Lash Learn Procedure for a XC Cruise Control? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Lash Learn Procedure for a XC Cruise Control?

rdeerx
02-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Does anyone have the "Lash Learn Procedure" for a 2010 XC? It's been suggested that I do this for an intermittent problem I've been having with my cruise control. Thanx in advance

BBob
02-15-2011, 11:56 PM
Ok; I'll bite. What's a Lash Learn Procedure?

rdeerx
02-16-2011, 05:46 AM
It is the procedure to run thru if your cruise control is acting erratic. I got the directions on another web site. So my question has been answered.

randyyo
02-16-2011, 08:24 AM
Okay, let us in on the secert.

rdeerx
02-16-2011, 08:47 PM
Here's the procedure for erratic cruise control operation. Given to me by a Victory Tech.

1-Press & hold the resume & on/off buttons on the cruise control switch.
2-Turn the ignition switch on.
3-While holding both buttons, start the engine.
4- After the engine starts, watch the cruise indicator lamp on the indicator display until it goes out.
5-When the cruise control lamp goes out, release both buttons at the same time.
6-Press & hold the resume . the cruise indicator lamp should illuminate.
7-Listen for a brief increase in engine RPM(very slight RPM increase)as the cruise control module performs the procedure.
8- Release the resume button when the RPM drops down to idle speed & turn off engine.

The procedure is used when replacing the cruise control cable. The procedure takes any slack or free play out of the cruise cable where it connects to the throttle body.

This is compliments of kevinx01, tech at Gainsville Victory, I believe.

bryman
02-16-2011, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you think there's any chance of your Custom Dynamics plate frame causing the cruise control issues? I am wondering since I am thinking about putting it on my CR after I pick it up. Thanks.

diamondrmp
02-16-2011, 10:55 PM
Here's the procedure for erratic cruise control operation. Given to me by a Victory Tech.

4- After the engine starts, watch the cruise indicator lamp on the indicator display until it goes out.
7-Listen for a brief increase in engine RPM(very slight RPM increase)as the cruise control module performs the procedure.
8- Release the resume button when the RPM drops down to idle speed & turn off engine.

The procedure is used when replacing the cruise control cable. The procedure takes any slack or free play out of the cruise cable where it connects to the throttle body.

Kevin is a member here and he knows his stuff.

CrossRoads
02-16-2011, 10:56 PM
Kevin is a member here.

Where is he? He's hibernating! :ltr:

diamondrmp
02-16-2011, 10:57 PM
LOL...yeah he hasn't been around much lately but has chimed in the past 2 days. He is on a few different forums and I think he does a tech article on top of his job and family!! Busy man for sure!thumb up

dirtdobber
02-17-2011, 05:22 AM

Almost identical to a HD
This should take out the slag when setting the cc.

rdeerx
02-17-2011, 06:44 AM
I don't believe the Custom Dynamics plate frame has anything to do with it. It had done it once prior to that install. I tried the 'Lash Learn Procedure', but could not get the lamp to go out after holding the on/off & resume buttons. My dealer thinks it's an intermittent switch problem. Same as kevinx.

randyyo
02-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks for the info.
Always nice to have.

CrossRoads
02-17-2011, 10:25 AM
My dealer thinks it's an intermittent switch problem. Same as kevinx.

Same as the other thread (http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4215) where you brought this up. At least you're narrowing it down. A problem is only a problem until it can no longer escape. ;)

sheezabiker
03-16-2011, 03:50 PM
I installed my Cruise Control on my 09 Kingpin Low and once in a while it works but seems I have to always reset it! Yesterday's ride it worked great..but today NO CC! I read that loosening up the push cable is what it takes. I tried that and it did work all day. But again...not today. Any ideas???? I'm frustrated! Do I have to reset it everytime I start the bike? Doesn't seem to me that I should have to do that.
Thanks for any help.
Sheezabiker

CrossRoads
03-16-2011, 04:18 PM
I installed my Cruise Control on my 09 Kingpin Low and once in a while it works but seems I have to always reset it! Yesterday's ride it worked great..but today NO CC! I read that loosening up the push cable is what it takes. I tried that and it did work all day. But again...not today. Any ideas???? I'm frustrated! Do I have to reset it everytime I start the bike? Doesn't seem to me that I should have to do that.
Thanks for any help.
Sheezabiker

Was "today" colder than before? Maybe the cable is loosened almost as much as it should be, but the cold contracts the cable enough to cause the problem. Can you loosen it a bit more, or can you confirm it's not colder ambient temperature what causes it to stop working?

BBob
03-16-2011, 04:22 PM
I had a problem with mine after changing grips. I had the pull cable a smidgen too tight so it wasn't making full contact with the throttle all the way closed so it wouldn't set.

Sometimes it seems to not want to hold the speed once it's set so I pull in the clutch and and quickly go to the zero throttle position and back to the speed I was going and then reset it. Then it works. I'm pretty sure the issue with yours is with the throttle closed sensor.

sheezabiker
03-16-2011, 05:12 PM
Was "today" colder than before? Maybe the cable is loosened almost as much as it should be, but the cold contracts the cable enough to cause the problem. Can you loosen it a bit more, or can you confirm it's not colder ambient temperature what causes it to stop working?

It's actually warmer today. I tried loosening the pull cable a bit. If that doesn't work I'll have Victory take a look. I hate going to the dealer tho for something I know I can do. $$$$
Thanks for the reply! Will post tomorrow as to results. Gonna ride early and avoid the St. Patricks Day Amatures!cheers

dtmmil
08-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Sorry i know this is an old thread but does this work if the cruise doesnt hold steady but surges? mine speeds up and slows down constantly. Or what else should i look into?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App (http://www.motorcycle.com/mobile)

visionjohnny
08-18-2013, 01:42 PM
Sorry i know this is an old thread but does this work if the cruise doesnt hold steady but surges? mine speeds up and slows down constantly. Or what else should i look into?

Put more slack in your return cable its to tight

dtmmil
08-18-2013, 02:34 PM
Ok thanks i will try that!

coop
08-19-2013, 12:12 PM
subscribe for later

depot picker
08-19-2013, 12:20 PM

Poor connections on your PCV will do that. Mine did twice. The second time I used dielectric grease and it's not happened since.

dtmmil
08-19-2013, 03:30 PM
I will keep that in mind also. thanks. its always been funky though and surged, but i just swapped my bars and did a 1/4 turn throttle so i had to adjust the push cable so right now that makes the most sense. But i will look into the connections next if its not the cable.

dtmmil
08-23-2013, 06:08 PM
Ok just reread the instructions before going out to do this. It says to press and hold thr resume and on/off buttons? do i hold the on or the off or both?I noticed i do have quite a bit of slack in my cruise cable at the throttle body so i am going to try this to see if it helps.

sheezabiker
08-24-2013, 12:49 PM
Thx for the assistance ya'll. Just bought a new XR Classic! And carry my manual with me. :rolleyes:

dtmmil
08-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Has anyone else done this following these instructions? I cant get it to work as described, the light doesnt go out but i can get it to flash, but still does nothing to the idle and cruise still speeds up and slows down constantly.