highway peg pictures? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: highway peg pictures?

MADDOGC5
02-20-2011, 05:57 PM
I tried the search key but im not sure if I used it correctly. Does anyone have pics of the xc highway pegs mounted.? Preferably the ones that attach under the floor boards but would like to see both. Thanks from the new guy.
BIGJAY

dirtdobber
02-20-2011, 09:15 PM
I did not like either set. The 1's under the floorboard will kill some lean angle, drag. Being a short guy the Victory's did not work for me and the angle they were on was uncomfortable, not in a natural position.
I know this is not what you asked for but it's all I can offer.
I made my own mounts to fit me.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/dirtdobber2/004.jpg?t=1298257972
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/dirtdobber2/005Small-1.jpg?t=1298258009
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/dirtdobber2/006Small.jpg?t=1298258066

My light mounts
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/dirtdobber2/hawk010Small.jpg?t=1298258247

MADDOGC5
02-21-2011, 04:52 AM
Thanks dirt bobber. Why didn't you like them ? Because your smaller in stature? I'm 6'4 . This is why I asked for pics. I really don't wanna waste the $ if there gonna made my ride worse . If there uncomfortable I'd be really pissed. Thanks for the pics you posted. They help to see the position of where they can be mounted.

dirtdobber
02-21-2011, 07:46 AM
I am only 5'7" and I do not like my legs straight. It's much more comfortable with the knees bent slightly. The way I have them is I can do 1 of 3 things. Feet on Floorboard, upper portion of my foot on the pegs or feet on pegs. I have a angle on the pegs that matches the angle of my legs in a natural position.
Very comfortable on long rides.
I find pegs that are straight put pressure on my pelvis. It is a unnatural riding position. Your legs are in a V and the pegs straight, how can that be comfortable for very long.
At your height The victory's may work for ya.
There is 2 mounting holes in the engine guard, 1 upper and lower on each side. this gives you some flexibility to find a position that is comfortable for different folks.

ammo_umb
02-21-2011, 10:25 AM
Try this link. My local dealership builds these in shop; they mount under the floorboards and are thin enough to barely affect lean - they sell them for $239.99.

http://tricityperformance.net/eshopprod_cat_2332-18091-18097-59874_product_727655.Victory_VisionCCCR_Floorboar. htm

CrossRoads
02-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Try this link. My local dealership builds these in shop; they mount under the floorboards and are thin enough to barely affect lean - they sell them for $239.99.

http://tricityperformance.net/eshopprod_cat_2332-18091-18097-59874_product_727655.Victory_VisionCCCR_Floorboar. htm

Someone else makes a similar foot rest (http://www.noemtz.com/heelblades.htm) but theirs actually fold in and out, so they're only there when you need them - and they're only $190. They have them pictured on the Vision floor board which means it should fit the Cross bikes also. Maybe NOEMTZ can step in and give us more info.

However, I believe you'd have to have fairly long legs to be able to use those. I'm only 6'10" and I know I can't stretch my legs that far - at least not without pulling a muscle. Would love to test a pair. :D

dirtdobber
02-21-2011, 10:39 AM
http://cdn-7.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/tricityperformance/DSCN4274200.JPG

The only way these will not effect the lean angle is if they are not in use, pushed all the way back in.

I use my cruise pegs ongoingly no matter if I am in the curves/twists or straight roads.
I live on a mountain so I have lots of curves/twists. If I used these they would have very little benefit for me.

It is a good idea for those on flat/straight land.

ammo_umb
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
They're an option; some people may like them. After seeing the pictures CrossRoads posted I personally would go from them. They make more sense; they're there is you need them and stowed when you don't.

You do have to have pretty long legs to use the ones I linked to. I have a 32" inseam and when I tried them on a Vision I was stretched too far for my tastes. They were good as long as I didn't try to put my heels on the front of them.

MADDOGC5
02-22-2011, 09:38 AM
Someone else makes a similar foot rest (http://www.noemtz.com/heelblades.htm) but theirs actually fold in and out, so they're only there when you need them - and they're only $190. They have them pictured on the Vision floor board which means it should fit the Cross bikes also. Maybe NOEMTZ can step in and give us more info.

However, I believe you'd have to have fairly long legs to be able to use those. I'm only 6'10" and I know I can't stretch my legs that far - at least not without pulling a muscle. Would love to test a pair. :D

Are you 6'10. Or 5'10? Yourvpost says 6'10 if you can't reach them I think we all have issues. But I think you meant 5'10. I'm 6'4 and have 34 inseam. I was looking for pics of the victory floor board monted pegs. I guess I'm going to have to spend the money and be the first to try them on here. Although the blade type that slide in and out are also intriguing . Thanks guy

CrossRoads
02-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Are you 6'10. Or 5'10? Yourvpost says 6'10 if you can't reach them I think we all have issues. But I think you meant 5'10. I'm 6'4 and have 34 inseam. I was looking for pics of the victory floor board monted pegs. I guess I'm going to have to spend the money and be the first to try them on here. Although the blade type that slide in and out are also intriguing . Thanks guy

I stand corrected. I am 5'10". LOL. I've only mistyped by a foot. Thanks for catching that.

MADDOGC5
03-01-2011, 11:56 PM
No one has them. Come on guys. I. Hate to spend the $if they are not what I'm looking for or are not good pieces

CrossRoads
03-02-2011, 12:22 AM
No one has them. Come on guys. I. Hate to spend the $if they are not what I'm looking for or are not good pieces

I thought you wanted to see pictures of the highway pegs, and I also thought pictures were posted. What are you looking for? Please clarify for those who are slow like me. :)

MADDOGC5
03-02-2011, 07:34 AM
I asked to see the victory highway pegs that mount under the floor boards. I see them on the victory site but wanted to see them mounted on a bike. Sorry guys if I was not clear about what I was looking for. I do appreciate all the pics that were posted too.

CrossRoads
03-02-2011, 09:25 AM
I asked to see the victory highway pegs that mount under the floor boards. I see them on the victory site but wanted to see them mounted on a bike. Sorry guys if I was not clear about what I was looking for. I do appreciate all the pics that were posted too.

As far as I'm aware nobody here has them installed. The pics posted with them on the Vision should give you a good enough idea on how they look and how they work.

I do believe you have to be on the tall side to fit those, however. I cannot put my heels at the top edge of the board while riding. And if I can't do that, I'm sure I won't be able to stretch my heels to the outer front part of the boards. If you order those,make sure you're tall enough to be able to use them.

Would be nice to get more pics on the under-floor-board highway pegs, but like I said, I don't think anybody here has gotten them yet.

NOEMTZ
03-02-2011, 09:37 AM

Hey Guys ....just saw this.
Yes these are pretty unique and you do have to be a tall person to take full advantage of them. :(
They are Stainless Steel and will fit the Cross bikes.thumb up
Only problem is...they have flown off the shelves.thumb upthumb up We are in the process of another run and should be fully restocked shortlycheers
If I can answer any questions on these...let me know.

CrossRoads
03-02-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey Guys ....just saw this.
Yes these are pretty unique and you do have to be a tall person to take full advantage of them. :(
They are Stainless Steel and will fit the Cross bikes.thumb up
Only problem is...they have flown off the shelves.thumb upthumb up We are in the process of another run and should be fully restocked shortlycheers
If I can answer any questions on these...let me know.

Actually, we do have questions!

How tall do you have to be or what's the minimum inseam you need to have to be able to take advantage of these?

NOEMTZ
03-02-2011, 10:05 AM
Actually, we do have questions!

How tall do you have to be or what's the minimum inseam you need to have to be able to take advantage of these?
I would recommend being at least 6'-7" or taller person to take full advantage. That can vary depending on if you have made any seat mods. For example...on the Vision 8-Ball...Since that seat has a lower rider position....I believe a 5'-8" person could use very easy.

MADDOGC5
03-02-2011, 10:49 AM
As far as I'm aware nobody here has them installed. The pics posted with them on the Vision should give you a good enough idea on how they look and how they work.

I do believe you have to be on the tall side to fit those, however. I cannot put my heels at the top edge of the board while riding. And if I can't do that, I'm sure I won't be able to stretch my heels to the outer front part of the boards. If you order those,make sure you're tall enough to be able to use them.

Would be nice to get more pics on the under-floor-board highway pegs, but like I said, I don't think anybody here has gotten them yet.

Thanks. Anyone care to post up those pics of the vision with the flood board pegs mounted up. I am 6'4" and this is a reason im asking. The last bike I owned with floor boards I had no place to move. And my street glide has forward controls. Thanks again guys.

CrossRoads
03-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Thanks. Anyone care to post up those pics of the vision with the flood board pegs mounted up. I am 6'4" and this is a reason im asking. The last bike I owned with floor boards I had no place to move. And my street glide has forward controls. Thanks again guys.

The pictures are posted in this thread. See post #6.

Given your height, I bet you'll find those foot rests very helpful.

Btw, do you currently have a Cross bike, or are you planning to purchase one?

MADDOGC5
03-02-2011, 01:15 PM
The pictures are posted in this thread. See post #6.

Given your height, I bet you'll find those foot rests very helpful.

Btw, do you currently have a Cross bike, or are you planning to purchase one?

Post 6 has The heal blades. Maybe post 7? Those look different. I pick my xc up next Friday.

CrossRoads
03-02-2011, 01:24 PM
Post 6 has The heal blades. Maybe post 7? Those look different. I pick my xc up next Friday.

Ahh, my bad. I sensed I was missing something here. I thought you were inquiring about the heel blades.

sgtfixit
03-02-2011, 03:26 PM
You wanted pics of these I tale it? These are the Victory highway pegs that mount under the floor boards. I'm 5'10, with 32" inseam. Ive noticed that the most comfortable position is to rest my feet on the mounting bolt end of the pegs. When I really strech out, I can prop my heels on them. Comfortable, but I'd like to get them an inch or so inboard.

Mike

MADDOGC5
03-02-2011, 05:09 PM
That's them. Thank you.

randyyo
03-02-2011, 06:30 PM
These pegs are off my previous bike.
They have the 2 inch offset.
The mount brackets are from Kewlmetal.
For me they are perfect as I can rest my toe on the peg
and heel on the floorboard or my foot completly on the peg.
I'm 6'1" / 34" inseam.

MADDOGC5
03-03-2011, 08:09 PM
Nice. Good looking bikes fellas

gregbenner
03-06-2011, 08:52 AM
These pegs are off my previous bike.
They have the 2 inch offset.
The mount brackets are from Kewlmetal.
For me they are perfect as I can rest my toe on the peg
and heel on the floorboard or my foot completly on the peg.
I'm 6'1" / 34" inseam.

Randyyo, I don't want to hijack this thread, sent you a pm. Maybe you could post a separate thread on your fork wind defelctors, i, where, who, how effective, etc?

thx

greg

randyyo
03-06-2011, 09:36 AM
hi Greg
sent you personal message
randy

CrossRoads
03-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Maybe you could post a separate thread on your fork wind defelctors, i, where, who, how effective, etc?

A new thread on that sounds great. Or else we'll all start pm-ing you with the same questions. ;)