New Kingpin Owner [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: New Kingpin Owner

DadsGTO
09-10-2010, 09:38 PM
I owned my last bike, a Suzuki 550 in 1984. Sold the bike because of a one and two year old sons to raise. It has been a looooooooooong time. I am a 56 year old disabled railroader. My wife gave me the 2010 Kingpin as a "retirement" gift. The bike is gold and blue with stage one exhaust (it looks like the bike in the Victory brochure). I have installed a Windshield and highway bars. I have ordered saddle bags too. The first day I picked it up I logged 100 miles on it. I had taken a Motorcycle Foundation Safety class a year ago. I highly recommend the class, especially if it has been over twenty years since you have been on a bike.
The kingpin runs great and fits my short 30" inseam to a T. I had checked out the Harleys, but they felt heavy on my tippy toes. The Victory is a much better bike anyway.

CTKingpin
09-11-2010, 07:47 AM
I bought my 09 Kingpin in April and just hit 5200 miles this week. I'm loving the ride, I just ordered the windshield this week. Hope you have a lot of fun riding yours.

DadsGTO
09-11-2010, 03:32 PM
I am loving this ride. I am getting more adjusted to riding a bike again. I have never owned a bike this large before. Been practicing my friction control techniques in vacant parking lots, severe braking as well. Ride Safe.

ks_greg
09-11-2010, 08:15 PM
Congrats and welcome...
I just traded my '06 Road King 4 days ago on a new '09 Kingpin 8-ball.
Love it. Great balance, low seat height, great throttle response.
Riding is fun again.