Windscreen [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Windscreen

Bone3
03-25-2011, 06:09 AM
If anyone is looking, I just purchased and installed the Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield to my Jackpot and it is working very well. It is an easy install and very easy to take on and off. I'm about 5' 10" and at the shields highest setting it is at a perfect height for me. Plus, it actually looks pretty good on there too!!

haVok
03-25-2011, 06:14 AM
If anyone is looking, I just purchased and installed the Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield to my Jackpot and it is working very well. It is an easy install and very easy to take on and off. I'm about 5' 10" and at the shields highest setting it is at a perfect height for me. Plus, it actually looks pretty good on there too!!

If it looks so good, how about some pics??? :) I actually am interested in getting a windshield, but never knew how tall of one to get?

Bone3
03-25-2011, 06:53 AM
If it looks so good, how about some pics??? :) I actually am interested in getting a windshield, but never knew how tall of one to get?

I will definitely try to get some pics up!! I've been too busy riding when I'm not stuck at work!!thumb up

sht-dstrbr
03-25-2011, 05:33 PM
As I said Pics would be great. as well as any info you may have. Also. No talking about riding here , Ontario is - 12 and we just had a snow storm. LOL

audie
03-25-2011, 09:56 PM
Yes, some pics would be nice. A front and side view, if possible. Thanks. I've been looking at several types myself.

"Superfly Windshield"
Jackpot™ Mini Standard Windshield

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but does anybody have one of these and can provide pics of your bike?

Bone3
03-26-2011, 09:45 AM
Pics of the Slipstreamer Spitfire windshield...

audie
03-26-2011, 01:24 PM
Looks really good! I rarely get on the highway but when I did last weekend, I felt like I was going to be ripped off the bike. I could definitely see the need for a windshield on long trips. Do you plan to leave it on most of the time and is most of your riding on the highway? At it's highest setting, does it keep the wind off your chest and face?

I appreciate the purpose of them but not a big fan of windshields. For me, I would fine with one small enough to keep just the wind off the chest.

Bone3
03-26-2011, 05:20 PM
Looks really good! I rarely get on the highway but when I did last weekend, I felt like I was going to be ripped off the bike. I could definitely see the need for a windshield on long trips. Do you plan to leave it on most of the time and is most of your riding on the highway? At it's highest setting, does it keep the wind off your chest and face?

I appreciate the purpose of them but not a big fan of windshields. For me, I would fine with one small enough to keep just the wind off the chest.

I leave it off most of the time. It is nice to have for the longer trips and it does keep the wind off the face and chest without any buffeting to me. It is so easy to take on and off anyway, it only takes a few seconds.

muzz1447
03-27-2011, 09:14 AM
as much as i like the idea of a windshield it just does not go with these bikes at all ... just takes to much away from the bike... just like the seat u have, yes great seat and comfort but it takes away from the sleak lines of the bike... but on the other hand comfort is better then being cool i guess...:confused:

ks_greg
03-27-2011, 01:00 PM
Wondered how that type of shield would hold up on the highway at 70 mph, it appears to only have the two mounting points on the shield. Does it "wiggle" around or is it pretty solid? Someone else was looking at a shield like that in another thread.

I went through the same dilemma with my bike as far as finding something that looked "right", style wise. It had one of the factory superfly mini-shields when I bought it. Better than nothing, but wanted something more. Ended up going with the batwing fairing, looks better than any kind of shield I found. Easy on & off in about 15 seconds.

Bone3
03-28-2011, 07:10 AM
as much as i like the idea of a windshield it just does not go with these bikes at all ... just takes to much away from the bike... just like the seat u have, yes great seat and comfort but it takes away from the sleak lines of the bike... but on the other hand comfort is better then being cool i guess...:confused:

"Cool" is such a relative term. My wife really likes riding in that seat and with her on it, it looks really "cool" to me!!

I've only had the bike for a week and that is the seat that came with it. The good thing about seats and windshields is that you can go from "uncool" to "cool" in a matter of minutes! Good riding to ya!!thumb up

Bone3
03-28-2011, 07:15 AM
Wondered how that type of shield would hold up on the highway at 70 mph, it appears to only have the two mounting points on the shield. Does it "wiggle" around or is it pretty solid? Someone else was looking at a shield like that in another thread.

I went through the same dilemma with my bike as far as finding something that looked "right", style wise. It had one of the factory superfly mini-shields when I bought it. Better than nothing, but wanted something more. Ended up going with the batwing fairing, looks better than any kind of shield I found. Easy on & off in about 15 seconds.

The shield seems to hold up really well at 70 mph. It actually wiggles around a more at 30 to 45 mph. I haven't rode a whole lot with it yet though. I usually take a few 300 to 400 mile jaunts a year and basically just purchased the shield for those trips.

muzz1447
03-28-2011, 08:53 AM
i hear ya brother.. no knock on you or the windshield. i have to get one also for long highway miles just as long as i can take it off asap after the highway... of all the windshields out there yours look decent... A pretty woman on the back always makes the bike look better!!

roadstarmoney
04-24-2011, 08:58 PM
I also bought the batwing fairing and love it. keeps the bugs out of my teeth and looks good on the bike. Will try to get some pictures and post them. Bought mine from bikerhaven , full kit for 329. takes about 10 seconds to take it off and 20 seconds to put it back on. i like it so well i only take it off to wash it.