New to forum with a question [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: New to forum with a question

akadave
05-10-2010, 10:16 PM
Hi all!

Im new to the forum. I have a 2007 8-ball. I havent ridden it much since It bought it but Im starting too. It only has a little over 2,000 miles. Ive had the 500 mile checkup and changed the oil a couple of times since then. Other than that no other maintenance. I have the Stage 1 kit on it as well.

Today after riding it home from work I was checking things out and I noticed some of the black paint/coating at the base of one of the cylinders looks like it has small bubbles on it. I cant imagine the bike has ever overheated in the Alaskan weather since it doesnt even break 70 F very often. I do ride hard sometimes. I like to accelerate fast but I dont abuse the bike. What could be causing the bubbling and is it something I should be concerned with? I know it will look like hell if the black coating starts to come off the cylinder. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

MSchneid
05-11-2010, 07:49 AM
Pics please.

akadave
05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
I will get some pics as soon as I can get it out in the sunlight...once it stops raining.

diamondrmp
05-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Unfortunately that happens on some bikes. Its not common but it does happen. If you are still under warranty take it back to your dealer.

Since this is a technical question I am moving this thread to the Tech section.