New to the forum and Victory MC's [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: New to the forum and Victory MC's

Hey-Hof
10-17-2010, 11:12 PM
Just wanted to introduce myself. Im new to the forum and Victory MC's. I've got a 2000 V92 with about 5k miles on it. It is currently in a state of disassambly from the previous owner. Basically engine and rolling chasis. Tins are in the first stages of bodywork as time permits. I have done lots of body and painting throughout the years and am excited to get the spray gun out again. Even though I am not a mechanic by schooling, I do have plenty of mechanical abilities and plan on doing all the work myself. I've been riding since I was 12 but this is my first American ride. So, with that said, I've got a couple of questions.

First, being as I'm not a very tall guy, is there a way to lower the bike? I havent found any kits for the V92.

Second, is there a different speedo cluster that is like plug and play and not mounted in the headlight? I'm not to thrilled with that set up.

I will post pics just as soon as I find my camera.

Thanks in advance and I look forward to getting my new toy on the road.

gobeaves
10-18-2010, 12:06 PM
When I bought my 2002 V92TC it had a piece on the mono shock that lowered the bike. It also had a custom seat made to have the rider sit lower. I still have both , If you think these will fit on your bike let me know and we can come up with a good price.

diamondrmp
10-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Check out the “how to” in regard to posting pics here.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=1688

The Search feature is your friend!  You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

One thing to do is have the VIN run from your bike to see if the tranny upgrade was done. The 00 and 01's unfortunately had a bad tranny. Since the bike is apart you can do that now. You can PM KevinX and he can tell you. He is a mechanic at Polaris Of Gainsville and considered to be THE Victory mechanic in the Victory community. He really is a wealth of knowledge.

I haven't seen any plug and Play replacements for the Headlight speedo. I personally haven't ever seen it done.

gobeaves, gave you good advice regarding lowering your bike.

Atvwv4x4
03-14-2011, 08:55 PM
New to the forum as of yesterday, I bought an 06 TC last year and really enjoy the ride. However, I'm 5'8" and need to lower it, if possible. Hey-Hof did you have any luck lowering your TC, I'm open to any suggestions. Thanks

Hey-Hof
03-15-2011, 12:24 AM
No luck yet. I got side tracked restoring my old VW convertible and finally did the finishing touches yesterday. I've asked several people and nobody has done or heard of lowering a V-92. Done lots of internet reading and searching and still no luck finding a kit or bolt on set up. So, with my VW finished I'm getting started this weekend on my bike. If I figure it out I'll post it up.

diamondrmp
03-15-2011, 01:16 AM
Here ya go.

http://twowhelsperformance.webs.com/ratesservices.htm

Hey-Hof
03-15-2011, 11:26 PM
Thanks for the link. Looked through it really quick. Do you make a lowering kit for a V-92?

diamondrmp
03-16-2011, 01:38 AM
WHAT???? I don't make anything.

Please take the time to look at the site. Geezus I took the time to look for it and post it for you!!!

Atvwv4x4
03-16-2011, 10:03 AM
Thanks Diamond for the info. I went to the link last night and see that he can rebuild the Fox shock with lowering modification. However, when I attempted to contact him, I didn't have any luck, maybe I'm missing somethig? If you have an E-Mail address I'll try that way. Thanks

diamondrmp
03-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I clicked around on the site and clicked the old site.

He says he is having a problem with the messaging on his new site. Antway here is Barry's email.

TwoWhels6@att.net

FYI he is a truck driver so you may have a little lag in response.

Atvwv4x4
03-16-2011, 12:21 PM
Thanks diamond, once I here back from Berry I'll post the out come.

Hey-Hof
03-16-2011, 10:53 PM
WHAT???? I don't make anything.

Please take the time to look at the site. Geezus I took the time to look for it and post it for you!!!

I did look through the site but didnt find anything about lowering the V92. I also just tried to look at various other parts and was having trouble opening pages. I also tried to send an email that was at the bottom of the page, which came back undeliverable. How was I to know whose site it was or wasnt?

Sorry for asking a question.

CrossRoads
03-16-2011, 11:05 PM
I did look through the site but didnt find anything about lowering the V92. I also just tried to look at various other parts and was having trouble opening pages. I also tried to send an email that was at the bottom of the page, which came back undeliverable. How was I to know whose site it was or wasnt?

Usually those who can make good parts have crappy websites, and those with nice websites sell crappy parts.

Hey-Hof
03-16-2011, 11:40 PM
I saved the site to my favorites and was going to try it again. Thanks CrossRoads.

diamondrmp
03-17-2011, 01:01 AM

I get extremely frustrated when I take the time to find something check it out then post it and it is not followed up and it pisses me off even more when someone like you tries to play victim saying, "Sorry for asking a question".

If you took a few seconds of your TIME to scroll down the page of the link I sent you then you would have seen the V92 lowering shock kit.

CrossRoads
03-17-2011, 01:10 AM
I get extremely frustrated when I take the time to find something check it out then post it and it is not followed up and it pisses me off even more when someone like you tries to play victim saying, "Sorry for asking a question".

If you took a few seconds of your TIME to scroll down the page of the link I sent you then you would have seen the V92 lowering shock kit.

Diamond, you're being awfully rough with us again. Is everything alright? You know this will require another apology thread. :ltr:

Hey-Hof
03-17-2011, 02:09 AM

Dude, or should I address you as Mr Diamond Administrator of the Almighty Victory Forum? I see you are an administrator and I will probably be removed from this forum. Thats fine with me if there are more people like you on here. As I said in a previous post, the pages would not open for me and that is why "this victim" as you call me, asked a quick question. Or, maybe, you dont have to play like you are the only person who knows anything and answer any more of my posts. That is, if I am so lucky as to keep my membership status on this forum. Or, maybe, you can step down from being an administrator and let somebody else do it because it is so "frustrating" helping others. Maybe, you should actually read a post and let it sink in about what that person actually typed and said before you get all "pissed off" and go off on somebody. You sending me that link, not only would have helped me, it would have helped a business owner in the Victory community. Maybe, I wont bother trying that web site you sent me. Know you just took money out of what I am hoping is a good man with an honest and good product. Just because I'm a noob, doesnt mean I dont know anything. I've been building and fabricating for well over 20 years. And trust me, I can figure out how to lower my ride. I was just hoping to do it the easy way with a kit somebody has already engineered done. And thanks for posting a pic of that page. Is that what it looks like?

I hope you took a few seconds of your TIME to read this all the way to the bottom.

And I'm not sorry for this post or anything I said in it!!!

Well CrossRoads, I think this is my last post as I truly expect to be removed for standing up against an "administrator". So, if you dont get a reply or see me on here, you know what happened.

CrossRoads
03-17-2011, 02:22 AM
Well CrossRoads, I think this is my last post as I truly expect to be removed for standing up against an "administrator". So, if you dont get a reply or see me on here, you know what happened.

Ain't gonna happen. Diamond's a really nice guy. He roughs us up a bit sometimes, but he never leaves bruises and usually he makes up with a decent apology. :p

Hey-Hof
03-17-2011, 02:47 AM
Ain't gonna happen. Diamond's a really nice guy. He roughs us up a bit sometimes, but he never leaves bruises and usually he makes up with a decent apology. :p

Yeah, we'll see.

diamondrmp
03-17-2011, 06:56 AM
Everything is great CR. No apology this time and Hey-Hof you need to be careful what you say. Unless you are going to go back and edit your post to cover up what you said. I am talking about your immediate response to my posting the link.

You said in the post following my response where I posted the link.
"Thanks for the link. Looked through it really quick. Do you make a lowering kit for a V-92?"
Where does it say you could not open it?

You also said in your later response that you mentioned not being able to open pages.
"I did look through the site but didnt find anything about lowering the V92."

Well I say once again if you had taken a little time you would have seen what I circled and posted from the page!

FYI I answer and seek out the answer when I don't know it for members here. I put a lot of time into helping members here and there is nothing wrong with getting frustrated when someone wants to have their hand held and given all the answers instead of putting a little effort in.

Just as you said "I was just hoping to do it the easy way with a kit somebody has already engineered done." Easy being the operative word!

If you don't post here again it will be on you. I have yet to ban anyone for anything except SPAM. You give yourself way to much credit there sport.

You can call me whatever you want. Just make sure if you post it in the open forums it is within the rules of the forum! :ltr::ltr::ltr:

CrossRoads
03-17-2011, 10:56 AM
For what is worth, that website is confusing. Hey-Hof might have thought those products are supposed to be links you would click on and see the product - like a picture of it, a description and some sort of a buy button. And thus the "can't open it" confusion.

Yeah, we'll see.
Diamond likes to keep order in the court, which is good. This forum's well organized and all us animals who like to piss-post something everywhere are kept under control. But, unlike other forums, you won't get banned here because someone doesn't like you or what you have to say. This is one forum where freedom of speech is observed.

Hey-Hof
03-17-2011, 10:45 PM
I'm kind of surprised I am still on here. I did think those were links, but even then, they didn't all load which is why I never saw anything about the shock and lowering. I did save it to my favorites and was going to go back later and try again. If the part/kit wasnt available then I would not have gone back to that site in search of. So I didnt see anything wrong with asking the question. And as far as me starting something in an open forum, I was the one called out saying that I frustrated and pissed someone off. If I pissed somebody off I think I should have been sent a PM about it and maybe some clarification on both sides could have happened. but it didnt go down that way and here we are. As far as me needing my hand held, no thanks. And the "easy way" and easy being the operative word, I'm saying why try and figure soemthing out that has already been done and is proven. I got riding to do and a kit would have been way more convenient. I can build a set of handlebars but why waste all day when I can just spend a little cash and still enjoy my weekend. Thanks CrossRoads for trying to keep the peace.