vision longer shift linkage [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: vision longer shift linkage

firetruck41
01-25-2011, 05:49 AM
I am amazed how little dealers know about the vision. I wanted to move the shift lever forward, so i call two dealers, they did not know what the hell i was talking about, i'll call you back, crap'

does anyone know the part number or shift rod length, for the relocation?

Buster
01-25-2011, 08:55 AM
The shifter is adjusted in a center position from the factory.
It is adjustable fore and aft about 2".
There are 2 bolts that hold the shifter to the running board.
Remove the bolts, slide to the position you want, install the
bolts and adjust the linkage.
You can also adjust the brake in the same way.

firetruck41
01-25-2011, 09:53 AM
i already know all of this. i have adjusted the brake lever already. the book says if you adjust the shift lever to the forward position, you will need the longer shift rod.

team5150
01-26-2011, 06:27 PM
i already know all of this. i have adjusted the brake lever already. the book says if you adjust the shift lever to the forward position, you will need the longer shift rod.

Not true. I moved it forward on my 08 and it worked fine.

sgtfixit
01-26-2011, 08:38 PM
I'll chime in...I did this on my 11 XC...after moving the shift lever to the forward position, the rod would not reach unless the lever was laying almost on the floor board. I released the pinch bolt on the shifter arm where it attaches at the case. pulled it straight off, then indexed it 2 or 3 teeth clockwise. the rod can then be re-attached. Have no problems with this configuration so far. Hope this will work for you...just dont forget to tighten down the pinch bolt on the shift arm and the lock nuts on the rod. I used locktite on all bolts to ensure no loosening I didnt want!