new vision [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: new vision

firetruck41
01-14-2011, 05:32 PM
well here it is, 2'' bars, backrest and stage1 exhaust. the stage one does sound good.

firetruck41
01-18-2011, 03:06 PM
had a chance to ride on monday. the bike is just outstanding. the stage1 is perfect. don't know why people want louder. i could ride this thing all day.

CrossRoads
01-18-2011, 03:13 PM
That's one handsome white horse!

Kirb
01-18-2011, 05:01 PM
I don't think they want louder they just want max air flow for performance and mileage. By the way had the factory download been done ? and was there any popping out the exhaust ?
THATS THE ONE
:)SHARP

firetruck41
01-18-2011, 05:53 PM
no poping anywhere at anytime. just a truely sweet sounding exhaust. some people say it's a waste. i say best choice over stock.

gary mcclanahan
01-18-2011, 06:10 PM
No popping or backfiring, that sucks!!!!:)

visionjohnny
01-19-2011, 06:52 PM
I never get tired of looking at a vision. I can stair for hours.
I guess when I look at the bike and wonder how they made all the cuts for the panels and how they made the molds and fram and on and on.
It would be great to see a video of the start to finish in slow mode so you can take it all in.
Like the the white bike good for you.

Aussie Jack
01-20-2011, 04:58 PM
Lovely bike and good to see a white vision with ABS

ridenfun
01-20-2011, 11:41 PM
It's a beauty is right. I'm looking at a new 2010 Pearl White, but it's w/o ABS, vs a choice of a plain black one with ABS at about $500 more. Firetruck, assume this is a 2011 model, as i don't think 2010 were available in white with ABS. Just wondered. If so, any other changes, other than the new tranny on the '11.

Can any users of Visions with ABS comment on its level of operating, usefulness etc. I've never had a bike with ABS, but am thinking this is a good way to go, BUT would also prefer to get the WHITE one.

May just wait until I can source a 2011 White with ABS, as I'm also wrestling with buying a new bike with w/o ABS and with a non current improvement to the GB., as this will be a keeper bike for me long term.

firetruck41
01-21-2011, 05:59 AM
go with the 2011 if you possibily can. not only does it come standard with ABS, it has the new 100k transmission, less noise and drive line slack. those will be the changes stated by maker. look on cycletrader and bargain for the best deals. my best deal was out of state. here was my best deal in town; $21000 for the 2011 pearl white. $1363 for accessories(2'' shorter bar, stage1 exhaust,driver backrest). out the door was $24k. hope this helps.

If the price is right on the 2010, spring""

ridenfun
01-21-2011, 12:28 PM
Thanks FT for the response, including the details. I'm going to have to weigh all this over as our Cdn pricing is a lot higher (even given our now equal $$ exchange) so may even consider buying in the US and importing. for the 10-15% difference that seems to apply (always, NOT just a Vic thing)
Thks again and enjoy the ride. DeSoto and nearby rural areas otuside Dallas, would be a great place to ride. Enjoy.

pjrobson
02-12-2011, 01:46 AM
Hi guys, I live near Melbourne in Australia. I just took delivery of a new Vision Premium a few months ago and love it. From the first time I took a vision for a test ride I was hooked. I have cherry red vision, but it don't matter what colour the bike they just look great.

No matter where I park mine it attracts a crowd, I had a bus follow my when I was riding with my wife along the Great Ocean road, when I stopped they pulled it behind us and tooks heaps of picks of the bike. Got to love being the centre of attention, even if it is only the bike they are interested in.

First time I've seen a white one, it looks great. Love the backrest for the rider, is it as comfortable as it looks. I may have to invest in one for my bike.

cheers

firetruck41
02-12-2011, 08:16 AM
the backrest is just icing on the cake, it's a major plus. haven't rode in two weeks, the cold and ice in texas is the worst in 15 years, I most certainly have cabin fever.

bigseadaddy
02-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Born and raised in Arlington and my parents are still there. They too said it is the worst they have ever seen it!!!

That said, I LOVE that white!!! I would almost be willing to repaint mine in a few years to it. I have always been a fan of black but I seen that white a few days ago and was knocked over by it.

GREAT CHOICE AND CONGRATS!!!!cheers