Value of abandoned '08 8-Ball? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Value of abandoned '08 8-Ball?

rocket j squirrel
07-31-2010, 04:32 PM
Hi folks,

A friend of mine is in Mexico for an extended time and I'm helping put his 8-Ball up for sale. First question is... what's it worth?

(BTW, I'm not trying to sell it here but I do need your opinions to help make a local sale.)

The bike has been sitting in a garage for the past year and has been started once or twice. I plan to replace the battery but it will need tires before the end of the year. It has just under 10,000 miles and it's condition is average. No dents or scrapes, but normal wear. Don't know if it has mods but I do see highway pegs.

So, it's a little rough around the edges and I'm not sure blue book values are a good guide these days, anyway. What do you think is a fair asking price?

miles2go
07-31-2010, 06:09 PM
I asked about what my 07 8-Ball might be worth just for kicks, and it has a good amount of mods done (see signature pic) as well as 23,800 miles on it and the dealer said somewhere between 6 - 8 thousand.

kmc
07-31-2010, 08:01 PM
NADA is saying $7,155 $9,415 , Kelly BB $9395 for the Vegas 8 Ball
$7,360 $9,685 , $9520 for the Kingpin 8 Ball
These prices are for the midwest area. They may be different in your area.

This is a good starting point, then think about the mods. Give it a good cleaning before you start showing. ebay might get you a little more if you can put up with the pros & cons , no pun intended.