Aftermarket Seat [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Aftermarket Seat

jackpot10
12-18-2010, 12:10 PM
I recently purchased a 2010 Jackpot and my girlfriend has found the passenger seat to be uncomfortable and she tends to lean on me making it uncomfortable for myself. Is there a seat available that is still low profile but yet comfortable and has a removable backrest? I've looked at the Mustang, Corbin & Victory seats but they look bulky and I don't picture them going well with the lowered sleek appearance of my bike. Is there a seat out there with the best of both worlds? Any suggestions or pictures would be appreciated!

diamondrmp
12-18-2010, 12:21 PM
The whole point of the bigger bulkier seats is MORE padding to make it comfortable for the passenger.

The only other suggestion I can give you is buy a Pro-Pad and put over the stock seat like I do for my girl until I have the $$$ for a tour seat.

There also the Butty Buddy. I've never tried it or know anyone that tried it but the reviews on the web site are good. My problem is that it will put indentations and maybe even tear the passenger pad.

Tigerboxer
12-18-2010, 11:55 PM
I have the Corbin "Gunslinger". Very comfy for both rider and passenger. I know how you feel trying to find a seat that matches the lines of the bike. To me it was the best of the evils offered. I know Corbin and some other companies make seats designed like the stock one, pizza slice style, but you have to buy a separate back rest that attaches to the fender in most cases. I can post pics of the rear seat itself and the backrest that you can buy with it, if you want ,but she is in the shop right now so I can't show what it looks like on the bike at the moment.

The Gunslinger has a backrest that is attached to the seat itself to provide a more simplified look, the drawback being you have to remove both seats to put it on and take it off. Without the backrest attached to the rear seat I think it still looks fairly streamlined. Also for the 09's and up I think they changed the rear fender a bit as I the hardware they sent to mount the rear seat was incorrect.

If you happen to find something better on your travels, please let me know!

diamondrmp
12-20-2010, 10:22 AM
I have the Corbin "Gunslinger". Very comfy for both rider and passenger. I know how you feel trying to find a seat that matches the lines of the bike. To me it was the best of the evils offered. I know Corbin and some other companies make seats designed like the stock one, pizza slice style, but you have to buy a separate back rest that attaches to the fender in most cases. I can post pics of the rear seat itself and the backrest that you can buy with it, if you want ,but she is in the shop right now so I can't show what it looks like on the bike at the moment.

The Gunslinger has a backrest that is attached to the seat itself to provide a more simplified look, the drawback being you have to remove both seats to put it on and take it off. Without the backrest attached to the rear seat I think it still looks fairly streamlined. Also for the 09's and up I think they changed the rear fender a bit as I the hardware they sent to mount the rear seat was incorrect.

If you happen to find something better on your travels, please let me know!

Which seat is that? I've never heard of or seen a Corbin Gunslinger for the Jackpot.

Tigerboxer
12-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Apparently I have a reading disorder. I think I was looking at the Gunfighter when I was looking up the name. Which isn't even the seat I have. I have the modular seating system, with the separate front and rear seat. Sorry for the confusion, bit of a blonde moment.

haVok
12-21-2010, 08:20 AM
I have the victory touring seat with the passenger backrest. While it doesnt look quite as good as stock. It is way more comfortable and my girlfriend likes the backrest. The more comfortable she is, the more comfortable I am.

Tigerboxer
12-22-2010, 11:06 AM
The more comfortable she is, the more comfortable I am.

A lot of truth in that! :D My wife says the seat is a bit firm, but Corbin does advertise that it takes sometime to break in. And even though the backrest I have looks like a hemorrhoid pillow she claims it to be comfortable and supportive as well. This is also being discussed a bit more in depth in another forum.

jackpot10
01-03-2011, 10:54 PM
I can't see spending $500+ on a touring seat that in my opinion does not look as good as the factory seat. I'm leaning more towards buying a Pro Pad and for the backrest going with the 16" chopper kit/sissy bar from Victoryonly.com. The website says it can be removed in seconds so I think it will be great when I don't have a passenger. Does anyone know if this is the same sissy bar as the Outlaw Chrome everyone talks about? I've tried to go on their website but it is down for some reason. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a sissy bar other than the Victory Only one I mentioned above?

8Ball
01-03-2011, 11:00 PM
just a heads up....seen a few guys on other forums praising this....

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

diamondrmp
01-04-2011, 10:23 AM
I can't see spending $500+ on a touring seat that in my opinion does not look as good as the factory seat. I'm leaning more towards buying a Pro Pad and for the backrest going with the 16" chopper kit/sissy bar from Victoryonly.com. The website says it can be removed in seconds so I think it will be great when I don't have a passenger. Does anyone know if this is the same sissy bar as the Outlaw Chrome everyone talks about? I've tried to go on their website but it is down for some reason. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a sissy bar other than the Victory Only one I mentioned above?

That is the set up I have. It does not go on and off in seconds. I had the quick detach and it was a PITA to remove and put back on. Luckily I live near Outlaw Chrome so I returned it and got the mounted one. It takes no more than 10 minutes to put on or remove.

diamondrmp
01-04-2011, 10:27 AM
just a heads up....seen a few guys on other forums praising this....

http://www.meancitycycles.com/

Here is the issue with Gel. It heats up and stays hot on hot days!! I had Ride One in Northern California redo my seat. He explained to me how gel works.

He trims the foam, adds gel then applies foam over the gel.

I know he's right because he did my seat with just inserting the gel (he only did it for me to see what he was talking about) and man I literally looked like I pissed my pants after an hour of riding in 88 degree weather!

The next day I took it back to him as we agreed and he trimmed, inserted and covered the gel with foam. My solo seat is comfortable as all giddy up!!

visionjohnny
01-04-2011, 01:25 PM
That is the set up I have. It does not go on and off in seconds. I had the quick detach and it was a PITA to remove and put back on. Luckily I live near Outlaw Chrome so I returned it and got the mounted one. It takes no more than 10 minutes to put on or remove.

Does it really mater if it takes ten or twenty minutes to change. After all time is what we have the most of.

diamondrmp
01-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Does it really mater if it takes ten or twenty minutes to change. After all time is what we have the most of.

WTF is that about? I'm just letting the guy know how long it takes. Calm down.

jackpot10
01-04-2011, 06:11 PM
It definitely matters how long the sissy bar takes to install and remove. Thats why I'm considering a sissy bar and not a touring seat that has a passenger backrest that can't be removed. Diamond, would you recommend the 12" or 16" sissy bar? I thought the 16" would be more comfortable for a passenger but I'm not for sure since this is the first bike I have ever owned. Also, who do you recommend I purchase this backrest from? Victoryonly.com does not have the option like what you have on their website. Thanks

diamondrmp
01-04-2011, 07:17 PM
I have the 16 inch bar and the pad came with it.

diamondrmp
01-05-2011, 11:43 AM
The reason I went with the 16 is because Angel said it was more comfortable for her. We tried all 3 sizes.

CrossRoads
01-05-2011, 01:19 PM
The reason I went with the 16 is because Angel said it was more comfortable for her. We tried all 3 sizes.

I've said this before, but I just have to say it again. Your sissy bar looks awesome! thumb up If I were you I'd always keep it on. Adds a lot to the chopper look.

diamondrmp
01-05-2011, 03:08 PM
I've said this before, but I just have to say it again. Your sissy bar looks awesome! thumb up If I were you I'd always keep it on. Adds a lot to the chopper look.

Thank you!

Big_Al
01-05-2011, 08:13 PM

Please stop giving Diamond compliments on Porti; he is turning into a really big HAM!!:ltr::ltr: :I agree: Porti does look nice. LOL

diamondrmp
01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
Please stop giving Diamond compliments on Porti; he is turning into a really big HAM!!:ltr::ltr: :I agree: Porti does look nice. LOL

:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr: I wouldn't doubt if Porti is the most picture posted Victory on the internet! LMAO!!

I've posted pics from the day I bought her almost 5 years ago to a few months ago with all the different stages of modifications.

Thats a LOT of pictures!thumb up