New guy here, probably going with a Cross Roads but not ruling out the CC. [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: New guy here, probably going with a Cross Roads but not ruling out the CC.

Humbucker
01-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Hi,

I've racked my brain over the last couple of years trying to figure out the best bike to replace my current ride, a Vulcan 1600 Classic.

I thought that I'd end up on a Harley Road King but after much research, soul searching, etc...the bike turns out to be a Victory instead.

I was dead set on getting the Cross Roads but I'm not ruling out a Cross Country now either. I'll rack my brain over that decision for awhile I'll bet, but at least it's in the same brand!;)

diamondrmp
01-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Welcome to the Victory Forums.

A couple of pointers. Please take the time to read the “Sticky” threads in the “Victory Forums Rules and New Members Introductions” forum. This will help you out a LOT with the Victory Forums.

The Search feature is your friend! You will find the answers to a lot of your questions by using it.

If you are asking questions that are of a technical/mechanical/electrical/performance nature please place them in the “Victory Tech and Performance” forum. This will speed up a response. Placing them in the model specific forum can delay a response.

Definitely test ride both. Do some research here using the "search" feature and that may help you a lot!

rdeerx
01-24-2011, 07:41 AM
I can understand your dilema. I previously owned a 2001 Nomad & traded to a 2009 1700 Nomad in Nov. of 2009. A friend bought a 2010 XC in Apr. 2010. I rode it, thought "nice bike". We went on a 6800 mile ride last July. After seeing how it performed and the fuel mileage he got compared to my 09 1700 Nomad, Plus it was not near as hot to ride in 90+ degree temps as the 1700 Nomad. The Nomad would cook your legs when the fan kicked in. I made the change 2 weeks after we returned. I went with the 2010 XC also. My thought was I could really enjoy the fairing along with the radio, cruise, full guages,etc. Remember the 2010 Crossroads did not have the cruise as a standard. I really love this XC and have about 4800 miles on it since late July. In my opinion the Victory is much more bike than the 1600/1700 Kawasaki's. Not that the Kawi's are bad bikes, but the XC & XR are so much more. Either one you choose, you will enjoy.

petegtsv10
01-24-2011, 10:06 AM
I bought my XR in Nov. and my last bike was a Vulcan2000. It was a difficult decision to go from 125 c.i. and >140 ft/lbs of torque to the XR. I test rode Kaws, Rockets, Vics and Strats. The balance and appearance of the Vic made up for the huge loss in power for me. We've also logged many thousands of miles on a variety of rental HDs. The final decision for me between the XR and the XC was over the buffeting issue. I HATE any buffeting at all and much prefer no shield to buffeting. I can ride w/o a shield all day at 75 mph in smooth air rather than one hour with buffeting. So, XR was the choice for me.

visionjohnny
01-24-2011, 02:34 PM
Would you like a radio when you rode?
Would you like to be some what protected in the rain or cold? And bugs.
Buffeting is a mater of opinion cause others say it doesn't mean you'll feel the same.
Witch would have a better resale value.
Either way when you go to the dealer get him to throw in the first 500 mile check up it will save you some traveling money.

CrossRoads
01-24-2011, 09:49 PM
I've also considered both the XC and XR. To me, the stereo was not something I was interested in. I was more interested in the easily removable windshield of the XR for boulevard cruising on hot summer days, while the windshield's great for my daily commuting to work (50mi of highway). cheers

petegtsv10
01-24-2011, 10:44 PM
I've also considered both the XC and XR. To me, the stereo was not something I was interested in. I was more interested in the easily removable windshield of the XR for boulevard cruising on hot summer days, while the windshield's great for my daily commuting to work (50mi of highway). cheers

There have been many very hot days where my fellow riders wished they had the air in their face w/o a shield.

CrossRoads
01-25-2011, 11:02 AM
There have been many very hot days where my fellow riders wished they had the air in their face w/o a shield.

Yeah, it's a matter of what's more important to you. Each bike has its pluses. Some have to have the stereo, others have to have the removable shield. thumb up

dirtdobber
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
Like diamondrmp said test ride both. When you ride the cc make sure you ride 1 of each, tall shield and stock shield so you will have a idea what can be done and how each effects you.

Regardless what ya do you will be getting air on you while moving. It has to be super hot not to want a windshield, but that's me. Sitting still is when the heat hits ya and then it will not matter which ya have.

Each to their own

dd