Cee bailey's windshields [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Cee bailey's windshields

NHXC
06-22-2010, 03:21 PM
Just ordered a 13" Cee Bailey windshield for my Cross Country. If you have one, what are your opinions?

wesdalton
06-23-2010, 11:16 PM
Just ordered a 13" Cee Bailey windshield for my Cross Country. If you have one, what are your opinions?

I have a 13" and just installed the 15". I think I will use the 13" most of the time and install the 15" for winter, and when I go on long ride 500 miles or more. The 15" does give more wind protection and less buffeting, but I like a little more air like the 13" gives. It take all of 5 minutes to change them so no big deal

NHXC
06-24-2010, 07:19 AM
I just installed the 13" Cee Baileys on my Cross Country. It does look great, just like the stock shield just 4" taller. I am 5'10" and can see over it fine. Haven't ridden with it yet.

Serpico
07-02-2010, 12:59 PM
I have the 11 inch dark gray winshield from them and it works great for me, but I'm only 5'8". I also bought the taller winshield from Victory and it is perfrect for my wife when she rides along.

vagabobond
08-04-2011, 10:22 PM
I just installed the 13" Cee Baileys on my Cross Country. It does look great, just like the stock shield just 4" taller. I am 5'10" and can see over it fine. Haven't ridden with it yet.

I assume we are talking about the standard shield and not the flip? I saw a 18" flip on his country, (which is recommended fo 5'10" riders).
I don't think I could get use to the Cee Dragons curves, so I might try the 13" or 15" regular shield.
Sounds like your happy with it...?

Gordstrom
08-05-2011, 12:27 AM
I'm 5'10" (30" inseam) and tried a 11" on a demo bike but found it wasn't much different from the stock for me, it looks good but I'm looking for function.

Decided to go with a 15", I do look through it when slouching but if I sit properly I'll look over it. You still get air but to me it's just a much nicer ride.

I also tried out the soft lowers and in combination with the 15" it pretty much eliminated the buffeting. Now I can cruise at 120 km/hr ( 70 mph) in comfort and hear the radio.

I also got caught in the rain after installing the new shield which kept most of the rain from hitting my face. Just my knees got wet, (had the soft lowers on) but overall the bike gave good rain protection.

Maybe try calling your local Victory dealer and see if they have a demo with a after market shield.