Lock & Ride Winshield [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Lock & Ride Winshield

CTKingpin
09-23-2010, 03:54 PM
I'm looking for opinions on Victory's Lock and Ride Windshields. I just installed one on my '09 Kingpin. I took it for a short ride, city streets, country road and highway. I'm a little disappointed in the up draft from my legs. I guess I'll have to add lowers, but at $299 I might try and get used to it. I bought the 30" windshield and it seems Ok for the upper body, it just creates the pocket for that updraft to fill. It's in the 84 degree range today, but I bought it after a cold ride the otherday. {New England}. I'm also thinking of getting a set of soft lowers for my highway bars, any thoughts?

ron gerhart
01-22-2013, 08:38 PM
i posted the home made lower,s i made for my 2012 xr it really has fixed the wind comeing from the ground at any speed 44.00 dollars it,s under first ride with lowers in active topics has pic too

The Wolf
01-22-2013, 08:47 PM
Completely different ride, but I noticed the same thing on a cold day with the Memphis batwing on my Hammer. Relaxed a little, spread my legs apart a little so they weren't hugging the bike, and noticed more than half that updraft went away (or at least didn't come up into my neck and face). May be a short term fix for you on colder days until you find a way to block it all together, but adjusting my knee/leg position even a little made a major difference for me.

visionjohnny
01-23-2013, 02:19 PM
Your riding a motorcycle what do you except going down the road.
The only way any of us would get away from the wind is be in our cars.
Think of the old timers that road they had no plastic in front of them they just put on there big boy pants and enjoyed

kamhol
04-17-2013, 04:34 AM
it cost me $913 here in australia & 4 week lead time! Best price i could find, No US dealers would respond to email inquiries. It's still two weeks away so i'll put up some comments then...

Bucky5454
04-30-2013, 02:15 PM
it cost me $913 here in australia & 4 week lead time! Best price i could find, No US dealers would respond to email inquiries. It's still two weeks away so i'll put up some comments then...

OUCH!!!!! That is way expensive!