How much hard bag room? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: How much hard bag room?

bfisherman11
07-22-2011, 03:25 PM
I am looking online at Victory's. At first I was totally sold on the X country but I have found a few used visions that I want to go look at. My question is about those hard bags. I heard they are not as big as you think. Can someone elaborate before I go look?

Right now I have soft bags. They are probably sold as a large but they are not that big. I have a tough time folding my armored mesh jacket up and closing them. It fits but barely. I would like a bit more room than that. I hate cramming my stuff into too small a bag.

Thanks,
Bill

visionjohnny
07-22-2011, 04:05 PM
If your thinking about putting the kitchen sink in them no there not big enough.
But if your thinking about a ten day trip yes there big enough. Its like a car you can carry a lot bot then some times you need a pick up.
How much do you want to carry and are you being piratical about you want to take.
pairs of jeans and ten T shirts flip flops and ten pair of boxers are in one side. Rain suit heated jacket gloves rain boots first aid kit and tools in the other bag. I'm sure I left a few items out but I do just fine.

Tom Kirk
07-22-2011, 07:57 PM
If you're thinking about putting the kitchen sink in them, no they're not big enough.
But if you're thinking about a ten day trip, yes they're big enough. It's like a car you can carry a lot but then some times you need a pick up.
How much do you want to carry and are you being practical about what you want to take?
pairs of jeans and ten T shirts flip flops and ten pair of boxers are in one side. Rain suit heated jacket gloves rain boots first aid kit and tools in the other bag. I'm sure I left a few items out but I do just fine.

+1

I've got a small cooler in one, so I've got that going for me.

JS5owner
07-23-2011, 01:22 AM
I am looking online at Victory's. At first I was totally sold on the X country but I have found a few used visions that I want to go look at. My question is about those hard bags. I heard they are not as big as you think. Can someone elaborate before I go look?
Thanks,
Bill

I too was looking at the X bikes as I loved the size of the bags... However I saw a 2009 Ness Vision and fell in love with it. But worried about the size of the bags. In actual use, they are much bigger than they appear. Because they open out, not up, they seem smaller. They meet my needs completely - or I should say - the Vision meets my needs completely. I got the tricked out Ness for less than a new XC. Plus, it was new! It sat on the dealers floor for 2 years waiting for me. <grin>

jkfrazier
07-24-2011, 09:29 AM
I come from riding a Goldwing. Initially I too was concerned about the smaller size of the VV saddlebags, but as others have said they are larger than they appear. I have taken several trips and had no issues at all packing all that I need and more. I can pack practically as much in the VV as I did in the wing and see very little difference in total storage capacity.

Don't let the bags hold you back. When you look at them the first time, you will think they are small, but notice how deep they are.

You'll be fine.

bfisherman11
07-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Well a local dealer has a used one that I plan on looking at. I am surprised since I am a more conservative guy that the vision is catching my eye or at least running even with the XC... I want to look at one and see if it fits me.

I did not think I would want another black bike but the vision looks pretty mean in black, the one I am going to look at is the cherry color. I like that also.

Bill