dual disk forks on single disc wheel??? [Archive] - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum

: dual disk forks on single disc wheel???

bleednate
07-30-2011, 05:31 PM
logic check please...

so i had someone back into my bike the other day while it was parked. caused about a 3" scratch in the powder coating, warped the front tire a bit, and ripped the kickstand rubber foot.

dealer says there could be internal damage, i should replace the impact fork, or both, so the only place that has any is ebay. found the nicest ones, and then decided to purchase. after purchasing, i went and looked closer, these are made for a DUAL disc front wheel. they should function fine, but it sure will look funny and bother me that there's the right fork with a caliper bracket, and no disc or caliper or extra stopping power....can't find a matching wheel with dual disc, otherwise i'd just double my braking, no problem.

would anyone else feel funny riding a bike with that extra benign bracket on their bike? am i making a big deal out of nothing, OR, should i try to find a machine shop who can take it off, sand it flat and even, and then re-powder coat it???

thanks!

Tarzan
07-30-2011, 06:27 PM
I just went out and looked at my Kingpin.At a glance, it looks like you may be able to just have a machine shop add the bolt circle for a disc for that side. If I were you, I would do some measuring and check it out. It wouldn't cost much to add a bolt circle.I could do it in about an hour myself.I have access to a mill though.However,if you are considering having that mount machined off anyway,and re-powdercoat.It would probably cost about the same.
Then you would just need the caliper,line,disc,bolts, pads, and a Y fitting to add the line. I would love dual discs.

bleednate
07-30-2011, 07:01 PM
how bout this everyone....the forks i want to buy off ebay are for a '02 V92TC. my bike is an '01 V92C Deluxe...any reason why they would not fit into the triple tree, or the standard single disc wheel, axle, caliper and associated parts would NOT work correctly? dealership only has schematics with different part numbers....so they are of no use....

@tarzan, i will definitely take it to tucson and have a shop cut that caliper tab off, sand, and powder coat refinish it. IF these TC forks will fit....

ftwflh
07-31-2011, 08:41 AM
Why not look for a complete dual disc front end or complete single disc?
Try this link http://claz.org/