The count down is on.... [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: The count down is on....

Skorpyon
04-09-2011, 08:55 PM
well the time is here.....the countdown has begun.....signed the papers today bike will be ready for me on wednesday.....i decided to go with the 2011 Vegas 8 Ball.....options are the semi rigid bags, a luggage rack and the mini standard windshield.....i opted out of the highway bars but may add them at a later date.... will be posting a picture of my new ride when i pick her up.....can not wait to get on her for the first ride.....

Speedblue
04-09-2011, 09:47 PM
You got to feel like a little kid waiting for a new toy. Enjoy the new ride,congrats.thumb up

Skorpyon
04-10-2011, 05:19 PM
Day 2 of the countdown....sun is shining outside and the streets, though a bit gravelly, are dry and inviting....WTF why didnt i sign the papers last week so i could be enjoying them.....3 days to go....think ill make sure her parking spot is nice and clean...."honey get your damn van out of my bikes spot in the garage!!!!!"

Speedblue
04-10-2011, 05:35 PM
Lucky you got a garage to park it in. My sits ins a wooden shed. The shed is actually very nice. It is like a small barn. How do the Victorys like to crank up in the really cold weather. I know you don't have it yet,but they got to be easier to start than some of the Harleys. My old Triumph Speedmaster does ok in the winter but's got half the engine of the Victorys. Again in enjoy the new ride,just a little jealous.

Skorpyon
04-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Day 3.... pick up has to be delayed....was not able to get my road test done before thursday.....didnt realize i needed a 2nd permit to take the on road test or i would have had it done yesterday.....so pick up in 4 days on friday.....just in time for the weekend. when i pick her up i will be booking in my first service. any suggestions on what i should be looking for in the service? i realize the break in oil needs to be changed but what else should i be seeing they do?

Speedblue
04-12-2011, 01:23 AM
I would think normal things like all the fluids and belt adjustment. Also of course tires and all electrical,battery connections,lights and horn.Just some ideas. Also if you have any questions about different noises that would be the time to ask them and they can explain them or check them out. Also if you are the type that does not read the operators manual you might ask about frequency of services and any other possible problems to keep an eye out for. I work on equipment and sometimes our customers doooooo drive us nuts with questions but hey you as the customer just put out a lot of money and they ought to do their best to make you happy with trying to answer them.Just my two cents worth.

Skorpyon
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM
day 4....thanks for the advice speed....dont be jealous bike is 20 years in the want department...today im heading to buy some gear....getting a jacket and some chaps....need to look as good as the bike....why did i have to delay...better safe than sorry i suppose...its going to be a loooooong 3 days....

Day 4 continued....found out we are getting snow on thursday....not just any snow...the kind of snow that says "F U !!!! your not going for you licence today, in fact im going to snow all weekend just because" ....yup 20 cms (7 inches) of snow forecast for thursday... crossing the fingers toes eyes and yup the balls too hoping it doesnt ....skipped the chaps today....got the jacket...and a helmut...and a rear bag that will fit nicely on the luggage rack, yet be good for carrying the clothes to the motel rooms ill be visiting this summer....comon weather, for once cooperate with me.....

Skorpyon
04-13-2011, 10:52 AM
Day 5 .... have to clean out the garage.....wife swears she will run over the bike with her van if i take her spot.....figure ill just move everything to her side lol .... supposed to pick up the bike today....cant do it though...but i am going to visit, need to see how she looks.....

Day 5 continued.....got some good news today, and some bad.....was called this morning and my on road test has been moved up to this afternoon.....thats the good news.....went to look at the new bike and to let them know i would have to get it tomorrow....wasnt even out of the crate, and the bags and luggage rack were not in yet....thats the bad......was told they should be in tomorrow when i can pick it up....of course its supposed to snow...thats the worst.....hopefully the weather man is full of donkey crap and the sun will be shining for me to get on her morrow....cant wait to take her for the maiden ride......more later when i get back from the test....

Day 5 continued continued .... lol....well im now legal to ride...class 6 has been passed, though i did have a few burps on the road....turn signals, remember to turn them off EVERY time.....and shoulder check even when its one lane and your moving into a turn lane.....lessons learned....at least i didnt dump it on that one corner i got a bit deep in and had to plant the left to save it....damn gravel on the front tire....pick her up tomorrow, please let the snow stay away....please.......

Skorpyon
04-14-2011, 10:35 AM
Day 6....Mother Nature your a Bi^c#!!!! snowing like its december out there....guess i can make a bit more room in the garage, wont be picking her up now for a week and a half....after easter i suppose....off to put the insurance on her today and get the registration.....

Day 6 continued...Insurance and registration are done.....and i got to go look at the bike today...still need to get the luggage rack on (in shipping) not bringing her home till i can ride, damn snow.....

Skorpyon
04-14-2011, 05:09 PM
here is how she looks minus the luggage rack

mini standard windshield and semi rigid bags....

Speedblue
04-15-2011, 02:09 AM
Congrats! cheers Bike looks great. My last bike a I bought new my 05 Triumph took my I believe 22 years to get. It is now paid for. Now if I could just get the money for a new Victory. Enjoy the new bike. My wife who really does not like to ride says she really likes the Victorys. She never has said that about my Triumph. Watch out for that snow if you take it out soon. Good luck.:cool:

Skorpyon
04-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Day 7....saw an interesting video on youtube in regards to windshields.....lexan poly carbonate vs lucite(acrylic)....does anyone know what the victory oem windshields are made of? there is 5 inches of snow on the ground today, and im not very happy since it will now be over a week before i can get the bike....but i would rather wait and be safe, this will help get the gravel off as well since its a good thick wet snow....going to start planning my first road trip, for sometime in late may....possibly head to the mountains....

Day 7 continued....the weather was quite nice today.....the streets have all melted and are drying....if it will keep up for tomorrow maybe....just maybe....i will be able to go get her in the late afternoon.....at least to get her home....where i can stare at her....and ya maybe just rub her in the wrong ways.....hey, dont judge me.....you show yours love your way and ill show mine my way.....lol :rolleyes:

Skorpyon
04-18-2011, 10:18 AM
Day Whatever....like 10....and im bringing her home today.....the sun is shining the roads are bare....i feel like an 8 year old on christmas morning,......could have got her yesterday but they were closed.......

Day Whatever continued....maiden voyage complete....what an absolutly awesome ride this machine is....the power is more than ample on the throttle, and the smoothness of the ride is something to be amazed by....put the first 100 km ( 60 miles) on it with a little jaunt through town, and a bit on the freeways around the city.....should have done this long ago, but boy am i glad to finally have her home....