Full size windshields? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: Full size windshields?

Rifleman
06-24-2011, 01:41 PM
I see where some Jackpot (and Vegas) owners have put on shorty or pop-top sport windshields and they look good. Has anyone put on a full size windshield like the Memphis Shades 21 inch or the NC Switchblade 2-Up which is 20 inches?

Arkansas Jackpot
06-24-2011, 02:07 PM
also intereseted.....

Paul M
06-24-2011, 02:27 PM
I see where some Jackpot (and Vegas) owners have put on shorty or pop-top sport windshields and they look good. Has anyone put on a full size windshield like the Memphis Shades 21 inch or the NC Switchblade 2-Up which is 20 inches?

I have the mini standard..it is 16 inches and fits and looks pretty good...what some people seem to forget is that you should be able to look over the shield...(its about the only way to see in rain) cheers

Rifleman
06-24-2011, 03:26 PM
I am 6'2" and I got out the tape measure. The 20 and 21 inch shields will hit me in the chin, so plenty of eye clearance even with the big shields. So the size guides say go with the big shields.

I am trying to avoid a scenerio where I put on a smaller, sportier shield for looks and end up directing the air directly at my head.

Since the Jackpot is not a true touring bike, I am concerned that the big shields will look out of place...or will they?

Looking for advice.

Arkansas Jackpot
06-24-2011, 04:42 PM
I am thinking that the big shot will look the best. I almost pulled the trigger on a Memphis shades Fats until I saw the big shot. It has a much sportier look.

TheLost
06-24-2011, 05:36 PM
I have the mini standard..it is 16 inches and fits and looks pretty good...what some people seem to forget is that you should be able to look over the shield...(its about the only way to see in rain) cheers

10-4 to that!

I felt like a dog hangin out the backseat window tryin to drive my bike home from the dealer in a downpour!thumb up