Clanking noise/any ideas? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Clanking noise/any ideas?

cgn9tom
06-16-2010, 08:41 PM
For starters, I have a 2004 V92TC, Stage 1 exhaust, Ventilated intake cover w/ K&N Filter, and Lloydz Fuel Controller (II). Bike runs great, never a problem, just over 37 K miles.

This evening went for a quick spin, bike is running great, but there is an intermittent noise, from where is hard to tell, but it sounds like the engine. Noise sounds somewhat like a heat expansion popping, only really loud. Engine never misses and tranny shifts and runs smooth. The noise is not consistent, and comes under steady load, but not necessarily under acceleration. I nursed it back home, but no matter how easy I took it, the noise was still there. I could use some really good suggestions ASAP, as I am planning on going to Sturgis for the pre-rally. Any and all assistance is greatly appreciated. BTW, my Victory Dealer is in Katy, TX, Polaris West. Thanks.

cgn9tom
06-22-2010, 09:42 PM
OK, even though there were no replies to this, it turns out it was a combination of bad rear wheel bearings and the belt riding up the side of the rear sprocket and then popping back into place.