Softer seat on XC than on XR? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Softer seat on XC than on XR?

zork52
07-06-2010, 05:31 PM
Is it my imagination, or does the XR have a firmer feeling seat cushion that the Country?

I have an XR but hope to trade up in the next few days and tempted to swap seats. I've sat and ridden the XC and it seems like the seat on the XC is mushier...........

Is it me?

wesdalton
07-07-2010, 07:37 AM
Is it my imagination, or does the XR have a firmer feeling seat cushion that the Country?

I have an XR but hope to trade up in the next few days and tempted to swap seats. I've sat and ridden the XC and it seems like the seat on the XC is mushier...........

Is it me?

http://parts.polarisind.com/Assemblies.asp
If you go to the above link (vic online parts book). They are the same part number. Therefore no difference

zork52
07-07-2010, 09:19 PM
So it is me.

Whitie
02-16-2012, 04:19 PM
The XC has a much softer & wider seat than the XR, as I have traded w/someone for their XR seat b/c I liked the cleaner lines of the "thinner" seat & he wanted the softer & wider seat off my XC b/c he is a big guy and does alot of 2up riding... BIG difference between the two in looks and feel. thumb up

Whitie
02-16-2012, 04:38 PM
Here are pics of each right off of Vic's website

irv
02-16-2012, 04:57 PM
im hoping i can get my dealer to swap if i get a crossroads.
i have the big guy wide load syndrome and we ride 2 up 99%
of the time. i will hopefully have an11 cr next week unless the
wife thinks i need a cc.its a 12 w/ the wide seat. anyone need
a swap for a narrower one.might have one--irv

Goatlocker95
02-16-2012, 05:04 PM
I have a 2010 XR which has the same seat as the XC. However, in 2011 they changed the seat making it thinner to give more room to open the soft bags. The hard bags open out-wards but the soft bags open in-wards.

It was also discussed in this thread as well http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=3573

Whitie
02-16-2012, 05:06 PM
im hoping i can get my dealer to swap if i get a crossroads.
i have the big guy wide load syndrome and we ride 2 up 99%
of the time. i will hopefully have an11 cr next week unless the
wife thinks i need a cc.its a 12 w/ the wide seat. anyone need
a swap for a narrower one.might have one--irv

I posted on the Cross Riders Forum, got a reply, and in 2 weeks and $60 shipping I got the seat I wanted, and so did the other guy... sure beats the hell outta payin' $500 for a new one! You'll prob have no prob finding one in this forum, it seems to be a LOT busier!
thumb up

CrossRoads
02-16-2012, 05:37 PM
There's some wrong info floating in this thread, so with the hope of not hurting anyone's feelings, I will add the following:

The passenger part of the seat is different (narrower) on the XR (2011 & newer) than the XC. The driver part of the seat is identical on both models. The XR has a narrower passenger seat to allow the soft bags to be opened.

T-man
02-16-2012, 06:07 PM
There's some wrong info floating in this thread, so with the hope of not hurting anyone's feelings, I will add the following:

The passenger part of the seat is different (narrower) on the XR (2011 & newer) than the XC. The driver part of the seat is identical on both models. The XR has a narrower passenger seat to allow the soft bags to be opened.

Nicely stated. I have the 2011 XR which came with the soft bags. I wanted the hard bags and the dealer was willing to swap the bags for the difference (250.00). For the seat swap I was on my own, luckily Whitie and I were able to get what we each wanted for shipping cost only. I find the seats to be exactly as you describe CrossRoads thumb up

Whitie
02-16-2012, 06:20 PM
The passenger portion of the seat is obviously completely different, but the driver's portion is also slightly firmer on the XR seat, and I've ridden them both... thanks to Bic Vic!cheers
As far as my feelings, they've had a pretty thick skin since the ex., so I promise... you can't even make a scratch! :ltr:

ammo_umb
02-16-2012, 06:23 PM
:I agree: with Goatlocker, Whitie, and Crossroads. The drivers portion of the seat is the same.

Note that it may have been a softer rear shock instead of your imagination that made the seat "feel" softer.

irv
02-16-2012, 06:39 PM
whats the cross riders forum. in the real sense im still a vtx
owner.been a honda rider forever. i need to find out all things
victory and thats why im here. grasshopper needs to learn.
whoops i keep forgetting im way over 60 and you guys are
all in your young prime--irv

Whitie
02-16-2012, 06:53 PM
:I agree: with Goatlocker, Whitie, and Crossroads. The drivers portion of the seat is the same.

Note that it may have been a softer rear shock instead of your imagination that made the seat "feel" softer.

Umm..., nope. I bought a new XC with the "poofy" seat & traded it to Big Vic for the leaner XR seat. Therefore, both seats, same shock.
;)

stymie
02-16-2012, 09:41 PM
Personally my seat on my 11 XC is too hard for me, ass gets a little sore after a long ride, the back seat has much more padding. My bony ass doesn't help. Im going to buy some memory foam and gel and re do it. Guy on E-bay sells the kit, around a hundred bucks for front and back. Cover comes off pretty easy by just pulling the staples. Cut out and grind your foam down with a sanding disk on a die angle grinder them fit the foam and gel in the cutout then staple the cover back on. Seen it done and it looks pretty simple to me. Ill post some pics of the process when I get around to doing it

Lance
02-25-2012, 12:21 AM
I did a search on this forum but couldn't find info on a seat air cushion (I thought I'd read some discussion on that)

Anyone have one?? It's like a bubble wrap thing to attach to the seat... supposed to be comfortable.

Took my CrossRoads on a three hour ride and was doing some serious seat squirming after about 1.5 hours...

Also, came home later in the cold and dark and nearly froze to death, but that's another story.

P.S. Our headlight is pretty nice, but I needed to keep it on high beam most of the time going 60+mph. in order to see ahead properly. Oops, that's a whole different discussion too. :crzy:

Lance
02-25-2012, 12:25 AM
There's one called "AirHawk" for $149.
This is their description of it...

(After I posted this I read some reviews, several not good for this product)

AIR-ADJUSTABLE MOTORCYCLE SEAT CUSHIONS ◦ Ride longer...;without discomfort!
◦ Air cells absorb most of the engine and road vibrations that pass through conventional seats
◦ Durable zip-on cover
Free air circulation between you and seat ensures a cooler ride in hot weather. Multiple air cells virtually eliminate pressure points and maintain blood flow to legs and buttocks, helping to prevent pain, fatigue and numbness on long trips. Cushion fits on your motorcycle seat (inflated, it raises you less than 1/2" from seat). The pad and air cells are made of durable neoprene rubber. The zip-on black cover has a breathable nylon/lycra top and a nonskid polyester/vinyl base to help keep the cushion on your seat without straps or snaps. Cover is removable and washable. Flame and water resistant. Weighs approx. 1 lb. Order by cushion size. Driver's seat available in 14"W x 11"L or 14"W x 18"L. Passenger's seat is 9"W x 11"L or 11"W x 14"L.
Patented DRY FLOATATIONŽ technology, developed by the leading manufacturer of cushions for medical use and proven successful in healing and preventing pressure-related problems in long-term patients, distributes your weight evenly over your seat!
Multiple air cells: the secret to a great ride! Unlike conventional air cushions that utilize one big air chamber, this unique pad consists of dozens of separate 1-1/4" pyramid-shaped air cells, which bend and flex to conform better to the contours of any cycle seat...;and to your contour as well. You sit in the AIRHAWK™ motorcycle cushion, not on it! Tiny tubes connect all of the air cells-;pressure in any area is distributed throughout the entire pad for the most comfortable ride! Inflate the entire pad in just seconds! Custom tailor air pressure to your comfort with adjustable valve. Individual air cells maximize your comfort.

MYVIC
02-25-2012, 08:38 AM
Should anyone desire the seat with the wider more cushioned passenger section I will happily trade for the other style. My seat has about 2500 miles on in and has been sitting in a box for a while. I will trade for splitting the cost of shipping.

If someone wants to buy it I will sell it for a fair price.

I use a Corbin Dual Tour for two up.

irv
02-25-2012, 09:08 AM
are you looking to sell or just trade. i would be willing to
either the way . my wife has to tell me for sure
which one she wants. already priced onew/through toledo
or see if my dealer will price match-irv

--im looking at a new leftover cr
looks like a new cc seat is 360 from kate plus another 5% for
forum members

on the subject of pads ,we have used gel pads on top of the seat.
they do help some. i have one from ride easy pads onthe drivers
seat.wife has a large pro pad on the rear.

MYVIC
02-25-2012, 09:23 AM
are you looking to sell or just trade. i would be willing to
either the way . my wife has to tell me for sure
which one she wants. already priced onew/through toledo
or see if my dealer will price match-irv

--im looking at a new leftover cr
looks like a new cc seat is 360 from kate plus another 5% for
forum members

on the subject of pads ,we have used gel pads on top of the seat.
they do help some. i have one from ride easy pads onthe drivers
seat.wife has a large pro pad on the rear.

A trade would be preferred and just split shipping costs.

I am also willing to sell it outright if I can get a fair price.

irv
02-25-2012, 09:32 AM
any idea on an outright price.-dont have the bike yet.why do i
always start this stuff in the winter.we hadnt had much in nw ill
until i wanted a test ride.then they salt again. got 8" of
snow thurs and fri. im sw of rockford ill. you anywhere near holland .
we hav friends there--irv

MYVIC
02-25-2012, 09:39 AM
any idea on an outright price.-dont have the bike yet.why do i
always start this stuff in the winter.we hadnt had much in nw ill
until i wanted a test ride.then they salt again. got 8" of
snow thurs and fri. im sw of rockford ill. you anywhere near holland .
we hav friends there--irv

I sent you a PM