these "riders" are usually idiots.

waltg
05-31-2010, 06:44 PM
From my experience most Harley riders fall into two categories.
I think you missed a group.....that's the outlaw motorcycle gang members....the ones who sneer at anyone else who rides a Harley, but who isn't a career criminal like they are. In their view....the only 'real biker' is one who, like they, are on the wrong side of the law. In their view....anyone else is merely a 'rider'....and NOT a 'biker'.
:)

TheX1049
06-07-2010, 10:04 PM
i put a lloydz VFC on my 04 KP 4years ago, after i changed pipes and upgraded to a K&N air filter and cover. The VFC really helped smooth out my ride in lower gears at speeds from 5to 20. also reduced backfire. It started running a little rough a couple of weeks ago so i tweeked the VFC a TINY bit now it rides great
I got the work done. 114 ci, head redone, new brain for FI, different air intake and filter, clutch, 2 into 1 Bassani pipes, cam and nitrous. It's pretty fast and fun to ride.

gary mcclanahan
06-08-2010, 06:28 PM
I got the work done. 114 ci, head redone, new brain for FI, different air intake and filter, clutch, 2 into 1 Bassani pipes, cam and nitrous. It's pretty fast and fun to ride.

Pretty fast, like scary fast?:) Worth the price?

diamondrmp
06-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Gary I've done a couple of Lloydz 110 engines and they are scary fast and bulletproof!! I honestly think they are worth every penny!

One of my buds has the 110 with high compression pistons. We built it almost 3 years ago. He takes it to the drag strip and always rides it like he stole it. Not one single problem aside from the clutch and starter.

He had to get a heavier clutch and he had to rebuild his starter for the bigger pistons and higher compression BUT he also had over 20k on the starter before the build.

juseg
06-11-2010, 03:43 PM

Well, good for you. It's buttheads like you who give us descent people a bad reputation with YOUR whinning. Riding is about freedom, (something you obviously do not know anything about) to buy and ride whatever it is that pleases our riding butts and flavors; that's what makes riding fun. Just like some others have posted here, have a good time riding your HOG and badmouthing every bike that is not a harley.

Enjoy the ride, and wave at us lesser human form riding Victories, Honda, Kawaz, Suzu or whatever makes us happy.:puke:

waltg
06-17-2010, 07:59 PM

What's a 'lloydz VFC'? Is it similar to the Cobra Fi2000R? I believe Cobra makes one for the Victory Kingpin. Which, if either....is better?
Thanks,
Walt:)

TheX1049
06-18-2010, 09:05 PM
Pretty fast, like scary fast?:) Worth the price?
Absolutely time ten! It's pretty darn good for everyday driving but it will get up and go. It's not scary at all. You get used to the torque and HP pretty quick. Just put 200 miles on it today.

freezeradio
07-06-2010, 09:56 PM
Well, good for you. It's buttheads like you who give us descent people a bad reputation with YOUR whinning. Riding is about freedom, (something you obviously do not know anything about) to buy and ride whatever it is that pleases our riding butts and flavors; that's what makes riding fun. Just like some others have posted here, have a good time riding your HOG and badmouthing every bike that is not a harley.

Enjoy the ride, and wave at us lesser human form riding Victories, Honda, Kawaz, Suzu or whatever makes us happy.
:puke:Back by popular demand.....It is Harley Davidson.....thumb up

Bluenoser
07-06-2010, 10:39 PM
To this day... more have posted on my topic than any other in this forum.I win.:p

I see you're up to some funny business over on the ***.net now freezeradio and still displaying your vision etc. Looks like you've gotten lots of sypathy over there. Good luck to you.

diamondrmp
07-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Thats what he thinks. I recently talked to a few Vision owners that are members there and they think he is a troubled little man!!:ltr::ltr:

Bluenoser
07-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Thats what he thinks. I recently talked to a few Vision owners that are members there and they think he is a troubled little man!!:ltr::ltr:

I have read his posts over there and would tend to agree.

fxrs1955
08-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Enjoy your HD. As the owner of several and still own one I can tell you a Vic is head and shoulders better than HD's. I have a 2008 tour premium and I have a friend that just bought a HD ultra limited. He rode my Vic and has his ultra for sale.

Joe Schmoe
08-25-2010, 07:52 AM
Enjoy your HD. As the owner of several and still own one I can tell you a Vic is head and shoulders better than HD's. I have a 2008 tour premium and I have a friend that just bought a HD ultra limited. He rode my Vic and has his ultra for sale.

Now that's some funny $h!T right there :ltr::ltr::ltr:...but typical...The test ride gets'em everytime!!

fxrs1955
08-25-2010, 08:14 AM
Now that's some funny $h!T right there :ltr::ltr::ltr:...but typical...The test ride gets'em everytime!!

Funny thing is I tried to get him to ride mine or go test ride one at one of the local dealers before he bought his HD. "No way a Victory can be a better bike" he says.

I have nothing against Harleys, I still own one and I enjoy riding it on short trips but for 2 up or long rides you cant beat a Vic.

freezeradio
08-25-2010, 01:15 PM
I see you're up to some funny business over on the ***.net now freezeradio and still displaying your vision etc. Looks like you've gotten lots of sypathy over there. Good luck to you.
This post will live forever.........................wac

diamondrmp
08-25-2010, 06:48 PM
I could always freeze or send it to the abyss! thumb up:ltr:

Joe Schmoe
08-26-2010, 07:31 AM
I could always freeze or send it to the abyss! thumb up:ltr:

Just DEEP SIX IT!!! cheers

NOEMTZ
08-26-2010, 10:04 AM
FREEZE SUCKA!!!!!!!LOL
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m191/bigmagnaman/COPcoolskull.jpg
!!!!!OR TRASH IT!!!!!

freezeradio
09-07-2010, 05:51 PM
I could always freeze or send it to the abyss! thumb up:ltr: It does not matter what you ride.....It is THAT you ride that counts.Have a nice ridethumb up

freezeradio
09-07-2010, 10:22 PM
Sold my vision last week and bought a HARDLEY-DANDEROUS.I still have my vision. Thought I would come clean .Hope to see you out on the road.:D

BBob
09-07-2010, 11:30 PM
Y'all are funny. I didn't read the entire thread; just enough to see everyone whipping it out saying their's is bigger.

I like 'em both and I'm a newbie to Vic's but not before doing my homework. The early Vic's were quite problematic in various areas. Enough to drive an abololutionist to drink if I heard right. The newer Vic's have a great track record though and that's what I was looking for so here I am with a hot roddin' Jackpot that absolutely love to ride locally.

I also ride an old 99 HD that has a built 95" engine that I trust to be as solid as the one in my Vic.

Here's a little info you may not know about HD's since I mentioned Vic's had problems early on.

The model year 2002 was the last solidly built HD big twin. The reason was they started using some cheap ass Chinese crank bearings instead of the good Timken bearings they had been using. The second strike came with the started press fitting the wheels on the crank allowing up to .0013 of runout. Before this shabby job of loosening this tolorence the runout was only allow up to .003. This was done so HD could run the chain driven cams of which the first one's aren't that great but the second version is very good. The added point is the max runout on the crankshaft for running gear driven cams, so you never have to worry about tensioners or chains, is .003.

As you can see the quality in the lower end went down hill and has only come back marginally because in 2007 the press fit wheels/cranks started slipping and once they slip; that's it. The entire engine has to come apart to fix it and to do it right the wheels and crank needs to be sent to someone like Hoban to fix it permanently.

Of course when they slipped they took out the oil pump and possibly some cams. Hard to say for sure since it's different with every engine. Bottom line is at least a $3k fix.

This brings me to the moral of my story. I had an 07 Softail Night Train which was gonna be one badass ride once I did the engine work. That was until I found out I would need to rebuild the entire engine at a cost of no less than $5k.

Good thing I had been paying attention to the reliablilily of the Vic's in general and had really warmed up to Cross bikes. Alas; my budget wouldn't handle it and since I already had a good solid pre-2003 big twin I figured the deal on the 09 Jackpot was for me since what I really wanted in the first place was a hot rod I could depend on and beat mildly from stop light to stop light occasionally. :)

So anyway; HD started jumping over a dollar to pick up a dime with the cheap bearings they went to. From what I've been hearing lately that also applies to the wheel bearings and trans bearings. You would think a company like HD would know better.

The only thing I can think of is the bean counters are running the show now and they know nothing about building bikes.

I pray Victory doesn't make the same mistake. It's worth paying an extra $20 for new bike with good bearings and a properly set up crank.

Just my humble opinion ...

cervelo
09-08-2010, 01:48 AM
The only thing I can think of is the bean counters are running the show now and they know nothing about building bikes.

Just my humble opinion ...
This typical "Corporate America"-- its the way we americans want it!!!

ks_greg
09-08-2010, 08:22 PM
Hmmm, just traded my Road King in on a new Kingpin 8-ball.
Enough of the extra weight, overpriced parts and service, squeaks & rattles.
Almost bought this bike two years back and ended up going with the Road King. It was fun & enjoyable ride, but pricey compared to other two wheeled options.
Even looked at a FatBoy before pulling the trigger. Prices keep going up, and the product is basically the same aside from color options as it was 3 yrs ago.
If there's one advantage to HD, they do hold better value when it's time to move on. I got a better trade in price from Victory than the HD dealer I originally bought my bike from.
Enjoy & be safe on whatever it may be that you ride.

freezeradio
09-10-2010, 11:18 AM
:puke:Back by popular demand.....It is Harley Davidson.....thumb up po-ta-to...po-ta-to...po-ta-to...I guess my vision is to see Vision in the futurethumb up

Highway Star
09-10-2010, 07:57 PM
po-ta-to...po-ta-to...po-ta-to...I guess my vision is to see Vision in the futurethumb up

I'm going to guess you don't have much in the way of friends do you ?

:rolleyes:

freezeradio
09-14-2010, 11:52 AM
I'm going to guess you don't have much in the way of friends do you ?

:rolleyes: As long as the bike is good enough for someone else,than you should keep it.I myself would like a Sportster so I can have REAL BIKER friends.REAL BIKERS RIDE HARLEY DAVIDSON.........If you ride a Victory, You are only a Motorcycle Rider.....:ltr:

cervelo
09-14-2010, 12:27 PM
I would like to suggest that this post be locked-- I believe it qualifies for that per the forum rules. This is never going to end.:(

diamondrmp
09-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Ok everybody just calm down. Take a chill pill.

There is no reason to lock or delete this thread. It is not in violation of any rules.

Two suggestions;

1) Don't read the thread if you don't like it.

2) This is the biggy. STOP FEEDING THE FIRE!!!! Stop posting in the thread and it will die!!!

Since you all haven't figured it out I will point it out. Freezeradio ONLY responds and posts to this thread and ONLY when one of you posts in it and brings it back to the top!!!!

freezeradio
09-15-2010, 01:53 PM
As long as the bike is good enough for someone else,than you should keep it.I myself would like a Sportster so I can have REAL BIKER friends.REAL BIKERS RIDE HARLEY DAVIDSON.........If you ride a Victory, You are only a Motorcycle Rider.....:ltr:.I would rather be a rider than a biker.wac

Paul M
09-20-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about your lapse of sanity....did you get hit in the head or just fall out a window....? LOL (sorry couldn't help myself).......Paul

sixshooter_45
11-09-2012, 01:44 AM
As long as the bike is good enough for someone else,than you should keep it.I myself would like a Sportster so I can have REAL BIKER friends.REAL BIKERS RIDE HARLEY DAVIDSON.........If you ride a Victory, You are only a Motorcycle Rider.....:ltr:

I found your baby picture, seems like your still fantasizing.

http://webpages.charter.net/ghost_45/Gifs/baby.gif

Sorry diamondrmp, just had to do it! LOL!

CrossRoads
11-09-2012, 12:43 PM
This thread is old, stale and shows signs of mold. Thread closed.