Another new proud KP owner [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Another new proud KP owner

turbojim
07-13-2010, 09:24 AM
Hey all,
Just picked up my 09 KP a week ago. It had the swept pipes on which sold me on looks right away. Kinda bummed to find out now about the performance of the pipes (or lack there of). I had been looking for a Road King when I came across the used Vic at a local metric dealer. The price compared to the HD along with the fact that its injected made it an easy sell for me. That and the fact that at opening night for Gettysburg bike week the ratio of HD to Victory was about 500 to 1. It's nice to not be like everyone else. Now, I can't wait to start wrenchin on 'er!:)

diamondrmp
07-13-2010, 10:50 AM
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Check out the “how to” in regard to posting pics here.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688

The Search feature is your friend!  You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

07PEARLJACKPOT
07-13-2010, 11:51 AM
welcome,
and dont be discouraged with your pipes they can always be replaced.
i think you will find that 100 ci.engine has plenty of power.

bf4cm28
07-13-2010, 11:58 AM
Welcome to the forum!

Dropy
07-13-2010, 12:40 PM
Welkum, and enjoy the ride!

turbojim
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. This was a nice step up from my 07 Shadow Aero.

Bzippi
07-13-2010, 09:14 PM
Nice lookin' bike. Congrats!

I know what you mean about the HD thing. I did a charity ride this weekend. About 90 bikes, probably about 80 were HD, and just 1 Vic ... me. thumb up