You won't believe what this Victory dealer did to me!!READ THIS [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: You won't believe what this Victory dealer did to me!!READ THIS

drdarren
06-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I cant believe what just happened to me today and I wanted to put this on all the Victory forums as well as file a complaint with Polaris.

I just bought my bike a couple weeks ago from out of state since i could not find what i wanted in state. I took it up this morning to Best Buy Vehicles in Ft. Pierce Florida for its 500 mile service. The owner takes a look at my bike and asks me where i got it from. When i told him it was from Connecticut, he literally through me out of the store. He said " Get out-i wont work on your bike since you did not buy it from me!" It blew me away. I was actually in his store a month earlier to buy the vision but he was almost $3000 more than the bike i bought and had a finance rate of 3% higher than i got. He didnt even want to hear that. I thought i was lying to him. On top of that i was planning on installing additional items on the bike. I said that even though i didnt buy it, i was still bringing him service business. He was very unprofessional, among other things, but i will keep this clean. I just wanted to share this with you and warn any one from dealing with him. There is another dealer on the west coast that was shocked with what i told them and they are happy to provide service to me.

Bungln
06-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I cant believe what just happened to me today and I wanted to put this on all the Victory forums as well as file a complaint with Polaris.

I just bought my bike a couple weeks ago from out of state since i could not find what i wanted in state. I took it up this morning to Best Buy Vehicles in Ft. Pierce Florida for its 500 mile service. The owner takes a look at my bike and asks me where i got it from. When i told him it was from Connecticut, he literally through me out of the store. He said " Get out-i wont work on your bike since you did not buy it from me!" It blew me away. I was actually in his store a month earlier to buy the vision but he was almost $3000 more than the bike i bought and had a finance rate of 3% higher than i got. He didnt even want to hear that. I thought i was lying to him. On top of that i was planning on installing additional items on the bike. I said that even though i didnt buy it, i was still bringing him service business. He was very unprofessional, among other things, but i will keep this clean. I just wanted to share this with you and warn any one from dealing with him. There is another dealer on the west coast that was shocked with what i told them and they are happy to provide service to me.

that's a shame man, but dealers are like people, some are cool, some are like assholes. ride safe.

CTKingpin
06-22-2010, 05:34 PM
He'll keep pissing away money and pissing off customers until he goes out of business. Which dealer in CT did you go to? I've dealt with 2 and had good experiences with Both!

poehammer
06-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Wow that is some $hit!! Sorry to hear about your experence. I think that Kevinx works for some dealer in FL you should talk to him.

Chris

NOEMTZ
06-22-2010, 09:27 PM

WOW!...DeJavoo..(sp)?
That is the exact same thing that happened to me when I bought my Vic back in '07. It is a shame that some Victory Dealers take your looking to save a few dollars personal. Then to make matters worse...they turn away any chances of you spending 1-2K at their store for upgrades and accessories. Dang shame.....:cool:

diamondrmp
06-22-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't know how far away from Alachua you are BUT it is worth the trip to have KevinX work on your bike.

Kevinx
Polaris of Gainesville
12556 NW US Hwy441
Alachua Fl 32615
386-418-4244

drdarren
06-23-2010, 06:46 PM
I don't know how far away from Alachua you are BUT it is worth the trip to have KevinX work on your bike.

Kevinx
Polaris of Gainesville
12556 NW US Hwy441
Alachua Fl 32615
386-418-4244

Thanks. I have been in email contact with him but he is about 6 hours away. I have another dealer about 2 hours away but I may have Kevinx do my cams.

diamondrmp
06-23-2010, 06:50 PM
I would recommend having Kevin do them. The drive is worth it for peace of mind!!

Robert4
06-27-2010, 04:13 PM
Hmmmmm, Have had the same thing happen in Okla. when I bought my 09' Vision. I wrote a letter to Polaris as well, I however did not get a letter back in the mail but a phone call from Monty in the Victory division, we talked about 30-45 minutes on the phone and the local rep. did show up for a face to face visit with the dealer especially after being called a SOB by someone in ths shop that did not know the whole story. Since thay have been very gracious to me and very helpful as well with anything I need done or want for my bike. The long talk I had with the owner's son proved to be the best thing I could have ever done. Good luck on you issue.

bwhittaker
07-01-2010, 01:33 PM
same thing happened to me at Best Buy last Dec. They wouldn't return phone calls or email. So finally had to go to St Pete to get my 2010 Prem Vision. When I tried to give him some service work and add several upgrades, he told me in no uncertain words to take my business to the dealer where I bought the bike.