New to the Victory Forum - New XC to follow [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: New to the Victory Forum - New XC to follow

RedRocker
01-22-2011, 07:01 PM
Greetings,

Just signed up and I'm looking forward to talking about the Victory XC from now on, even though I don't own one yet. :mad: Me and the wife took two Victory test rides last year in July and August; we decided the 2011 XC with the trunk was the best fit for us. I've been on a Ninja 650 for the past two years and while it's a fun bike, it's not a Victory.

If anyone hear has recently purchased a 2011 in New York or Connecticut I would really appreciate a recommendation on a Victory dealer. I have three dealers picked out, but any inside info would be great. Thanks. thumb up

diamondrmp
01-22-2011, 07:55 PM
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

RedRocker
01-22-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks, Diamond. I'll read the new member info.

BBob
01-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome RedRocker from AZ. Lots of good info on XC's here. I guess you already know the XC needs a taller windshield and some kind of lower wind deflector. Getting the trunk is a wise decision. I keep mine empty unless I throw my jacket in there or go shopping. It can give a bit of a top heavy feel to it if there's a lot of weight in it.

dirtdobber
01-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Can't help ya on a dealer, unless ya want to come down to Alabama.

Welcome to the borad

diamondrmp
01-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

RedRocker
01-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Thanks dirtdobber. I traveled down to Mobile, Alabama a few times on TAD assignment in the military during 2000 to 2004. As cold as it is here in the Northeast, I'd really like to be on two wheels in Alabama right now. Be well.

RedRocker
01-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Hello Arizona! Really love your Beautiful State. I've traveled to Phoenix twice and I have driven up to Wickenburg each time during the months of July and August. I just gotta get the warden on board to make the move in 10 years.

When we took the test drive on both 2011 XC's we did prefer the one with the taller windshield and that was the one with the trunk. I have read about the trunk being top heavy and I would keep mine almost empty as well. Your XC looks great BTW. The blue is our first choice too. Be well.

rshives
01-24-2011, 04:15 PM
I have an '11 Blue XC as well. I have the stock short windshield and no lowers, but I don't have any problems with the wind. My last bike was a Yamaha Warrior though, so I may have a wind problem and just don't know it. :)

Richard

RedRocker
01-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Hey Richard,

Yeah, as you said, you may not know you have a wind problem. :) I've been riding a sportbike for the past two years and I do enjoy the motor and it's razor sharp response, but it's just too cramped. Now is the right time for me to change my ride. thumb up