2011 Vegas 8 ball vs 2011 Kingpin 8 ball [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: 2011 Vegas 8 ball vs 2011 Kingpin 8 ball

Skorpyon
03-13-2011, 05:39 PM
first time poster and im looking for some advice from experienced riders. i am new to street riding and have been looking at a 2011 vegas 8 ball (money is down on it) but am considering the kingpin as well. this will be my first bike. i live in a large city but am looking at doing quite a bit of highway miles on the bike as opposed to "bar hopping". both have the same 106 motor and same 6 spd transmission. can aanyone explain what the advantages are to the kingpin and visa versa. ty

CrossRoads
03-13-2011, 08:12 PM
I believe the Kingpin has the inverted forks, while the Vegas does not.

diamondrmp
03-14-2011, 12:34 AM
As CR stated the inverted forks with a smaller wheel. Aside from that its just cosmetic.

They both have the same seats and are interchangeable. A Vegas seat will fit a Kingpin and vice versa.

Paul M
03-14-2011, 09:42 AM
first time poster and im looking for some advice from experienced riders. i am new to street riding and have been looking at a 2011 vegas 8 ball (money is down on it) but am considering the kingpin as well. this will be my first bike. i live in a large city but am looking at doing quite a bit of highway miles on the bike as opposed to "bar hopping". both have the same 106 motor and same 6 spd transmission. can aanyone explain what the advantages are to the kingpin and visa versa. ty

Same bike...only differences are cosmetic....:crzy:

Skorpyon
03-14-2011, 11:33 AM
so really it comes down to asthetics then....someone explained to me that the kingpin would handle a bit better due to the inverted forks and the front tire being closer to the same size as the rear....is this a reality? being my first street bike i would think that it would make no difference since i have really no frame of reference.....thoughts?

CrossRoads
03-14-2011, 12:06 PM
so really it comes down to asthetics then....someone explained to me that the kingpin would handle a bit better due to the inverted forks and the front tire being closer to the same size as the rear....is this a reality? being my first street bike i would think that it would make no difference since i have really no frame of reference.....thoughts?

Sounds like you're ready to test ride them both. See the Fuel It demo tour (http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-us/Victory-Motorcycles/Demo-Rides/Pages/EventSchedule.aspx) and hop on the two.

You might not be able to tell the difference, or you might see it as a significant enough difference. At any rate, it's good to ask, but make sure your ultimate decision is made after riding both the Vegas and the Kingpin. Also to consider are their different looks, of course. :)

Paul M
03-14-2011, 12:46 PM

I have to agree with Crossroads...go find a demo ride and ride them both.....hell, ride them all if you can...they are paying for the fuel....LOL...Joking aside...whichever pleases your eyes is the one to get...In my opinion there isn't a sweeter ride than a Victory....My vegas has 1634cc's and I was amazed...it rode better and easier than my 800 cc Suzuki that I had as a commuter bike. Have fun, and welcome to the Victory family...once you get your new girl give a shout and we will steer you towards some awesome after market goodies....Good luck.....Paul thumb up

Skorpyon
03-14-2011, 02:27 PM
thanks for all the input guys.....my first choice is the vegas for the nice clean newer styling.....but the kingpin does have that classic look and flare to it....im thinking i will be going with the vegas...im not huge on the floor boards regardless.....seem a bit small for my liking....any thoughts on bags though? i am looking at the semi rigid ones from victory but wish they were a bit bigger for the longer trips but want something lockable, and the hard bags are a bit square for my liking. also going with the luggage rack on the back and possibly some highway bars.....

Fixer166
03-14-2011, 08:42 PM
Check my mistress out.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthread.php?t=4272&page=3
I have the hard bags from Victory and the Luggage rack.
Scroll down a bit, I hate winter.

Skorpyon
03-14-2011, 08:47 PM
lol fixer hate the winter too and i know exactly how you feel about it since im only 400 km south of you in the capital city.....and i work alot up there as an electrician out of ibew 424....and you got yourself one nice ride...now about this snow........

Fixer166
03-14-2011, 09:02 PM
Haha, that's awesome.
May I recommend calling to Don at Elk Island. A great dealership to deal with, just a bit east of you. Well worth the drive and they are very willing to help you out with whatever you need.
Don, Elk Island Sales - 1-780-998-9159
1-888-998-9159

Cheers Fixer (Bryce)

kevinx
03-14-2011, 09:39 PM
Cosmetics is the only difference??????????????????????????
Are you guys crazy. How about full size floor boards?? A 130/18 front wheel instead of a 90/90, or the slight but definate change in rake that makes the KP more stable at highway speeds???

While both bikes are VERY capable machines. By design the KP is the bike designed more for the person looking for light touring, and the Vegas is more a city bike. Yes a Vegas can tour, but the narrow front tire is more prone to trammeling, and pegs suck for distance riding