Are there any pictures out there of the Cross Country with the tubular highway bar? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Are there any pictures out there of the Cross Country with the tubular highway bar?

Humbucker
01-24-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm leaning towards getting myself a Cross Roads but I'm trying to find some pictures of a Cross Country with regular old tubular highway bars rather then those monster forged chrome highway bars that come stock on the Cross Country.

I know that you can simulate this on Victory's website when you "custom build" a bike but that's just one view and it doesn't come close to painting a complete picture. A 3-D image is what's needed on that website.

I've got kind of a love-hate relationship with the Cross Country, and after giving it some thought, I think that the main problem for me is that I might not be completely digging the looks of those giant forged chrome highbars/blades/wings, whatever......

It looks like you can order the Country with regular tubular highway bars instead and by looking at the prices for the two different types of highway bars, the tubular type are almost half the price of the blades. That should be reflected in the cost of the bike if it's ordered with the cheaper tubular highway bars?

Has anybody here ordered there Country with the tubular highway bars? Or know where I might find some pics of any CC bikes with this type of highway bar?

I'm not saying that the forged chrome are hideous or anything but they are a bit out there but then again they probably add a certain character to the bike. It's not a deal-breaker either way by any means.

But I suppose that one big plus with going with the forged chrome type is that since they are so big, they would probably block a lot of wind and rain from getting at your feet and lower legs when installing engine guard chaps on there.

ammo_umb
01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
I don't think there is an option to have factory installed tubular bars on the Cross Country. Tubular were standard on the Cross Roads for 2010 then Victory changed the the Core Program on the Cross Roads for 2011. That doesn't mean that it would be impossible to get the tubular bars on the Cross Country. You may be able to work out a special order (much like the person that ordered a Cross Roads with Extreme Skulls that a member now owns), you may find someone with a 2010 Cross Roads that will swap, or you may be able to buy tubular bars separatdely and install them.
The impossible is most often the untried.

ammo_umb
01-25-2011, 09:02 AM
It became more possible after looking through the 2011 accessories catalog; they sell the tubular bars and their description says they are for Cross Country.

dirtdobber
01-25-2011, 10:30 AM
I thought about that myself. I wanted to use the tour tech highway pegs + I could add a light I already have.
Then I realized it would change the looks too much so I gave it up.
What ya could do is cut a deal when purchasing the bike and have them change the engine guards as part of the deal

gulliverstoe
01-25-2011, 08:33 PM
howdy

i call 'em wings but blades work....for me...a bit out there at first bu they grow on you...took about 5 minutes...they look pretty stout but i do not plan to verify this...just a well designed ride...(and i fixed my bare wires with tape...)

BBob
01-26-2011, 01:07 AM
This is interesting to me because I've had friends say they just can't get use to the big forged crash bars and for me they were a plus right out of the gate. I laid the bike down when I went off road to take a pic. The crash bar handled it and I was able to pick that 800 lb bike up myself and that's saying something considering my screwed up back.

Anyway; I like them because the look different and because they are much more functional than the standard tubular bars. I dunno. Your mileage may vary ...

rking35209
01-27-2011, 04:57 PM
I was thinking of going with the tubular bars in hope of getting a hard lower attached to similiar to the Ulatra glide.........would that be possible?

dirtdobber
01-27-2011, 05:39 PM
Hard Lowers for Victory "CROSS ROADS" Motorcycles
http://jtdcycleparts.com/images/1270675338639-1082736759.gif

Our Hard Lowers will fit any Victory Motorcycle with Victory chrome or painted black highway bars.

This is a Honda VTX but you get the idea
http://184.72.239.143/mu/ad61c418-8619-33d3.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/ad61c418-864f-ba31.jpg

http://184.72.239.143/mu/ad61c418-86ba-c202.jpg