Sign Petition to get K&N to build us Air Filters! [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Sign Petition to get K&N to build us Air Filters!

CrossRoads
01-28-2011, 01:15 PM
Please sign this petition with K&N so they would make us an air filter. All it takes is your name, e-mail address, and 10 seconds to fill it up. Don't forget to check the AIR FILTER box, and click the SEND REQUEST button.

Here's the link to the form on K&N's website (http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2010&mk=VICTORY&md=Cross%20Country&en=1731).

1420 (http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2010&mk=VICTORY&md=Cross%20Country&en=1731)

Thank you for helping out!

warr110r
01-28-2011, 01:30 PM
When I went to the site I could not get the cursor to show in the "Name" field. It let me put my email and everything else in. So I clicked on the field and typed my name and it took it (although I could not see what I typed).

Just wanted to let anyone else who encounters this that you can still submit it.

CrossRoads
01-28-2011, 01:33 PM
When I went to the site I could not get the cursor to show in the "Name" field. It let me put my email and everything else in. So I clicked on the field and typed my name and it took it (although I could not see what I typed).

Just wanted to let anyone else who encounters this that you can still submit it.

Good point. The same has happened when I submitted. If you highlight the text in the name box, it will show what you've typed - click in the name box and press [CTRL]&[A] to select the typed text.

warr110r
01-28-2011, 01:43 PM
That was exactly how I figured it out.

I guess we're a couple of fart smellers....I mean smart fellers .cheers

bigseadaddy
01-28-2011, 01:58 PM
+1 and a bump to keep it going... I would think the Vision guys would want it too!

diamondrmp
01-28-2011, 02:47 PM
Done and I will sticky this thread!!thumb up

bfp
01-28-2011, 03:00 PM
Done! Thanks cross roads for finding that out. John at cycle dragon told me last weekend k&n would probably have one for us within the year hopefully won't take that long

diamondrmp
01-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Uhhhhhhh...that was fast I got an email from K&N saying that the filter for the XC is part #KN-198!!

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description 2010 CROSS COUNTRY 1731 All Oil Filter KN-198 (http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=KN-198) Oil Filter

CrossRoads
01-28-2011, 03:10 PM
Uhhhhhhh...that was fast I got an email from K&N saying that the filter for the XC is part #KN-198!!

Year Model Engine Comment Product Type Part Number Description 2010 CROSS COUNTRY 1731 All Oil Filter KN-198 (http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=KN-198) Oil Filter

LOL. That's the oil filter though. We need air filter!

diamondrmp
01-28-2011, 03:12 PM
SON OF A B&*%$!! I hate that when I don't read thoroughly.

NEVERMIND!!!:ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

diamondrmp
01-28-2011, 03:13 PM
Well, there's the oil filter # for you guys!!thumb up

Yeah, yeah thats it....I wanted to post the oil filter info for you guys!!:ltr::ltr::crzy:

CrossRoads
01-28-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, there's the oil filter # for you guys!!thumb up

Yeah, yeah thats it....I wanted to post the oil filter info for you guys!!:ltr::ltr::crzy:

Hahaha... Thanks Diamond! :crzy: cheers

BBob
01-29-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks for finding that form CR. I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. I also just did a search for an AF using the basic dimensions of the stock filter but not nearly as high and it said they had nothing in that range of dimensions. Oh well.

CrossRoads
01-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Thanks for finding that form CR. I was looking for it earlier and couldn't find it. I also just did a search for an AF using the basic dimensions of the stock filter but not nearly as high and it said they had nothing in that range of dimensions. Oh well.

No problem.
Hope we get their attention that there's a need here. Enough petitions will do the trick.

Daveh221
04-23-2011, 09:19 AM
All set just waiting for a reply.
BURN-RUBBER!!!

visionjohnny
04-23-2011, 05:51 PM
Why do you want K&N air filter?????
You know the stock filter flows as much air as a K&N and it get just as dirty as a stock filter.
You think your going to gain horse power? Maybe one horse or maybe two if that.
Are you going to save money? Maybe in four years.
So your going to tell me your going to wash your K&N and let it dry for a day and reoil it.
A stock air filter you pull out once a year blow it out with air and put it back in.
When you can buy a stock air filter for a cheaper price and put it in the day you buy it.
K&N $59.95 Stock air filter $15.36 so by the forth filter ya you could have had a K&N and don't for get the air filter oil so will say fifth filter.
I just don't see the reason for a K&N. :confused:

busajack
04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
Amen Johnny.
Ck this out http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest3.htm

CrossRoads
04-23-2011, 10:06 PM
Why do you want K&N air filter?????
You know the stock filter flows as much air as a K&N and it get just as dirty as a stock filter.
Really? So the dyno results have all lied?

You think your going to gain horse power? Maybe one horse or maybe two if that.
So there is a power gain even though they only flow the same volume of air as the stock? Wow. Where does the extra 1 or 2 horsepower come from?

Bottom line is, dynos don't agree with what you're claiming. K&N flows more air than stock air filter. But, if you like your pony muzzled up, fine with me. I'm not bashing on your choice. Would be nice if you'd be respectful for those of us who want a better air filter and not bash on us either. ;)

Speedblue
04-23-2011, 11:19 PM
Almost every bike I have owned gets or got a K&N air filter. Tried some of the oil foam ones before,never really pleased me. Installed the oil foam ones on my old Guzzi and they got old. Started the old MotoGuzzi one day after it had not been running for awhile. It sucked those old oil foam filters right into the engine. I will stick with the K&N air filters after that experience. thumb up

BikinVikin
07-22-2011, 09:17 PM
Please sign this petition with K&N so they would make us an air filter. All it takes is your name, e-mail address, and 10 seconds to fill it up. Don't forget to check the AIR FILTER box, and click the SEND REQUEST button.

Here's the link to the form on K&N's website (http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2010&mk=VICTORY&md=Cross%20Country&en=1731).

1420 (http://www.knfilters.com/products_needed/default.aspx?yr=2010&mk=VICTORY&md=Cross%20Country&en=1731)

Thank you for helping out!

Done, replacing the air filter appears to be a complicated process on the XC...

BanditSRT8
07-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Not bashing, just asking a question... don't shoot me :cool:

Why did you pick K&N?

They are old news. No one who customizes cars or bikes for power rely on them anymore since they are midrange, and are always beaten in side by side comparisons by other brands.

Buy what you want of course, I'm just confused by the choice.

CrossRoads
07-22-2011, 10:45 PM
Not bashing, just asking a question... don't shoot me :cool:

Why did you pick K&N?

They are old news. No one who customizes cars or bikes for power rely on them anymore since they are midrange, and are always beaten in side by side comparisons by other brands.

Buy what you want of course, I'm just confused by the choice.

What other choice do we have? The Stage 1 Victory filters are rusted out of the box. I don't want rust particles in my engine. If K&N are old news, which they are, then what else is out there for the Cross bikes? Nothing. :rolleyes:

TN Rider
08-27-2011, 01:10 PM
Done and Done!

saddlebag
11-07-2011, 05:28 PM
What other choice do we have? The Stage 1 Victory filters are rusted out of the box. I don't want rust particles in my engine. If K&N are old news, which they are, then what else is out there for the Cross bikes? Nothing. :rolleyes:

Are the Vic Stage 1 filters a clean and oil type or a disposable paper type?

CrossRoads
11-07-2011, 05:51 PM
Are the Vic Stage 1 filters a clean and oil type or a disposable paper type?

Clean and oil. The only gripe I have against them, and the reason I did not get one, is that some of them come rusty from the box, brand new. :o

saddlebag
11-07-2011, 05:57 PM
Clean and oil. The only gripe I have against them, and the reason I did not get one, is that some of them come rusty from the box, brand new. :o

Do you run the rest of the Stage 1 or similar?

CrossRoads
11-07-2011, 06:00 PM
Do you run the rest of the Stage 1 or similar?

I don't have stage 1. I have a set of D&D slip-ons, stock air filter (the paper boy), with filter lip removed, and OČ sensors disconnected.

saddlebag
11-07-2011, 07:40 PM
I don't have stage 1. I have a set of D&D slip-ons, stock air filter (the paper boy), with filter lip removed, and OČ sensors disconnected.

Do you have problems with blipping the throttle? I was considering those last two mods, but if it's going to make the engine die when I blip to downshift I'll pass.

CrossRoads
11-07-2011, 09:15 PM
Do you have problems with blipping the throttle? I was considering those last two mods, but if it's going to make the engine die when I blip to downshift I'll pass.

Mine does not have any problems on throttle blipping, but Victory does suggest against throttle blipping. If you don't have problems with blipping now, I don't think you will once you add pipes either.

saddlebag
11-08-2011, 04:24 AM
Mine does not have any problems on throttle blipping, but Victory does suggest against throttle blipping. If you don't have problems with blipping now, I don't think you will once you add pipes either.

Sorry, I wasn't referring to the pipes, I have the Stage 1 pipe change and I'm happy with the sound or mostly lack-thereof. I was referring to the O2 and airbox changes. I read some old posts that indicated bikes would die when blipped. I can't imagine why Victory would warn against such a thing? That's like advising against revving the engine.

visionjohnny
11-08-2011, 12:23 PM
CrossRoads
You said I was bashing your post.
I beg your pardon I was saying what is true facts. Yes K&N would give you maybe at best 1 to 2 horse.
Is it worth it? $ 59 dollars verses $15 dollars.
I'm saying no and if you would have spent a little time and read about air filters you would be so pushy for one horse.
By the way I do believe you have not agreed with all post and you have said so.
No I'm not bashing I'm just giving pros and cons.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest2.htm

busajack
11-08-2011, 06:33 PM
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/airfilter/airtest3.htmcheerswac

saddlebag
11-15-2011, 05:33 AM
What other choice do we have? The Stage 1 Victory filters are rusted out of the box.

I changed my oil, disconnected my O2 sensors, and removed the air box rubber lip last week. While doing the latter, I had the opportunity to peak in at the air box. I am happy to report seeing no rust. I also didn't see any oil on the filter. Seems like I remember K&Ns coming pre-oiled and pink. This one's element is as white as Edgar Winter.

joseph
11-15-2011, 06:41 AM
I know of wings with over 300,000 miles using a K&N filter. Engines never opened never an issue. I had 70,000 miles on my wing with one installed when I sold it. Again not a problem. Now many of you may be different than me but I know for a fact I will not own my current bike long enough to accumulate 300,000 miles. Chit, They always come out with something new I want long before I would ever have to worry about any of this.

In the end its really not a big deal. Don't likey don't sign or buy, likey go ahead and sign.

busajack
11-15-2011, 12:54 PM
Watch out for little black pieces of the screen wire from manufacturing when you first install K&Ns. Valves and rings don't like them.
Tap them on a white paper towell and vacuum from the inside. After I seen this no more K&Ns .waccheers

joseph
11-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Busajak... Then clearly you shouldn't consider a K&N and I would advise against signing the petition.

See, Now every one is happy!

busajack
11-16-2011, 10:00 AM
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1748006&page=1

visionjohnny
11-16-2011, 01:35 PM
By the way so you know K&N air filters are made in Taiwan

busajack
11-16-2011, 07:55 PM
The one that came with the stage 1 kit for my Jackpot was made in Veitnam. Looked like a K&N.:ltr:cheers

11-20-2011, 10:06 AM
K&N filters are far better than a rust filled filter made by the same government that we lost over 58,000 of America's best fighting against. Sorry, but anything is better than buying products from the Vietnamese!!! Thanks Cross Roads for your efforts!

saddlebag
11-20-2011, 10:35 AM
K&N filters are far better than a rust filled filter made by the same government that we lost over 58,000 of America's best fighting against. Sorry, but anything is better than buying products from the Vietnamese!!! Thanks Cross Roads for your efforts!

a) How do you know they are made in Vietnam?

b) I am for buying American where possible/practical myself, but why would you hate the Vietnamese? If our country was being invaded by their military, would you behave differently than they did? I think your beef should be with the war-pig politicians who get their people into these situations.

visionjohnny
11-20-2011, 12:21 PM
Guarantee they are.
A friend is a buyer for a major motorcycle parts distributor and he said they are. If you go to k&n web page there is no place that says American made.

slickvic
11-20-2011, 08:10 PM
I wonder if amsoil will be making a filter for these bikes they claim theirs is more affective at removing particles than k&n. They have a good product with testing to back up their claims. Anyone try their air filters in another vehicle or bike ?

11-21-2011, 08:25 AM
The Victory air filter that is made in Vietnam shows it is by it being written on the box the filter comes in. I personnally don't know where K&N filters are made, but anything is better than proping up the Vietnamese government.:mad:

gibson
02-16-2012, 03:57 AM
Has any one figured out where to by a replacement air filter yet? I am still searching for non stock million mile type filter. Has anyone had any luck yet?

BBob
02-16-2012, 04:08 AM
Has any one figured out where to by a replacement air filter yet? I am still searching for non stock million mile type filter. Has anyone had any luck yet?

Yup. The PL-1500 K&N works just fine. Just needs to be trimmed a bit to fit. Been running mine for over 10k miles and just cleaned it at the 10k mark.

Lock
03-06-2012, 08:15 PM
WHAT THE HELLO IS WRONG WITH K&N NOT MAKING A AIR FILTER SPECIFICALLY FOR THE XBIKES YET!!!!:mad:
Its been over a year for the petition and still nothing??? They dont want anymore money???

:mad::mad::mad:

Chicago Mark
06-11-2013, 08:59 PM
I'd forget about going directly to K&N, just get the Victory one (likely K&N anyway) or the Lloyds one. Guess I just don't see the point in begging K&N for an air filter when you already have 3 options, oem paper, oem performance and Lloyds.

BBob
06-11-2013, 09:19 PM
I'd forget about going directly to K&N, just get the Victory one (likely K&N anyway) or the Lloyds one. Guess I just don't see the point in begging K&N for an air filter when you already have 3 options, oem paper, oem performance and Lloyds.
Not when this thread was started.

remat457
09-08-2013, 02:35 AM
I see that this is quite an old thread, but the survey is link is dead.

Tech23
11-15-2013, 01:05 AM
I see that this is quite an old thread, but the survey is link is dead.

So is K&N's interest in making an air filter for the X bikes. If they have had that request form up since 2011 and they don't offer an air filter by now...I wouldn't hold my breath.

Tech23