8 ball vision [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: 8 ball vision

hksigman
12-29-2010, 12:54 PM
like the looks of this all blacked out vision

Is a radio an option?
dark windshield?
different handlebar style?

love to see some pics of modified 8 ballvisions...

Aussie Jack
01-11-2011, 05:50 AM
Radio can be fitted and is expensive. I was at the dealers looking at a black ness vision next to a black tour premium like mine today and some of the black panels instead of the brushed aluminium do look nice. When I got home i did some research on the pure victory parts search site and their are different prices for brushed aluminium, ness black and 8ball panels. Huge differences in some cases. Even more for sandstone panels. Or you can get chrome panels. As well as that you can get black tip over protectors, wheels and the list goes on. Do some research as some have stated it is cheaper to paint a tour premium panels black or powder coat than build up an 8ball by adding sound system components and I think tip overs and some other things are also missing. Not sure about cruise either. Check them out side by side if you can. Hopefully others can chime in with some info. I also think 8balls are lower seat hight bikes. Might influence your decision.

diamondrmp
01-11-2011, 09:44 AM
IMO you are better off getting a USED tour and giving it the 8Ball treatment.

Mississippi
01-20-2011, 04:18 PM
1384like the looks of this all blacked out vision

Is a radio an option?
dark windshield?
different handlebar style?

love to see some pics of modified 8 ballvisions...

Here is a pic of mine. Over the Christmas break, I added:
Alpine SPS-500 speakers for 53.00 w/shipping
ipod nano - 145.00 or so
Motorcycle Tunes 600wat mini-amp - less than 75.00
I put on a pair of the Ness 2" shorter bars for 110.00 off o ebay.
I put on a JRock 20" windshield for 135.00 (you can get it tinted, I did not)

I circled the amp and my old ipod shuffle in a red circle. However, it is a little hard to see.

It is not factory, but I was able to use the factory wiring for the speakers and amp, and I am making a bracket to hold the nano now. I can post pics when I get done if you would like.

ravenzerofive
02-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Mississippi,
Would love to see finished pics. I found a complete speaker/amp setup for the 8-bal online for about $400, but it shounds like you've done it for a lot less.

Do you have a link to where you ordered the mini-amp?

Mississippi
02-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Here is the link for the amp, and I will try to remember to take some pics tonight. However, the only thing you can see is the location of the ipod nano. Everything else is buttoned up and looks stock.

http://motorcycletunes.com/proddetail.asp?prod=MT-600

I hope this helps. I have also attached the wiring schematic that I used. It shows the speaker wires, the switched power wire and ground wires.

Mississippi
02-05-2011, 02:24 PM
Here are the pics that I promised. I attached the nano with velcro to a piece of angle that I painted and bolted under the switch housing.

CrossRoads
02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Sweet looking setup. Looks factory. thumb up

Is the touchscreen glove friendly? Or do you ride with fingerless gloves?

Mississippi
02-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Thanks, I do ride with full gloves, and the nano is not very glove friendly. I think I am going to put a pin with a back on it with the back facing out on my thumb. I have big fingers anyway, so I have a little trouble with the nano either way. My shuffle works better with and without gloves, but it does not have a radio on it. I am still trying to decide which one will be best for me.

ravenzerofive
02-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Here are the pics that I promised. I attached the nano with velcro to a piece of angle that I painted and bolted under the switch housing.

MS,

That is perfect. Thanks for all of the information - I ordered the Amp today.

Very creative.

R06

den the biker
02-16-2011, 08:00 PM
I added an electric adjustable windsheild,a heel and toe shifter and heated grips to my 8 ball.Also added a glove friendly Garmin 660 Gps which has a built in Mp 3 player with blue tooth.Bought a Scala Rider 4 that interfaces wireless with the Garmin and has fm radio.Didn't need the Vsion radio.My dealer has a 2011 with a radio for sale and a lousy windhsheild.I think I got a better bang for my buck.I am very pleased with my setup.Don't think I would hear the radio at high speeds anyhow.I wear a full face helmet.The Scala ear phones fit in any helmet.Its a fantastic bike.You don't have to be an electronics engineer to have this set up.Good work by Missisippi.

worm5932
02-17-2011, 08:42 PM
what about cruise??

Mississippi
02-18-2011, 09:15 AM
I bought a Throttle Lock for 200.00 or so, but I have not put it on yet. The one that I have is balck, so it should blend right in. You can find the Brushed ones cheaper, but I really wanted the black. Here is the link to the site if anyone is interested. http://www.brakeawayproducts.com/

MaddMax2u
03-11-2011, 03:20 PM
Mississippi,
Kudo's on a slick solution! I love it!! Did you run the iPod speaker connection thru the handlebars? And any thoughts about charging the iPod while you ride??

Mississippi
03-11-2011, 03:29 PM
No, MaddMax2u. I did not run the headphone jack through the bars. I ran it with the regular bike wiring on the outside of the handle bar. All of the wiring is on the outside of the bars anyway, so it blends in nicely. As far as charging, the set-up that I have does not charge the ipod nano, but the info on the nano boasts that it can last 24hrs with a single charge. I am not sure I believe it, but I have not had any issues to date. I have not really had to test the battery life on the nano yet, but it seems to hold a charge quite well. Some amps come with the ability to charge different devices, this amp does not.