tire advice [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: tire advice

mfisher73
08-27-2010, 04:56 PM
hey guys, im about to replace my tires on my 08 vegas8ball,any suggestions on brands or websites,thanks for any advice.

BBob
08-30-2010, 03:09 PM
I like the Dunlop E3's and usually buy them from motorcycle-superstore.com.

mfisher73
08-30-2010, 04:14 PM
cool bob, thanks man.

Gunslinger
08-30-2010, 04:20 PM
I like the Dunlop E3's and usually buy them from motorcycle-superstore.com.

The E3 is not made in a 180/18 size for the rear of a Vegas / KP platform. Please responders, check your facts before sending someone off on a wild goose chase. What works on the rear of your Jackpot does not work on a Vegas 8 ball.

BBob
08-30-2010, 06:17 PM
The E3 is not made in a 180/18 size for the rear of a Vegas / KP platform. Please responders, check your facts before sending someone off on a wild goose chase. What works on the rear of your Jackpot does not work on a Vegas 8 ball.

Wow! Who pee'd in your corn flakes this morning.

Lighten up Francis!

The website is still good and he can find a tire he likes that does fit. Maybe a Metzeler or Avon.

Tell you what; you post the way you want to and I'll do the same. Deal. I've been doing this far too long to start changing my ways now.

Gunslinger
08-31-2010, 09:01 AM
Wow! Who pee'd in your corn flakes this morning.

Lighten up Francis!

The website is still good and he can find a tire he likes that does fit. Maybe a Metzeler or Avon.

Tell you what; you post the way you want to and I'll do the same. Deal. I've been doing this far too long to start changing my ways now.

So, you prefer to post erroneous, useless information? Good to know.

As for the E3, for a long time, I really wished it was available for the NON fat tire bikes. It's a much better tire than the D417 that came on them. Fortunately, a lot of us recently discovered the next best (maybe even better) thing to the non-existent 180/18 E3..... the HD exclusive Dunlop D407b !!! Best rear tire I've had on my KP !!!

mfisher73
08-31-2010, 03:34 PM
thank you both for responding , i found a set of metzelers , should arrive soon,thanks guys. remember we're all victory lovers, so lets all try to get along.

Gunslinger
08-31-2010, 03:50 PM
thank you both for responding , i found a set of metzelers , should arrive soon,thanks guys. remember we're all victory lovers, so lets all try to get along.

Folks have reported mixed results with the Metzelers on the Vegas narrow tire platform. My own personal experience with them on my KP is not favorable. Just an FYI...

richardjames
09-04-2010, 07:20 AM
Im wondering if you got the new tires on yet? I also have a vegas and am considering the me 880. Thanks Richardjames

Bungln
09-04-2010, 07:37 AM
hey guys, im about to replace my tires on my 08 vegas8ball,any suggestions on brands or websites,thanks for any advice.

just a little info, i put a set of perilli nigh dragons on my vegas and after 3k miles i'd say they are the best handling tire i have found. i put 90's on the front for a little better handling. got them thru motorcycle superstore at a great price.

VegasRider
09-05-2010, 01:49 AM
I have a 06 Vegas and have found that the Avon Venoms work extremely well and are available in the stock Vegas sizes. I was considering Metzlers, but have been told by a number of other Vegas riders to stay away from them. Metzler makes a good tire, but for some reason, when used on a Victory, there seem to be problems with wobble and vibration. People who know more about this than I do said it has something to do with the Metzler makes the tire beads and way the Victory cast wheels are made. If anyone has any experience with other brands that will fit the Vegas, we are always interested in what you have to say!

mfisher73
09-13-2010, 11:45 AM
i just put my new tires on,what a difference,really nice ride

Gunslinger
09-13-2010, 12:00 PM
I have a 06 Vegas and have found that the Avon Venoms work extremely well and are available in the stock Vegas sizes. I was considering Metzlers, but have been told by a number of other Vegas riders to stay away from them. Metzler makes a good tire, but for some reason, when used on a Victory, there seem to be problems with wobble and vibration. People who know more about this than I do said it has something to do with the Metzler makes the tire beads and way the Victory cast wheels are made. If anyone has any experience with other brands that will fit the Vegas, we are always interested in what you have to say!

Avon hasn't made the Venom for a while now. They changed to the Cobra.... and not many people have too much success with the cobra. The Venoms were okay on my bike, but I'm really diggin' the D407 better than any of the others I've tried, including the Venom and Metzelers....

diamondrmp
09-15-2010, 10:13 AM
I've only heard of the Metzlers having the wobble on the Kingpin not the Vegas.

Personally I love the Metzlers BUT I have had very bad luck with the fronts.

I just put a DunlopE3 on my front last Saturday after a foot long bubble popped up on my Metzler 90/90. That is my third Metzler front and the third one to bubble WAY before the tire was worn down.

Also the Metzlers wear pretty fast. I am not an aggressive rider and I get 5000 MAX on mine.

IMO, I say try them you won't be disappointed.

richardjames
09-16-2010, 09:44 AM
Did you put metzler 880 on your vegas ?

DerekBlk07Vegas
09-18-2010, 10:19 PM
What's the widest tire we can fit on the rear of the vegas? 190 or 200??

Paul M
09-18-2010, 10:53 PM
I was looking at tires just today....Local shop recommended Dunlop Elites....He said that he has them in the right size and they are a more durable and dependable tire that should last at least twice the life of cheaper tires....Had them for $185 each....(not sure if that's a good price....will shop around and find out....)

BlkVegasGooSe
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
I have an 2003 Vegas and this is my experience with tires so far.

Dunlops - stock that came on the bike wobble terribly at speed of 70mph and higher. They also felt like they were washing out from underneath me in the turns.

I switched to the 880 metz and have about 3k on them and I LOVE THEM. No wash out and no wobble up to 100mph (fastest I have had it on the road. I don't remember what I paid for them. I have so much trust in the metz that now I scrap the floorboards often going through the turns. They seem to be wearing good, with alittle over half the tread left after 3k.

I am glad you like them so far.

VegasRider
09-20-2010, 06:45 PM
My 2 cents... I have heard from several sources about mixed results with the Metzler tires. One 'engineer' told me that the reason a lot of people have problems with them on Victories is because of the way the Victory OEM wheels and the Metzler tire beads are made. With a lot of care and extra effort, you can get them to seat properly and then they will work fine. However, if the tire installer does not go the extra mile, the tires may not seat straight on the wheels and you will end up with a high-speed vibration/wobble that no amount of balancing will get rid of...

Paul M
09-20-2010, 08:35 PM
I tried a friends 200 on for size and it fits fine......(back tire)

richardjames
09-20-2010, 09:18 PM
thanks for the info. I have a new set of 880 just dont have them on yet. I still have a few more miles on the dunlops. Thanks Richardjames