New Kingpin owner and questions [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: New Kingpin owner and questions

moparict
03-26-2011, 05:56 AM
Purchased a "new to me" 2004 Kingpin with 11,000 miles on it. I already have a question. Can the newer electronic cruise control be made to work with the older bikes?

petey
03-27-2011, 03:35 PM
CONGRATS on upgrading to a Victory.

After several Metric bikes, I went for the 2009 Kingpin Low.

Mine is pre-wired for cruise control and the mechanic at my dealership quoted me a very high price for the cruise control plus a few hours labor so I decided to not get the cruise control yet.

Good luck on your decision.

petey

Tarzan
03-27-2011, 04:04 PM
I did a lot of reading on this a couple years ago when I got my Pin.
My conclusion was that you cannot easily add electronic cruise control.
That is why a lot of people use a throttle lock.
I did however find one you could make work.It requires the addition of a vacuum canister though.I think it was made by Audiovox.CCs100?maybe

kingpin8baller
03-27-2011, 08:42 PM
Just brought home 2011 kingpin 8ball. Is this bike suppose to have a heel toe shifter? I have to admit, on the ride home, my transmission was doing some funny things. At stop, I had a very hard time getting into 1st. Once I got moving, the power was nice. Also, when I was in 3rd or 4th it would pop into neutral on its own. Not sure i'm liking this compared to the 2010 I had...Any one else having these issues? The dealer is picking up the bike tomorrow.....

SeeJayDub
03-27-2011, 11:38 PM
Purchased a "new to me" 2004 Kingpin with 11,000 miles on it. I already have a question. Can the newer electronic cruise control be made to work with the older bikes?

The Cruise control is not available for the older models. I think the 09 is the first year they started pre-wiring them. There are some good mechanical ones on the market though. I know Victory only has them.

If I were to get the cruise control installed, it is required to get the tach also.

SeeJayDub
03-27-2011, 11:40 PM
Just brought home 2011 kingpin 8ball. Is this bike suppose to have a heel toe shifter? I have to admit, on the ride home, my transmission was doing some funny things. At stop, I had a very hard time getting into 1st. Once I got moving, the power was nice. Also, when I was in 3rd or 4th it would pop into neutral on its own. Not sure i'm liking this compared to the 2010 I had...Any one else having these issues? The dealer is picking up the bike tomorrow.....

It is just a couple of adjustments they can make for it to ride right. Don't worry.

kingpin8baller
03-28-2011, 05:59 AM
what about the heel/toe shifter, this should be standard correct?

SmattaHead
03-28-2011, 12:48 PM
mechanical cruise control available from conquest customs for about $80.00.
supposedly works great....on my wish list

SeeJayDub
03-28-2011, 04:20 PM
what about the heel/toe shifter, this should be standard correct?

Should be.

moparict
03-29-2011, 08:56 PM
mechanical cruise control available from conquest customs for about $80.00.
supposedly works great....on my wish list

I went to the site but did not see the cruise control. Could you please post a link?

moparict
03-29-2011, 08:59 PM
The Cruise control is not available for the older models. I think the 09 is the first year they started pre-wiring them. There are some good mechanical ones on the market though. I know Victory only has them.

If I were to get the cruise control installed, it is required to get the tach also.

Is it an issue of wiring? I'm not afraid of that. I have an 07 Turbo Busa that was a wiring nightmare, but it all works! If all the sensors are there I would think someone could build or buy a plug and play harness.

SmattaHead
03-29-2011, 10:21 PM
I went to the site but did not see the cruise control. Could you please post a link?

moparict
my bad. the cruise control I was referring to is on the cycleops usa website. click the tab for 'more victory parts' and it is two-thirds of the way down the page. sorry, couldn't post a link on this computer. the product is called 'victory getsmart cruise control' and is for all bikes before '08.

I had read reviews on this product from another site, and it rates very high.

SmattaHead
03-29-2011, 10:26 PM
BTW My Favorite accessory available for vic bikes, located on the cycleops website has to be the VibeRider! Take your girl for an exciting ride!!!:crzy: