Springer front end [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Springer front end

guitarman
03-28-2010, 02:30 PM
I'm thinking about putting a springer front end on my bike(03 cruiser). I was wondering it simply bolts on and replaces the front forks or if there's more involved, like if I have to change the calipers and rotors or anything else. It anyone has done it, I'd really appreciate some advice and opinions on if it changed the handling of the bike at all. Thanks.

diamondrmp
03-29-2010, 12:23 AM
I have not seen anyone that makes a springer front end for an 03 or any of the older style bikes. If you are thinking of using an HD brand or aftermarket for HD it won't work.

guitarman
03-29-2010, 06:39 PM
Well I thought that might be the case but I was wondering if I had to modify it, how hard would it be? I really like the look of those and I don't mind spending the time working on it to get it to fit.

diamondrmp
03-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Aside from getting a springer front end made. Cutting off the stock neck and replacing it with a HD neck would be next.

kevinx
03-29-2010, 09:51 PM
Aside from getting a springer front end made. Cutting off the stock neck and replacing it with a HD neck would be next.

WHOA there big guy.....Put the sawzall down!!!!!

The early HD front ends[pre 84] are VERY close to the stock C forks. About all you really need is a set of bearings with the HD inner dimension, and a Vic outer. Along with a spacer for the top tree. Then you would need to use some aftermarket HD brakes

guitarman
03-31-2010, 05:10 PM
WHOA there big guy.....Put the sawzall down!!!!!

The early HD front ends[pre 84] are VERY close to the stock C forks. About all you really need is a set of bearings with the HD inner dimension, and a Vic outer. Along with a spacer for the top tree. Then you would need to use some aftermarket HD brakes

Thanks for the reply Kevinx. It's great having a direct line to a victory tech. Anyway, that doesn't sound too hard and I don't mind spending the down time getting it to work. I'm really trying to get a specific look for my bike and the springer would definately help.

VegasRider
04-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Let us know how it turns out and what ya had to do to get there.

guitarman
04-05-2010, 05:30 PM
Let us know how it turns out and what ya had to do to get there.

For sure. I'm in the middle of painting it right now, but the front end is next on my list.