paint issues? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: paint issues?

GURR
12-20-2010, 04:54 PM
I'm a new owner (10/2011) of a 2011 CROSS COUNTRY. I love this bike. There have been some issues which have been addressed on this forum; fuel gage reading, lack of accessories ect......

However, I haven't seen anything about the fit and finish of the motorcycle. I have two issues which I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced.

1- The saddle bag lids don't seem to close/seal totally. They have this space on the front and rear where there's a 3/8 inch gap. I'm not sure how this will affect the contents of the bag in nasty weather since purchasing so late in the year. Is it just a deformed gasket?

2- The finish of the paint. I bought the pearl white paint option which looks nice. But there is a flaw in the finish. The edges of the faring and saddle bag lids were not painted. Like if you set something on a surface and painted the top and not turn it over to paint the other side.

I didn't notice it until I washed it the first time. I contacted the dealer and they took pictures of it and submitted it to Polaris for warranty repair. Polaris called back saying they need better pics. They couldn't see the problem (Bummer! My bike is in storage until spring). The dealer since then got another Pearl White bike in with the same issue. I hope to get it resolved soon.

Anybody else :confused:

CrossRoads
12-20-2010, 05:05 PM
I contacted the dealer and they took pictures of it and submitted it to Polaris for warranty repair. Polaris called back saying they need better pics. They couldn't see the problem (Bummer! My bike is in storage until spring). The dealer since then got another Pearl White bike in with the same issue.

Maybe they can't see when they paint with light colors, that's why most bikes come in black. :ltr:

On a serious note, how about taking pictures, in high resolution, at the dealer, on the bike they've got there.

diamondrmp
12-20-2010, 05:51 PM
I haven't heard of any paint issues....yet.

Your bike is covered under warranty. Take it to the dealer and show them the paint issue and let us know what ahppens..

BBob
12-20-2010, 06:11 PM
There has been many folks complaining about the quality of the paint jobs. Mostly it's just that they don't have enough coats of clear. Yours is the first I've heard of with a defect like that though.

I bought a new white Ford Ranger years ago and didn't notice the paint on the driver's door was really thin to non existent on the lower part until I washed it. It happens sometimes. I guess even robots have Monday's. :) They gave me an F-150 to drive around until the paint was redone. I didn't want to bring it back ...

gulliverstoe
12-21-2010, 07:49 AM
my ten is tops....7k miles so far...i have no issues as described...bags are tight and paint is great...to my eyes anyway....

visionjohnny
12-21-2010, 12:16 PM
GURR
Why don't you ride out to polaris in the spring and show them. There in medina on hwy. 55 the north side of the road.
Its totally bull shit for polaris to say better photos. I don't under stand why they don't trust there dealers. It makes all dealers look like dummies. Ya Ya I know some are but polaris should help us out after we have spent $ 20 thousand dollars.
:(

CrossRoads
12-21-2010, 12:28 PM
GURR
Why don't you ride out to polaris in the spring and show them. There in medina on hwy. 55 the north side of the road.
Its totally bull shit for polaris to say better photos. I don't under stand why they don't trust there dealers. It makes all dealers look like dummies. Ya Ya I know some are but polaris should help us out after we have spent $ 20 thousand dollars.
:(

I also wish they would trust the dealers more. However, the dealers would end up abusing that power if it was given to them. Before you know it, they would throw in complementary repaint jobs to their customers. ;) We're not the only ones thinking stealerships are crooked. Polaris thinks so too. Hehehe. cheers

visionjohnny
12-21-2010, 01:58 PM
I'm a new owner (10/2011) of a 2011 CROSS COUNTRY. I love this bike. There have been some issues which have been addressed on this forum; fuel gage reading, lack of accessories ect......

However, I haven't seen anything about the fit and finish of the motorcycle. I have two issues which I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced.

1- The saddle bag lids don't seem to close/seal totally. They have this space on the front and rear where there's a 3/8 inch gap. I'm not sure how this will affect the contents of the bag in nasty weather since purchasing so late in the year. Is it just a deformed gasket?

2- The finish of the paint. I bought the pearl white paint option which looks nice. But there is a flaw in the finish. The edges of the faring and saddle bag lids were not painted. Like if you set something on a surface and painted the top and not turn it over to paint the other side.

I didn't notice it until I washed it the first time. I contacted the dealer and they took pictures of it and submitted it to Polaris for warranty repair. Polaris called back saying they need better pics. They couldn't see the problem (Bummer! My bike is in storage until spring). The dealer since then got another Pearl White bike in with the same issue. I hope to get it resolved soon.

Anybody else :confused:

what dealer did you buy it from?

GURR
12-21-2010, 02:25 PM
what dealer did you buy it from?

NORTWAY SPORTS IN EAST BETHEL

A guy pays extra $$ for that paint job and any NEW bike should expect quality work and craftsmanship.

I'm still curious on the saddlebag issue also. If the dealer cannot fix these problems I might just make a ride out to Polaris:cool: