01 v92c [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: 01 v92c

brad
06-19-2011, 08:02 PM
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h253/bradshow01/v92.jpg

Here's what I just picked up. All I know about it is that it has aftermarket pipes, power commander and it had a bunch of chrome engine covers but I took them off and put the stock ones back on. I think all the chrome looks horrible on it especially the tins under the seats. Most is going to be powdercoated, the rest I'm gonna sell.

I'm gonna spend the next few hours searching the site but maybe someone can help with these questions:

It has 18,000 miles, is there any service issues I should look into?

Can the bike be lowered? I looked at the swingarm and the stock shock and it appears to be in the lowest hole but I want to go lower.

Is the stock yellow rare and worth not repainting?

How much would this bike be worth? I basically got it for free in a trade deal.

Whats the best parts store for aftermarket goodies?

Whiplash
06-19-2011, 10:47 PM
What all do you plan on striping off there, I just picked up a 99 C. Or are you happy with the accessories that are on it?

diamondrmp
06-19-2011, 10:48 PM
Unless they went to a lot of trouble to do a lot of painting and powder coating including the engine to that bike you gotta a sweet SC there.

Unfortunately aftermarket parts are few and far in between for the older bikes.

I will say that a good contact for you is Rylan of the http://www.thevicshop.com/

Contact your local dealer and see if the tranny upgrade was done. The 01's weren't as bad as the 00's and the SC's may not have even been affected but it is worth checking.

brad
06-19-2011, 10:53 PM
What all do you plan on striping off there, I just picked up a 99 C. Or are you happy with the accessories that are on it?

I'll post up a picture tomorrow. But I have these that are used, the right side chrome front belt drive cover, right side chrome cam cover, left side chrome primary cover.

I also have new, another left side chrome cover, left side chrome trim piece (opened it because I have no idea where it goes but its brand new)

I think thats it for now, but I'll get the pics up asap.

I'm more of a painted and powdercoated guy, theres just too much chrome on there for me, especially with a full black engine.

diamondrmp
06-19-2011, 10:57 PM
Yes the bike can be lowered. DO a search because I believe one of the members here has decided to make the lowered clevice himself.

brad
06-19-2011, 11:02 PM
Unless they went to a lot of trouble to do a lot of painting and powder coating including the engine to that bike you gotta a sweet SC there.

Unfortunately aftermarket parts are few and far in between for the older bikes.

I will say that a good contact for you is Rylan of the http://www.thevicshop.com/

Contact your local dealer and see if the tranny upgrade was done. The 01's weren't as bad as the 00's and the SC's may not have even been affected but it is worth checking.

Yeah, for the last 3 hours I've been searching parts. Can't find much of anything. I think I'll just get some powdercoating done and some floorboards and thats it. No since in getting too crazy. It was basically free and came with all kinds of extras, chrome parts, seat, windshield, stock pipes, etc.

I'm gonna run it to the Vic dealer to check on recalls, etc also. The owner said that one wasn't done but it wasn't major. I suppose my main concern is for the recommended service. I am clueless on what needs to be done on these V-twins.

Thanks for the quick responses.

diamondrmp
06-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Contact the owner and ask him if the tranny was done.

Be sure to contact Rylan.

Those parts you have will sell pretty quick.

Also Rylan make a kit so that you can bolt the newer wheels on your bike.