Seat options... [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Seat options...

jenksdrummer
04-18-2011, 01:15 PM
Scratch Mustang Seats off the list:

Mustang does not make and has no plans to make any seats or accessories for any of the jackpot models, sorry.
Thanks for your interest in Mustang.

So...who else makes seats for the Jackpot?

Buzzgruv
04-18-2011, 01:27 PM
I finally ordered the Corbin modular front seat - keeping the passenger seat stock... From what I've heard it should be a huge difference! Still looks good, too!

jenksdrummer
04-18-2011, 02:13 PM
I finally ordered the Corbin modular front seat - keeping the passenger seat stock... From what I've heard it should be a huge difference! Still looks good, too!

Let me know how that works out. Corbin is one I'm looking at as well...

I'm thinking I might get the tourer 2-up seat and a single backrest, since the lady of the house seems to want to ride a lot and she's doing it on the stock seat w/ no backrest...

Later on, I might get the stinger, when she loses interest. Ideally it'd be a quick change...

kingsolver22
04-22-2011, 02:36 AM
I have the 2 up touring seat made by victory on my 10 ness JP. Great seat and doesnt look to shabby when the mrs wants to go for a ride.

catskinner
04-22-2011, 10:34 AM
just ordered the corbin 2-up w/backrest.they're made after you order for lower overhead.was told theres a 1000 mile break in period. takes 3 to 4 weeks for delivery.
mustang makes seats, corbin makes saddles.

Buzzgruv
04-22-2011, 09:32 PM
Let me know how that works out. Corbin is one I'm looking at as well...

I'm thinking I might get the tourer 2-up seat and a single backrest, since the lady of the house seems to want to ride a lot and she's doing it on the stock seat w/ no backrest...

Later on, I might get the stinger, when she loses interest. Ideally it'd be a quick change...

I was thinking about getting the Stinger, too. I figured I have a hard enough time strapping down a fender bag for day trips - the stock passenger is still nice and flat for the bag. I definitely like the look of the Stinger better but then I'd probably have to look into saddle bags for cargo! Lol....

BBob
04-23-2011, 01:21 AM
I was very happy with the JP touring seat except that it didn't have a backrest for the rider. Would have been good on longer rides. I guess I could have put something on the back seat that I could lean against though.

haknslash
04-23-2011, 09:13 PM
I have the one-piece Victory Bandit seat in stitched flamed pattern. Looks similar in profile to the Corbin. I like the profile as it really lets you "scoop" into the bike if you want to. It also gives a little lower back support if you ride "deep" in the seat. It's not going to be a favorite for anyone on super long journey's but I have no major problems riding the bike all day. You can see pics of it below from various angles...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/haknslash2003/HoDVR/4-9-11%20meeting/myjackpot.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/haknslash2003/HoDVR/4-9-11%20meeting/myjackpot2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v128/haknslash2003/HoDVR/4-9-11%20meeting/myjackpot5.jpg

Buzzgruv
05-05-2011, 01:12 PM
Finally got my new Corbin seat on the Jackpot. Installation was a breeze and the fit is perfect! Looks great! Break-in is going smooth - the first 50kms took a bit of getting used to but getting comfier by the mile...thumb up

The only issue I had/have is I'm finding the stock passenger seat is digging into the bottom of my lower back. Might take a minor adjustment but nothing I'm too worried about. :)

jenksdrummer
05-05-2011, 04:57 PM
What's interesting is that my 2011's seat looks like the bandit seat (minus flames) more than anything...my seat is a 1-piece with a hex bolt on the fender and two bolts underneath near the side covers.

I've seen stock photo's, and have seen pictures that suggest, that my seat is quite different - I don't have the chrome looking "pan" underneath the passenger spot (but I do have 3 bolt holes in the fender), and my seat is a 1-piece, where I've seen references to 2-piece seats.

It's enough to :crzy:

jenksdrummer
05-05-2011, 05:01 PM
I was thinking about getting the Stinger, too. I figured I have a hard enough time strapping down a fender bag for day trips - the stock passenger is still nice and flat for the bag. I definitely like the look of the Stinger better but then I'd probably have to look into saddle bags for cargo! Lol....

I'm doing what I can to stay away from bags on this bike. My last bike I had bags, guards, highway pegs, sissy bar, crap-rack and so on...

Mostly I just want to get to basics and ride...instead of running errands that I could use the bike for instead of my car/truck...then again, maybe I might get some bags if they're (easily) detachable - oddly, my bike had easily detachable bags, but I didn't like the bike's look with them off...I think it'd be the other way with this bike...

I mean if I wanted that, I'd have bought a Harley RoadKing (since I don't like the Vison...to..."modern-art")

Anyhow...

niteowl100
08-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Sent email to corbin R&D about a touring seat for 07 ness jackpot seat.Soon as their work load slows there going to use my o7 ness jp to do a mock up and need my bike for about a month .There only 160 miles from me so when it happens I'll post a pic of the new seat there going to offer.

jpg0511
08-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Just put the Corbin front and rear on mine with a backrest for the back seat. Me and the wife love it. Looks really good on the bike. Has alot of curves and not flat looking at all.

Old Dog
09-01-2012, 08:15 AM
Sent email to corbin R&D about a touring seat for 07 ness jackpot seat.Soon as their work load slows there going to use my o7 ness jp to do a mock up and need my bike for about a month .There only 160 miles from me so when it happens I'll post a pic of the new seat there going to offer.

Keep us updated on this with pics, My son and I just done a 1800 miles trip avg. 300 miles a day. My jackpot done a great job, But I absolutely HATE that stock seat. I had a Mustang on my last bike, and have been looking for a while for something for my jackpot.

rstarost
07-01-2014, 12:49 PM
Love that seat option. Can you intsall a passenger backrest if needed?